General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

Help Confused on Transmission flush/drain and fill?

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2019, 05:12 PM
Musa01

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello Everyone, I hope you all g37 soldiers are doing great.
I have 2, 2013 infiniti g37's. The first one is a sport g37 with 45k miles. the second one is a journey package with 50k miles. both are 2013 and I am the second owner of both. and I bought both of them from the same guy which was the first owner of both of the cars. Now I have owned many cars outside of the infiniti field, the best experience and luck that I have had was with a 2007 Lexus IS350. to start with I have no issues at all with the sport g37 that I own, meanwhile In the journey I have a **** ton of laggy acceleration and a very rough engine idle. To make things clear I went to the dealer took both of the cars to them, I let them test drove both and they kept saying both are fine, and there are no issues with the journey. and when I drove the journey it drove exactly as the sport did well at least for a couple of hours, I pushed the car very heavily thanks to my heavy foot. what they did was reset the ECU, which i found out later on, the problem appeared again and I still have a very laggy acceleration, I cleaned the throthle bodies and the MAF sensors, that improved the issue quite significantly, with the experience I have with my other infinitis such as a 2008 g35 sport, or a 2011 g37 coupe, or the current 2013 Sport one the journey one isnt even quite near how strong the other ones run, even though all of them have the same amount of power I believe, I have done all sorts of stuff to the journey, such as clean the MAF sensors, Clean the Throttle bodies, Reset the ECU, and Drive it like I stole it, Or turn of the traction Control, although all of these factors did improve the issue, but my main issue is still there which is, my journey doesnt downshift when i accelerate this happens quite often is the 3rd gear, lets say I am cruising at 40mph and i press the gas all the way, it wont downshift to second gear to just takes off which is what my sport one does, it stay in 3rd or 4th and take off in that gear, this issue is mostly in 3rd gear, and the car is perfectly fine in higher speeds over 80mph. Does anyone know anything about it, No the dealer does not know anything about it because I have taken it into 3 different dealers all they do is reset the ECU which really changes the car into a beast and it drives like the sport one I have, but after a while it turns back into a grandma car, at times she is very confused not knowing what to do. speed up all the way or speed up a little bit. If anyone can help me that would be great. sorry for my long paragraph Thanks in advance, Hopefully I hear your opinions
Old 09-30-2019, 09:42 PM
Joseph Marrolli

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2013 G37x Refill Plug

Does anyone know exactly how to uncrew the refill plug? I tried a 30t bit as well as 4.5 mm and 5mm hex bits. Nothing seems to fit that well and I don't get much of a grip. Any suggestions? Is it a t35 bit?

Originally Posted by blnewt