General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help 2011 G37s Coupe Window Help

Old 04-20-2017, 03:58 PM
apexCarlos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2011 G37s Coupe Window Help

The window in my 2011 G37s Coupe goes up and itgoes down just fine. The problem is if I only pull up the drivers side window, it'll go all the way up then slide down to a 3/4 ways up position. The only way the window stays up is if I hold the button up until it's all the way up. I already did the reset by holding both down then both up then holding for 10 seconds and it didn't do the trick. Any help? Do I need a new window motor?
Old 04-21-2017, 07:28 AM
13_SkylineSedan
Registered Member

Received 63 Likes on 62 Posts
Here's a quick vid of the steps of the reset procedure, which I think you should try again:
Note it's only the "auto-up" that needs the reset. It's your "anti-pinch" protection that needs to relearn where the top of the window frame is. It thinks it's hitting an obstruction and backs the window down a bit. The reset should fix that.
Old 07-01-2017, 05:43 AM
apexCarlos

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 13_SkylineSedan
Here's a quick vid of the steps of the reset procedure, which I think you should try again:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2oJE493cbw
Note it's only the "auto-up" that needs the reset. It's your "anti-pinch" protection that needs to relearn where the top of the window frame is. It thinks it's hitting an obstruction and backs the window down a bit. The reset should fix that.

Late reply, but thank you so much!

Search this Thread