General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help What Infiniti or Nissan vehicle uses a longer tow hook? Need for IPL bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2017, 02:51 PM
johnadlertech

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What Infiniti or Nissan vehicle uses a longer tow hook? Need for IPL bumper

I Need a tow hook license plate mount that will fit the IPL bumper. As many of you know that bumper sticks out 2" farther then the standard or sport. I swapped bumpers now I need a longer extension shaft. I was able to rig my current one to work but its not a good idea to drive it long term on only a few threads in (solid now but don't trust it). I cant find any "Ebay" ones rated to fit the IPL bumper. And all the sellers are too lazy to measure other Infiniti or Nissan ones for me. Or I just get a generic response to just use the vehicle calculator, no help there. I am sure there is another car with the same bumper tow thread out there that has a longer length extension shaft. Total length needs to be around 9". I don't want to spend $80 or more on a fancy branded one. I could chop my current one up and frankenstein mod it to be longer. But thats time and work. Would rather just spend another $20-55 on a different one. Anyone have any solid leads? Would be appreciated.
Pictures show extension that fits G37 Coupe Regular and Sport bumper. Then my mod to sneak another 1 1/2" out of it to fit IPL bumper.
Attached Thumbnails What Infiniti or Nissan vehicle uses a longer tow hook?  Need for IPL bumper-fullsizerender.jpg   What Infiniti or Nissan vehicle uses a longer tow hook?  Need for IPL bumper-fullsizerender-1-.jpg  
Old 07-14-2017, 08:59 AM
johnadlertech

Really...? None of Nissan tech heads out there have any info??
Old 07-14-2017, 02:36 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
See if Home Depot or a hardware store near you has a 1/2'' X 9'' Galvanized pipe in electrical; kind like this:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Nipple-Pi...&wl13=&veh=sem

Going to have to Frankenstein it from there. Or, I got a cheap, thin platic one and double zipped it to my mesh. Extremely secure and clean

I imagine a lot of people withthe IPL bumper just fronted the cash for this though:

https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-cou...look-here.html
Old 07-14-2017, 03:46 PM
johnadlertech

thanks a lot. $90 is a lot, but my time to make one is not free either so might have to.
Old 07-17-2017, 08:25 AM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Yea, it's a bit pricey and putting one together isn't all that bad but the DIY requires some outside thinking. left a gap between the plate the metal backing which bothered me. tinkered with it for a bit until I went to the bracket above.
Old 07-28-2017, 08:03 PM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Check Amazon
Old 10-09-2017, 03:48 AM
Tjapkes_75

I also would be organizing the trade expo for our trade show displays, vehicle wrapping and signs service. We would also be displaying our custom wraps that we did previously for our clients. I am sure that we would get good response in this show.