Vegan Life - MyG37

Notices
Home Cooking Off topic lounge to discuss home cooking.

Vegan Life

Old 07-05-2018, 03:05 PM
Slowg37x

Talking Vegan Life

Well, I am really bored at work right now and seen this thread. Anyone on here vegan or interested in the life? I've been vegan(vegetarian on the holidays ) for closer to a year now. I only have food that has been cooked w dairy products when there is no other option, can't starve myself. It's a completely different life. There is so much that changes once you stop eating meat or dairy. The best benefit weight reduction... LOL jk.
Old 07-08-2018, 11:55 PM
takemorepills

I sure wouldn't mind eating better, maybe "vegetarian"?

My vegan co-worker was hit by a car whilst riding his bicycle 5 years ago. He is still in a wheel chair. 4 years ago he improved to the point of being able to get up and about for a few minutes at a time before needing to get back into the wheelchair. 4 years later, he has progressed 0%. We all believe if he would have taken our advice 5 years ago: "give up on veganism until you get better" he'd be in much better condition today. I don't truly believe your omnivore body can heal properly after such trauma when you are a vegan.
The Following User Says Thank You to takemorepills For This Useful Post:
Slowg37x (07-09-2018)
Old 07-09-2018, 09:15 PM
Slowg37x

Originally Posted by takemorepills View Post
I sure wouldn't mind eating better, maybe "vegetarian"?

My vegan co-worker was hit by a car whilst riding his bicycle 5 years ago. He is still in a wheel chair. 4 years ago he improved to the point of being able to get up and about for a few minutes at a time before needing to get back into the wheelchair. 4 years later, he has progressed 0%. We all believe if he would have taken our advice 5 years ago: "give up on veganism until you get better" he'd be in much better condition today. I don't truly believe your omnivore body can heal properly after such trauma when you are a vegan.
wow, sorry to hear about that. I find it interesting that you think that eating meat would've helped with recovery. I feel as if meat isn't a necessity, but it definitely would not have hurt to give it a try. I can't lie I miss a good bacon cheeseburger or some fried chicken . the vegetarian option isn't bad either because there is a lot more options and if you like to go out to eat often or just in general you have more options. Nothing is worse than going out with friends and saying "Well, I can't eat anything of this so i'll have a water and french fries." lol. I feel as if since I switched my body has improved in several ways, for example: I lost close to 60lbs, skin cleared up a lot, my hair grows like crazy, I feel a lot better after I eat, plus I save some money on not going out to eat as much(limited options). I definitely encourage at least cutting out meat and diary, milk does nothing for you and the process of getting is absolutely disgusting. Let me know if you want some more info on the switch, I love talking about food.