General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Passenger Side Airbag Sensor

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2017, 09:16 PM
tbssimp

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Passenger Side Airbag Sensor

So I just wanted to share this story in case someone runs into the same issue maybe it will help. So my airbag light starts blinking. I read up a little on it and some say check the connections. I do this (it’s tough because there is no room under the seat in the coupe) and everything looks good. I reset the light (instructions are on this forum just search, it’s easy to find) the light turns off but after a few days of driving the damn thing comes back on.
I took it to Infiniti today and they said the senor is bad and they cannot just replace the senor…. Needs to replace the whole bottom part of the seat. $6,100 in parts and $7,200 total. I bought an extended warranty with the car and we (the infiniti rep and I) are on the phone with the third party warranty company at the same time as a manager at the dealership is talking with corp Infiniti. I asked them to see if Infiniti would cover it seeing as it is still in powertrain. The third party warranty said they will cover it and we start to open a claim when the infiniti manger comes in and says stop the claim Infiniti is going to cover it.

I don’t have to pay a deducible and don’t have to use the extended warranty on this issue. I was very happy with the outcome. The part is on back order and looks like I will be without my car for a bit but still worked out. I read some about a recall on an issue like this but really didn’t read too much into it seeing as Infiniti decided to cover it.
I just wanted to post this in case others run into the same situation it might help.

Car info 2012 G37S, 62K.