Intake and Exhaust The ultimate forum to ask, discuss, and answer tech related questions regarding MyG37 intake and exhaust.

Stock Exhaust Tip Size?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2008, 10:00 PM
KAHBOOM
Super Moderator of Pwnage

Received 195 Likes on 139 Posts
Stock Exhaust Tip Size?

Does anyone know the stock tip size for the G or how to accurately measure it?

Thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 10:07 PM
vINCe_Inc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bazoooka ... kaaaboomh !
Old 03-28-2008, 10:14 PM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by vINCe_Inc
bazoooka ... kaaaboomh !
not sure what your point is
Old 03-28-2008, 10:34 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1". dude u been on here long enough to know that their are so many threads on thsi. plus u own the car so you could measure it. if i honestly knew i would pm u but don't.

Search my friend. Search
Old 03-29-2008, 12:01 AM
KAHBOOM

Originally Posted by solopresident
1". dude u been on here long enough to know that their are so many threads on thsi. plus u own the car so you could measure it. if i honestly knew i would pm u but don't.

Search my friend. Search
ummm I am not in a good mood right now so forgive me (or don't- I don't care)if this comes out a bit harsh:
I did search and didn't find what I was looking for...
Listen I normally try not to be a smarta$$ on the forums and solo I normally don't have a problem with you but when people try to be internet smarta$$es and respond with "a$$hole" comments instead of attempting to be of help when someone asks a sincere question... here goes...

If there were truly so "many threads" that you could confirm then why wouldn't you know the answer(?) So instead of being a typical internet smarta$$ with the typical "search" response how about pointing me to one of the "many threads" that have the answer because I truly have found none...
If I had not searched I would not have made this post. From my search results the question has been asked only a few times but no one has answered it. So don't give me crap about searching!

And "you've been here long enough" to know better than to respond to a post (especially one of mine) with a condescending response without fully reading the question- yes I know I own the car and I could measure the tips... that is the reason why I asked "HOW to accurately measure it"!!!!!

Thanks anyway for nothing.

Sincerely

K
Old 03-29-2008, 12:06 AM
G-Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you're talking about the stock exhaust "tips" size I believe they are something like 3.5-4 inches in diameter. I don't understand how they can be 1inch
Old 03-29-2008, 01:25 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

ummmm you get a ruler and you look at the inches and you go hummmm lol!!

and im sure i could find something but ill leave it hummmmm lol!! its really not that hard. just get up go outside and measure. you can measure the the opening or the whole tip. get a piece of floss. trust me its been discussed

Trending Topics

Old 03-29-2008, 01:34 AM
nestle_!9

guys , its just simple , if you know the answer to the question ,, just answer it ,, you dont have to post and tell somebody to search ,, because we know that already ,, just try to help,, if you dont feel answering the question , just leave the thread then ,, SIMPLE! ,, trust me ,, sometimes SEARCH function is hard since you key in a word and you are just bombarded with threads with random topics that includes your typed keywords.

Last edited by nestle_!9; 03-29-2008 at 01:38 AM.
Old 03-29-2008, 01:40 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by solopresident
ummmm you get a ruler and you look at the inches and you go hummmm lol!!

and im sure i could find something but ill leave it hummmmm lol!! its really not that hard. just get up go outside and measure. you can measure the the opening or the whole tip. get a piece of floss. trust me its been discussed
Can you do a write up or DIY on that Herbert?
Old 03-29-2008, 01:47 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

i will rent a HD-camcorder to do a dyi. i did go to Harvard you know
Old 03-29-2008, 01:49 AM
MaxToTheG37
Super Moderator w/ Boost

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I know... Herbert at Harvard...
looking forward to it...

To the OP ... If you search exhaust you will find it was discussed when FIs exhaust came out and everyone was wanting bigger tips...
Old 03-29-2008, 01:51 AM
solopresident
Premier Member

ok just measured it and its bigger round than my pee pee
Old 03-29-2008, 01:42 PM
KAHBOOM

Thanks G-Pimp. It's nice to know that there are some people on this forum who actually have a clue.

Solo,

READING... IS.... FUNDAMENTAL... I wasn't asking what steps to take. I was asking if you measure outside the hole, around the tip or from one end to the other etc...

Max,

Have you ever tried searching by just exhaust. There are 20 pages and multiple pages of FI threads.

Nestle has a good point Then try looking for tip size or something of that nature out of all of those threads -it's like searching for a needle in a hay stack.

When you narrow down the search specifically you get nothing on tip size.

Solo and Vince did nothing to contribute to the forum with their answer. They only contributed to the degradation of this thread.

G-Pimp gave an answer that in the future could be readily accessible should someone do a search for "exhaust tip size" etc.

Telling someone to search the multitude of threads for an answer to something that had not been specifically discussed is ignorant.

Responding with sarcasm and other BS to such in an attempt to make themselves look smart actually makes them look dumb.

And some people wonder why they get very little respect on here.

Anyway I got my answer and not from the "search" function. Since we encourage sarcasm over helpfulness on this forum, if anyone wants to really know I guess they can PM me or "search".
Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 PM
GiGGaplease

^^^agree, someone wants an answer they do not know, so just give it to them if you know it. no need to make unnecessary posts. i was looking for this answer earlier in the year but people keep telling me 2'' tips. i was like wtf, its got to be way bigger than 2''..4-5'' inches looks right.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:32 PM
solopresident
Premier Member

Like i care for internet respece. this **** passes my day at work. Im sorry i think that the forums are a joke. everyone is wound up so tight its just funny.

Keep it real

Quick Reply: Stock Exhaust Tip Size?