Throttle lag - MyG37

General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Throttle lag

Old 12-29-2017, 08:47 AM   #1
Crusher103

Throttle lag

Ok so i have searched up and down for a fix to this issue i cannot find one. And please spare me the "buy uprev/ecutek". This is a malfunction somewhere in the car.

But at completely random times my throttle becomes almost completely unresponsive. To me it is dangerous especially when trying to pull out and make a left, and the throttle does not respond to my inputs. My car is a 6spd so i have stalling issue to worry about. Not to mention its hard on my clutch and makes the car very difficult to drive. So i do not know if this helps narrow it down but when i come to a light the idle dips to 400-500rpm for a second or two then pops back up to 800rpm. It will also idle surge at times, just suddenly at idle rev to 2000rpm like i have blipped the throttles. I have a feeling this issue are related. While i do plan on getting either ecutek or uprev in the future. i would like to fix whatever is causing this. I've driven G37s that do not do this, so what is going on with mine?

Help?
Crusher103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2017, 12:32 PM   #2
RMB5190

To confirm, you've not had any service engine lights pop on when the issue began? If not, I'd still plug a OBDII to it to check for any stored codes. Any modifications done recently? Give the idle re-learn procedure a shot.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:32 PM   #3
Crusher103

Sorry for the "delayed" response but i did just check the codes, and it is all clear. No modification done just maintenance items (air filter, oil, etc). But it is progressively getting worse. So what is now happening is when i request for more power, there is a delay for a second then the engine responds. There is also a hesitation/stutter. It does not sound or feel like a miss of any kind. My next maintenance item is those spark plugs, i think OE plugs are still in the thing. I'll try the relearn procedure this weekend i'll take the car to one of my friend's shops and see what we can figure out.
Crusher103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 07:40 PM   #4
Calg37USMC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusher103 View Post
Sorry for the "delayed" response but i did just check the codes, and it is all clear. No modification done just maintenance items (air filter, oil, etc). But it is progressively getting worse. So what is now happening is when i request for more power, there is a delay for a second then the engine responds. There is also a hesitation/stutter. It does not sound or feel like a miss of any kind. My next maintenance item is those spark plugs, i think OE plugs are still in the thing. I'll try the relearn procedure this weekend i'll take the car to one of my friend's shops and see what we can figure out.
I would try a TB relearn first then chime in back with us. Filters are good Iím assuming right?
Calg37USMC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:26 PM   #5
slartibartfast

Are you confusing throttle lag with the transmission's reluctance to down-shift?
slartibartfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 04:44 PM   #6
RMB5190

Well, this car is notorious for having a delayed throttle response. Best thing you can do it keep the throttle bodies cleaned, grounding kit and Idle re-learn. Highly doubt there's an issue with the plugs but you're more than welcome to check them or upgrade to GT-R plugs.
RMB5190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 12:12 AM   #7
CF4714

I'm having this same exact issue and can't figure out what's causing it. I have an intake and exhaust installed but it's odd when it happens, if I park and turn the car off and wait a minute, it'll work like nothing happened. It's almost like limp mode without the codes and speed limiter.
CF4714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2018, 03:57 AM   #8
Kpmikey808

I had something similar like this in my maxima I had before-
Speed sensor was the culprit
Kpmikey808 is offline   Reply With Quote