MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions-315/)
-   -   Weird acceleration problem with 2013 G37X (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions/289858-weird-acceleration-problem-with-2013-g37x.html)

Shawnofthesun 09-07-2018 05:54 PM

Weird acceleration problem with 2013 G37X

Has anyone ever experience acceleration in “stages”? My car doesn’t have a smooth, linear increase in HP and torque with rpm increase. It feels like it’s held back until like 3000 rpm and then “releases” but not all the way, and then at about 5-6k rpm it releases again. In addition the actual speed is never where I expect it to be for the given rpm and amount of throttle. It’s a 2013 g37x with 47000 miles. Does not feel like any slipping is going on in the transmission though. I know what that feels like.

I did have a brake caliper replaced because it seized, infinity replaced it and the pads/rotor and also replaced front rotors and pads. I don’t believe they replaced the left rear caliper.

what I’m wondering is, is it likely I have another stuck caliper? The wheel isn’t getting any hotter that I’ve noticed on that side, but I’ve had acceleration issues due to the seized caliper on the right and that was before I noticed any extra heat.

So im perplexed as the one replaced caliper didn’t fix this problem, the brakes feel fine overall. Is it more likely for you to have a second seized caliper if you already had one? Or could it be the parking brake or brake lines? Or even the transmission?

I dont know if its in it’s in my head or not but the issue seems more apparent after I’ve used the parking brake. Maybe it isn’t releasing? It just feels like the car is being held back, like I’m tethered to something then it breaks and the car takes off.

i bought the car January of ‘17 with 12000 miles on it, so it must have sat a lot, so maybe the whole brake system is damaged from that? In addition to the seized caliper I did have corroded slide pins on the passenger side caliper.

This car, when it’s right, feels amazing, and before the caliper was replaced I did notice at times it seemed to completely release and it felt like an extra 100 HP, but it would go back within a few days. Recently though, I’m getting no times where the car feels like it’s fully free to unleash.

When its acting up it also also feels kind of “heavy” if that makes sense .

i appreciate any advice as I’m taking it in to infinity for about the tenth time in regards to this.

I have had a few Nissans and it seems they always have stuck calipers. My 2007 g35 went through two and my Nissan Titan kept warping rotors. It’s seems the only problems I have with these cars are brake related.

I am also not hard on the brakes and do mostly highway driving.

Shawnofthesun 09-07-2018 06:00 PM

Also, I have noticed one other thing

i have noticed that I hear the exhaust more almost directly under the drivers seat when under hard acceleration. Could back pressure or lack thereof cause something like this? What do I ask the dealership to do as far as checking that?