MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions-315/)
-   -   Help G37 feels like stalling when turning. Losing power. (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions/289353-g37-feels-like-stalling-when-turning-losing-power.html)

Markx 07-31-2018 12:04 PM

G37 feels like stalling when turning. Losing power.

Hey guys,

i have a really bad problem. I own an automatic Infiniti G37x 2013. Lately I been having a problem when I make a left or right turn, my car jerks and the rpm goes up and down. Feels like a manual going to stall but it’s begging to push power. I took it to a dealer (Infiniti Of Bayside in NYC) and they checked everything and said it was the fuel pump being low pressure. So they changed that under bumper to bumper warranty I had and for extra backup. I cleaned the MAF sensors and the throttle bodies. I did the idle relearn and it was fine up to a week. Now yesterday as I’m driving the work. The car did the same thing to me as I’m turning however it wasn’t as bad as before but you can still feel it. I haven’t done any mods to my car other than new brakes and rotors, sound system (new amp and subwoofer), new OEM battery from the dealer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

slartibartfast 07-31-2018 01:05 PM

Does this occur the entire time the steering wheel is turned or only while you're actually turning the steering wheel?

Markx 07-31-2018 01:21 PM

It happens randomly by the way. Forgot to mention that but when I turn the steering wheel and press on the gas a little bit. It starts doing that but when I turn the wheel straight, it doesn’t do it anymore but it takes a couple of seconds to pick up speed. It doesn’t happen every time I make a turn though.

johnnychobani 07-31-2018 02:26 PM

Has this issue occurred before you installed the sub and amp?

Markx 07-31-2018 06:34 PM

No. It happened after I changed my brakes but I had dealer done them.

CF4714 08-08-2018 03:42 PM

Any mods done?

telcoman 08-08-2018 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Markx (Post 4209028)
Hey guys,

i have a really bad problem. I own an automatic Infiniti G37x 2013. Lately I been having a problem when I make a left or right turn, my car jerks and the rpm goes up and down. Feels like a manual going to stall but it’s begging to push power. I took it to a dealer (Infiniti Of Bayside in NYC) and they checked everything and said it was the fuel pump being low pressure. So they changed that under bumper to bumper warranty I had and for extra backup. I cleaned the MAF sensors and the throttle bodies. I did the idle relearn and it was fine up to a week. Now yesterday as I’m driving the work. The car did the same thing to me as I’m turning however it wasn’t as bad as before but you can still feel it. I haven’t done any mods to my car other than new brakes and rotors, sound system (new amp and subwoofer), new OEM battery from the dealer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Why didn't you immediately return to the dealer?
Temporarily disconnect your amp and see if that makes a difference?

Telcoman

Markx 08-08-2018 10:17 PM

I did but they said everything was fine when they test drove it. I tried disconnecting the amp but no luck