Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Jot that down to my ignorance, makes perfect sense tho
Old 03-30-2017, 01:16 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by Nico-derm
The bigger issue I see is all the scratches and marks near the volume controls, I would hope that the cores are in better shape then that... I would also assume that the appropriate core would be used for the model year requested.
Who cares about all that? You're gonna swap your controls over anyways. Other places charge more than this WITHOUT a core. And if you pay attention to even some OEM flat-bottom wheels, you'll see that the symmetry is slightly off.

Quality of the leather is great, black matches the interior perfectly.
Old 03-30-2017, 01:17 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

The bigger issue I see is all the scratches and marks near the volume controls, I would hope that the cores are in better shape then that... I would also assume that the appropriate core would be used for the model year requested.
Who cares about all that? You're gonna swap your controls over anyways. Other places charge more than this WITHOUT a core. And if you pay attention to even some OEM flat-bottom wheels, you'll see that the symmetry is slightly off.

Quality of the leather is great, black matches the interior perfectly.
Old 03-30-2017, 02:01 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

+1 ^^^ Not thinking it all through, as i stated above "Jot that down to my ignorance". I was in no way bashing their work, I am in conversation with Jack about getting one.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:56 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Trying to decide on stitching colour, white and black car with Red accents... thinking red/white stitching but would be curious to know how white holds up. Also, looking at shift boot/armrest and would probably want to keep the stitch theme consistent.... not sure how to go about it.

Opinions encouraged
Old 03-30-2017, 05:02 PM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Trying to decide on stitching colour, white and black car with Red accents... thinking red/white stitching but would be curious to know how white holds up. Also, looking at shift boot/armrest and would probably want to keep the stitch theme consistent.... not sure how to go about it.

Opinions encouraged
Im in the same dilemma. I don't want the white stitching to get dirty over time.
Old 03-30-2017, 09:22 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

It isn't that I drive the car with filthy hands, but white will inevitably discolor over time I would imagine

Maybe Jack can chime in with real hand experience?!
Old 04-03-2017, 02:38 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Guys, let me show you the real hand experience using my own daily driver as the example. The steering wheel is wrapped in Nappa leather and stitched with medium blue and light grey threads

Here's the photo taken in Oct. 2013 right after nstalling rewrapped wheel in the car:

And here are the photos taken today, after approx. 30k miles:

I believe this clarifies color resistance a bit :-)

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 04-04-2017, 04:01 PM
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Received 399 Likes on 330 Posts
I'd have to agree with Jack on the threads resistance to dirt if a quality thread material is used. I've actually had a Nardi steering wheel with light grey stitching installed in my Porsche for over 10 years and it doesn't show a bit of color change from when I originally installed it. Also, the center console and shift boot were supplied by Jack with matching light grey stitching and those pieces have also help up perfectly over the years.
Old 04-09-2017, 04:55 AM
andylegend

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I'd like to see some stone interior/trim matching steering wheels if you got any!
Old 08-15-2017, 01:51 PM
taste1h

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread folks but I ordered the flat bottom custom steering wheel from RedLine Goods for my '13 G Coupe, on July 6th, 2017. Since then I have not heard a status on my order, estimate shipping date etc. I sent emails to their support + tried calling them directly but have not received a reply or a call back....

Has anyone else had this experience or can direct me to someone who can give me an update on my order?
Old 08-16-2017, 04:56 AM
RedlineGoods
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
I apologize for commucation delay - we had a scheduled 3-week maintenance break and I personally was also on a 2-week vacation. Just got back to work and trying to catch up with everything that happened in the meantime.

Please either message me here on the forum or email me directly at jack(at)redlinegoods(dot)com and I will respond within no more than one working day.

Take care

Jack
RedlineGoods Team
Old 08-16-2017, 03:45 PM
taste1h

PM sent - let me know
Old 08-30-2017, 10:50 PM
taste1h

What is the update on my order now? I was told last Friday (Aug 25) the wheel would be shipped...and its about to be a week past that and I haven't heard anything?

Its been almost 2 months since I placed my order...
Old 08-31-2017, 09:06 AM
Ryne
The Steering Wheel Guy

Received 558 Likes on 390 Posts
Originally Posted by taste1h
What is the update on my order now? I was told last Friday (Aug 25) the wheel would be shipped...and its about to be a week past that and I haven't heard anything?

Its been almost 2 months since I placed my order...
That sucks, I'm sorry you are going through all this drama. Hopefully they come through soon.

Anyone who is looking for a quick and reliable source for a rewrapped wheel, send me a PM. No down time.

Examples --->https://www.myg37.com/forums/body-in...e-by-ryne.html

Last edited by Ryne; 09-04-2017 at 08:02 PM.
The following users liked this post:
taste1h (08-31-2017)

Quick Reply: GB Redline Goods Custom Steering Wheels