General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

More steering angle turning left

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2017, 12:56 AM
Slideways88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
More steering angle turning left

I noticed the other day that i have noticeably more steering angle turning left than i do turning right. First sign of this is when i counted the number of turns each way on the steering wheel and seeing the orientation of the emblem on the wheel at full lock each way. Turning left the emblem is upsidedown and full lock turning right emblem is more at a 45 degree angle from straight up. Tierods are at equal length adjustment wise looking at the available exposed adjustment threads. Havent checked to see if both knuckles are hitting the steering stops on the lower control arm but i know atleast the left side is judging by the additional angle, ill have to look though.

Just wondering if theres an explanation for this and if anyone else has noticed or can even check on your own car if this is an exclusive issue
Old 04-26-2017, 05:39 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
Sounds like alignment is off did you have alignment done recently if they don't center and lock down the steering wheel while doing this it can move the wheel
Old 04-26-2017, 04:21 PM
Slideways88

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No recent alignments done i actually just bought the car a few months ago in its current condition. Im suspecting maybe the car has been hit before? im only guessing, but say i center the rack assuming that its off and leaving the tierods as is.. wouldnt my alignment be off now? And to correct toe alignment, have to adjust the tierods unequally a major amount. Im thinkingoff chance this is by design?
Old 04-27-2017, 05:33 AM
Surfnazi
Registered Member

Received 176 Likes on 165 Posts
It can be corrected assuming the rods or arms aren't damaged