Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

G37 Exhaust Noise!

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 09:10 PM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
its startup sound is the sweetest ever.
Old 04-23-2008, 09:24 PM
bboysteele
Premier Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Of the people in this thread that are complain, how many of you actually have talked to your Infiniti service shops or called/emailed Infiniti corportate? Infiniti should replace the mufflers with a different design that won't fail but if they don't get the calls/emails and complaints what is going to make this do this? The two answers right now are "take it to the dealership to get it replaced" or "buy an aftermarket exhaust." Those are the only answers right now. If you want an exhaust that you know will not start rattling after a while then let Infiniti know that. Otherwise when you take it in to get it replaced make sure you pray that you get a good exhaust that won't give you this noice down the road.
Old 04-23-2008, 11:56 PM
lolo300zx

Glad to hear that I am not the only one disappointed by the lack of noise coming from the rear pipes. While I do appreciate the fact that the new car is much quieter and everything, it just kills me that there is no engine sound. My father-in-law sells Porsches and every time I take a ride in a base boxster I am crushed because the engine sounds so nice, especially as it revs. I know, I know, different car and all, but the G37/370GT is a GT coupe right? So a bit of exhaust noise would not be out of place in my book.

And the reason I refuse to consider an aftermarket exhaust is because I would have to get something outrageously loud to drown out the sound of my wife bitching about me spending more money on a car. Yes, they are the same the world over...
Old 04-24-2008, 03:04 AM
TerribleONE453

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
exhausts arent to pricey and are well worth it for looks sound and performance IMO.... with the windows down you can hear exhaust from ~4k especially if your rolling it on
Old 04-25-2008, 12:04 AM
SteveG37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I guess I'm OBV. in the minority here, but I actually love the stock exhaust note. I had the nasty muffler rattle and brought it by the dealership today, they had one left in stock and replaced it for me in about 45 minutes. Nice to here the exhaust again without the rattle, it had been a few weeks since it began.

At any rate, I think the stock exhaust sounds sweet, it's deep and quiet at low RPM's but really roars IMO when you get on it. To the poster that complained about our engine sound, I'm actually shocked that you are so disappointed in it. I think the G37 sounds absolutely sick once you hit the
5k+ RPM range, engine and exhaust really come to life.

BTW, does anyone know if Injen is going to eventually design a catback exhaust for us?? I emailed them last week but never got an actual response back, only the auto email saying someone would get back to me in a few days, it's now been a week???? Had the catback super SES exhaust on my 2006 scion tc with trd supecharger and it sounded amazing, would love to see an injen exhaust for the G37, (no offense FI owners).
Old 04-25-2008, 02:01 AM
Comatose

Are you guys judging the sound from inside or outside?

From the inside it appears muffled down, but thats due to the increased sound insulation.
From the outside i think its hard to discern the two.. but I could be wrong.
Old 04-25-2008, 11:04 AM
gan78mao

Originally Posted by vINCe_Inc
its startup sound is the sweetest ever.
thats for sure!!!!
i love it whenever i start my car in the morning! its freaking loud in my garage!
Old 04-25-2008, 11:10 AM
terp2007

Originally Posted by TerribleONE453
exhausts arent to pricey and are well worth it for looks sound and performance IMO.... with the windows down you can hear exhaust from ~4k especially if your rolling it on
Never modded a car before (had SUV before), how much would the exhaust cost?
Old 04-25-2008, 11:12 AM
gan78mao

^ ranges, depending on the brand
cheaper ones go from around 700
so i would say 700 to 1600 for most of them

amuse power house goes for at least 3K and more!!
Old 04-25-2008, 05:57 PM
G35Tuning

Might be guessing here...But are those of you enjoy the G37 stock exhaust former G35 coupe owners??? My guess would be no, I could definitely be wrong...My single and only damn complaint after only 3 days of driving the G37 is that this exhaust is WEAK compared to my G35 coupe...I do enjoy that there is no drone and I can have a quiet drive at times but I figured it would have that same get up and go sound that my G35 had between the 3500-5000 rpm mark...The G37 has a great start up sound and the engine and exhaust blend really well when you give the gas a quick blip and rev...But on the road it is weak in all gears and rpms...
Old 04-25-2008, 06:03 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by SteveG37
I guess I'm OBV. in the minority here, but I actually love the stock exhaust note. I had the nasty muffler rattle and brought it by the dealership today, they had one left in stock and replaced it for me in about 45 minutes. Nice to here the exhaust again without the rattle, it had been a few weeks since it began.

At any rate, I think the stock exhaust sounds sweet, it's deep and quiet at low RPM's but really roars IMO when you get on it. To the poster that complained about our engine sound, I'm actually shocked that you are so disappointed in it. I think the G37 sounds absolutely sick once you hit the
5k+ RPM range, engine and exhaust really come to life.

BTW, does anyone know if Injen is going to eventually design a catback exhaust for us?? I emailed them last week but never got an actual response back, only the auto email saying someone would get back to me in a few days, it's now been a week???? Had the catback super SES exhaust on my 2006 scion tc with trd supecharger and it sounded amazing, would love to see an injen exhaust for the G37, (no offense FI owners).
Yup, Injen is just about done with their Cat Back system.... Should be out soon... It sounds--->
Old 04-25-2008, 06:06 PM
TerribleONE453

have you heard it yet.. ^? and the engine sound in the car isnt that great but just wait till one passes you at WOT with intakes... sounds mean as can be when its coming at you
Old 04-25-2008, 06:35 PM
Gamedog
Sam Rothstein

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah, it sounds awesome... EXOTIC! Almost Ferrari-like to me... And yeah I love passing people up and seeing their faces cringe because of how loud my intakes are! lol
Old 04-25-2008, 07:45 PM
TerribleONE453

you dont know loud until you hear my car... hahahah
Old 04-26-2008, 12:12 AM
prutkows

love the new g37. I like it because nothing.. i mean NOTHING sounds like it.

Quick Reply: G37 Exhaust Noise!