General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

HELP MY 2012 Infiniti g37xs coupe wont start

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2018, 12:49 AM
Omfit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP MY 2012 Infiniti g37xs coupe wont start

so I had this issue today I drove my car to the gym fine and when I went to start my car to leave it would not turn on. The break pedal was stiff and so was the steering wheel. I tried jump strting it and it still didn’t work. Also all the electronics work, socdoes the break light when pushed hard enough. When I put ah the break pedal really hard (since it feels locked) the key light goes away and I am able to push the start button, but it does one click and still dOSNT turn on. Does anyone know what’s going on. I’ve look at many threads but nothing like my situation here.
Old 07-24-2018, 01:51 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
A) check your battery to be sure the cables are firmly bolted to it.
B) check the battery for a shorted or open cell.
C) have your alternator checked
We'll proceed from there. Sorry your first post has to be a plea for help.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:11 AM
Omfit

Yes it definitely was I had to leave my car at the gym hopefully it dOSNT get towed. Do you think it’s the battery, someone was telling me it was some kind of sensor. But do you think the problem occurred because I accidentally left the wind shield wipers on when turning off the car, because it was half way up when I got back to my car, and that’s when the problem had occurred. But I’ll deffinelty check those things in the morning.
Old 07-24-2018, 04:19 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Leaving your wipers on when shutting off the car does nothing except cause a slightly higher load on the battery when starting. Have done it many times myself.

Until you can get the car started so it will display any warnings or codes, we can't really help. Check out the battery.
Old 07-24-2018, 10:12 PM
Omfit

Ok so I went today back to the gym where my car was parked and first checked the battery and all the fuses was intact, so I decided to just try and turn it on, at first it hesitated to turn on but a second later the car had magically turned on and has been working fine. I can remember when it was really cold it did the same thing, maybe because it was wet and rained hard was the issue? Hopefully it dOSNT occur again.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:01 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Better have the battery checked. Assuming you're in the U.S., any autoparts store will do it.
Old 07-25-2018, 12:48 AM
Omfit

That does sound like a good idea just to double check, thank you so much for even replying and helping, it means a lot.