General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Oil change necessities

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 11:41 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by GeezG37
Correct me if I'm wrong I believe the crush washer on the oil drain plug picture as shown faces down so it crushes against the oil pan.
Here's a thread that that pic came from, I've always done it that way but I doubt it really matters since under the proper torque the washer should be crushed in a consistent manner.
Crush Washer? - Nissan 370Z Forum

Here's a jack coupon, they have these often so I can get another later

http://widgets.harborfreight.com/wsw...21&single=true
The following users liked this post:
Kpmikey808 (08-02-2017)
Old 07-31-2017, 11:46 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Originally Posted by tank99
Anyone here have the Fumoto oil valve? Friend at work runs them on all of his cars and said they have been great. We have plenty of clearance to have them installed, and draining with a clear hose attached would be much easier.
FumotoŽ USA Quick and Easy Engine Oil Drain Valves
I use an EZ valve, which uses the same valve as the fumoto, but the nipple on the end is removable and can be replaced with a plastic threaded cap. I like being able to avoid the mess and spills. I put my waste oil container under the car, drop the hose in and flick the switch. No missing the drain pan. No droplets everywhere when it's windy. No spills transferring from the drain pan to whatever you transport your waste oil in. Leaves everything nice and clean so you can make a giant mess removing the filter
The following users liked this post:
Kpmikey808 (08-02-2017)
Old 08-01-2017, 10:38 AM
Landshark
Registered Member

Received 187 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Victory
Leaves everything nice and clean so you can make a giant mess removing the filter