MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   Intake and Exhaust (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust-328/)
-   -   GTM RTP vs Berk HFC (https://www.myg37.com/forums/intake-and-exhaust/203661-gtm-rtp-vs-berk-hfc.html)

EnviedG35 01-19-2010 10:51 PM

GTM RTP vs Berk HFC

Im stuck. I dont know what to do. Im torn between the GTM res test pipes or Berk HFC's. I want more sound out of my exhaust, but i cant deal with drone. I dont mind it loud when i want it loud. But, i cant deal with drone while cruising haha. As anybody here had either set up, or switched set ups for one or the other for lack or, or too much sound? Also, has anybody noticed an difference in power from switching from HFC to Test pipes, or loss of power from switching from Tp back to HFC's? My current exhaust set up consist of magnaflow mufflers, and magnaflow resonators with otherwise stock pipe between the magnaflow components. The exhaust sounds nice now, but i want more sound, and more power would be nice haha. I searched but couldnt find any real direct comparisons.

SoFloG37 01-19-2010 10:54 PM

i had berk hfc, nice gains, but i sold them to go with resonated TP's lol im still decided on which ones to buy or to make my own lol. But I would say TP's but thats just me

G37Sam 01-19-2010 10:54 PM

The G37 is too heavy to notice 3-4whp gains so your butt dyno won't read accurate with respect to gains.

Anytime your replace your OEM cats your call will drone and that's a fact! I went from Non-Res to Resonated and I've heard HFC + Cb combo and they all drone to an extent. It honestly is a matter of getting used to it.

It drones at 1.5-2.2k rpm, so just cruise at 2.5k-3k and you should be good

EnviedG35 01-19-2010 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by SoFloG37 (Post 2846948)
i had berk hfc, nice gains, but i sold them to go with resonated TP's lol im still decided on which ones to buy or to make my own lol. But I would say TP's but thats just me

did you notice a difference per the butt dyno after going with the test pipes?

I also have a 5AT, so cruising interstate is usually around 2.5-3k anyway. Thats my main concern as i dont do much cruising in around 40-50

G37Rider92649 01-19-2010 11:12 PM

lol. its a test pipe, its going to give more power regardless of the brand. Test pipes are also louder. But with the GTM brand on there you know the product lives up to it's name so it's even better. So my decision? GTM TPs In my opinion. I had FI HFC and then I switched and went GTM TPs and never went back :D

EnviedG35 01-20-2010 01:50 PM

Well bit the bullet and went with the GTM RTP! Now the anxious wait starts haha. Guess i better start hitting those bolts with some PB blaster asap haha

VossenG37S 01-20-2010 02:00 PM

I'm torn also between rtp and hfc and I have fast int HFC and want more of the beutiful purr.

idontcare4 01-20-2010 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S (Post 2847384)
I'm torn also between rtp and hfc and I have fast int HFC and want more of the beutiful purr.

I guess GTM RTP !

EnviedG35 01-20-2010 03:25 PM

That's the boat I was in. I didn't want to go xIth hfcs and still want more sound. So I figured I might as well go all out and do rtps.

Originally Posted by BlkHR37S (Post 2847384)

VossenG37S 01-20-2010 05:00 PM

I meant I'm torn between Hfc and Rtp I currently only have CF Catback and I'm debating on 1 of them and can't descide ! Videos suck and need to hear in person

TomieG 01-20-2010 05:14 PM

I have berk HFC and they are good for me. They do make your exhaust louder but not raspy. I did not go with test pipes because i do no want any rasp but i am sure resonated test pipes will be less raspy.

EnviedG35 01-21-2010 04:20 PM

Originally Posted by Tomiegunzz (Post 2847520)
I have berk HFC and they are good for me. They do make your exhaust louder but not raspy. I did not go with test pipes because i do no want any rasp but i am sure resonated test pipes will be less raspy.

Yea i didnt want to get HFC then still want it louder and wish i went with RTP. Worse comes to worse, the RTP is too loud for me after break in, i know i can always find somebody who will buy it and i can go the HFC route....but after hearing every setup with RTP, i doubt im going to want to get rid of them haha

TomieG 01-21-2010 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by EnviedG35 (Post 2848286)
Yea i didnt want to get HFC then still want it louder and wish i went with RTP. Worse comes to worse, the RTP is too loud for me after break in, i know i can always find somebody who will buy it and i can go the HFC route....but after hearing every setup with RTP, i doubt im going to want to get rid of them haha

Dont RTP & HFC have the same function? So in essence wouldn't they sound the same (loudness)? I mean i doubt someone can tell the difference between a RTP + exhaust vs HFC + exhaust. They both are going to be loud.

g37RN 01-21-2010 05:40 PM

Kind of hard to ask less drone when you free up your exhaust with nonresonated test pipes. Just oneof those sacrafices you'll have

EnviedG35 01-21-2010 05:45 PM

Well test pipes, resonated or not are going to outflow HFC's. Anytime you increase volume you're going to increase sound. So test pipes will add more sound and power vs HFC's. Thats why i went with resonated test pipes for the sound and power without the harshness of just a non resonated test pipe.