General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help 2011 G37x - No Start condition

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 10:26 PM
Gspeedx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G37x - No Start condition

I need help on my car. I've got a 2011 g37x 3.7. three weeks ago I was driving home and the car straight up died. Electrical works, but the engine won't start. I took it to the dealer and they said it "could" be a intake cam sprocket, with chain damage and it was 6 grand just to look into it with possibly needing a new engine for 13 grand. There is no pinging, knocking or obvious noises when cranking. Also, the cylinders have good compression.

My mechanic tested everything from the power to the pump, to having fuel at the rail.. all fuses check out also.

Lastly, he says that there is no ground on the fuel injectors and that is the primary reason for the no start.

Does anyone know where to start with diagnosing a no-ground no start symptom or perhaps have had experienced this in the past? We are stumped. I have the factory manual for the vehicle.

Any​ help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI we recently changed the battery. And there is enough engine oil in the vehicle. Cam & crank sensors are new and OEM.

Last edited by Gspeedx; 08-17-2017 at 10:39 PM.
Old 08-18-2017, 01:27 AM
crookncastle
Registered Member

Received 66 Likes on 62 Posts
fuel injectors should be grounded by the pcm. did your tech check the injectors with a noid light? if you have the manual can't he find the page to the electrical portion of it to see how the circuit for the injectors are set up?
Old 08-18-2017, 02:42 PM
telcoman
Registered Member

Received 161 Likes on 139 Posts
Originally Posted by Gspeedx
I need help on my car. I've got a 2011 g37x 3.7. three weeks ago I was driving home and the car straight up died. Electrical works, but the engine won't start. I took it to the dealer and they said it "could" be a intake cam sprocket, with chain damage and it was 6 grand just to look into it with possibly needing a new engine for 13 grand. There is no pinging, knocking or obvious noises when cranking. Also, the cylinders have good compression.

My mechanic tested everything from the power to the pump, to having fuel at the rail.. all fuses check out also.

Lastly, he says that there is no ground on the fuel injectors and that is the primary reason for the no start.

Does anyone know where to start with diagnosing a no-ground no start symptom or perhaps have had experienced this in the past? We are stumped. I have the factory manual for the vehicle.

Any​ help would be greatly appreciated.

FYI we recently changed the battery. And there is enough engine oil in the vehicle. Cam & crank sensors are new and OEM.
Did you read chapter EC?

Factory Service Manuals - NICO Club

EC-53

Possible ECM or harness wiring problem.

A consult lll should be able to pin it down?

As far as the dealer quoting you those prices they obviously do not want to get involved. Perhaps you made a bad impression at that dealer.
Find another dealer and get a second opinion.

Good luck

Telcoman