MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions-315/)
-   -   2013 G37x Coupe Jerks Into Gear (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions/291356-2013-g37x-coupe-jerks-into-gear.html)

hirowvvi 01-14-2019 07:31 AM

2013 G37x Coupe Jerks Into Gear

Greetings,

I am here because about two weeks ago I bought a used 2013 G37x Coupe and I have noticed a problem.

Sometimes while driving and coming to a complete stop after accelerating the car physically "jerks" into gear.. After being stopped at a stop light or something I will lightly hit the gas and once in a while the car pauses for a second while the RPMs go up then it jerks into gear and drives. This does not happen all the time, but enough to where I see this is a problem. I almost got into an accident one time, because as I was pulling in front of traffic to cross the road, I hit the gas and the car paused for a second in the middle of oncoming traffic then took off, the traction control light also came on for a second while that happened.

I have tried driving in DS and D and this happens in both modes, worse and more often in DS... I usually drive just in D, because it's smother, but this still happens quite a bit. The pause and jerking motion is sometimes lighter and not as noticeable and sometimes very bad pause and giant jerk into gear which is embarrassing if I have someone in the car with me.. The car has 88k miles on it and still has a warranty from the dealer. I'm bringing it in sometime this week for them to check it out, but I am worried they won't see the problem as this only happens sometimes and it took me a week to notice the problem after buying the car. Anyone know what this might be, or what I can tell the dealer other then what I have said above? Thank you.

Bostonreefer 01-14-2019 08:23 AM

Ha!!! SOOOOOOO Many Post about this seems like the number one complaint about this car Surprised Nissan Never did anything about it.
Called Throttle lag Do A search on that term followed by "myg37" and you will find plenty of information on the subject!!

hirowvvi 01-14-2019 08:53 AM

Originally Posted by Bostonreefer (Post 4227866)
Ha!!! SOOOOOOO Many Post about this seems like the number one complaint about this car Surprised Nissan Never did anything about it.
Called Throttle lag Do A search on that term followed by "myg37" and you will find plenty of information on the subject!!

Not good.. I now have major buyer remorse for this car.. It drove great on the test drive, but now... not so much...

I have asked them to take the car back, of course they wont. I am dropping the car off today and will hope they can fix it somehow, but I have a feeling nothing will get done and they will say it's my driving. Which it's not. Pulling out in front of traffic and the car having throttle lag is dangerous.. Need to figure out what options I have if they don't fix the issue. Don't want to be making payments on this car that drives like crap.

hirowvvi 01-14-2019 11:55 AM

Took the car to the dealership and drove with a tech. The problem happened twice while I was driving with him and he confirmed the problem. Left the car with them. Let's see what they find.

Deet2327 02-11-2021 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by hirowvvi (Post 4227904)
Took the car to the dealership and drove with a tech. The problem happened twice while I was driving with him and he confirmed the problem. Left the car with them. Let's see what they find.

Good morning. Just ran across your post. I’ve been having the same exact issue as you. When I go to work in the morning l...if Instop and then accelerate my rom’s rev way up like it’s in neutral and then grabs and damn near breaks my neck. I’ve had all major fluid services done including trans fluid. Got 135k. Ready to trade it in. It’s literally a safety hazard. Seems like once it warms up it’s a lot better. Did you ever find a resolution? Thanks

hirowvvi 02-11-2021 12:59 PM

Originally Posted by Deet2327 (Post 4290394)
Good morning. Just ran across your post. I’ve been having the same exact issue as you. When I go to work in the morning l...if Instop and then accelerate my rom’s rev way up like it’s in neutral and then grabs and damn near breaks my neck. I’ve had all major fluid services done including trans fluid. Got 135k. Ready to trade it in. It’s literally a safety hazard. Seems like once it warms up it’s a lot better. Did you ever find a resolution? Thanks

Yup, a new transmission...