General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Vibration that seems to move around

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2018, 10:10 AM
JonR
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vibration that seems to move around

Hey All,
Let me say that yes I have used the search tool and I have an informed opinion of what the possible issues are. I would like a second option from you guys in case I've over looked something.

New g37 owner here. 2013 Sedan AWD ~87K miles, stock rims. Had it for about 2 months and very pleased.
The Dealership replaced the tires, driver side wheel bearing, back rotors and pads before I bought it. (I'm assuming an alignment as well)

When I take on the highway and can get it up to ~70mph. The first thing I've noticed is that sometimes while getting to speed from the on ramp the car sometimes has a shimmy in the steering wheel and I can feel it in the car, like the front end wants to dance on me (not to the point where I have be worried, but it's there), which will smooth out about a mile down the road.
The other thing which might be a separate issue is that sometimes.... not all the time, I could have a shimmy at about ~70, that will be in the steering wheel or in the seat. It's never consistent and sometimes it's not there at all. If i'm at 60 or 80 it smooths out. Any thoughts?
Old 12-22-2018, 10:22 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Sounds like a tire balance issue to me.