MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   General Tech Questions (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions-315/)
-   -   Replacing the Bezel Steering wheel Trim (https://www.myg37.com/forums/general-tech-questions/245264-replacing-the-bezel-steering-wheel-trim.html)

08G37SBLUE 03-20-2013 10:26 AM

Replacing the Bezel Steering wheel Trim

I found on multiple sites and ebay that they sell the revised trim piece for the tech package that suppose to not come off or at least not as easy.

Has anyone had the dealership switch this out? and for how much?

I was thinking about doing it myself. I read the diy for it.

I'm just little nervous about the air bag engaging or possible messing something up in the process. I do have experience removing radios, center consoles, etc. Just never the steering wheel ever with any of my cars.

Thanks

MYG376MT 03-20-2013 05:05 PM

You might want to double check if the part is actually revised. If you are looking on Ebay at Circle Infiniti, they are NOT classified as revised. I checked with them already. They are just replacements. One member purchased and the dealer charged half a hour of labor.

08G37SBLUE 03-20-2013 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by MYG376MT (Post 3603462)
You might want to double check if the part is actually revised. If you are looking on Ebay at Circle Infiniti, they are NOT classified as revised. I checked with them already. They are just replacements. One member purchased and the dealer charged half a hour of labor.

I checked with a couple Infiniti part sites Including the Circle Infiniti and they all said it's been revised. I'm not sure when that revision has been made or what they did exactly.

It's possible it could be the same part. Mines scratched up pretty badly. Rest of the car is in perfect condition.

I called the dealership and they said it would be a hours worth of labor. I also need program two fobs that got online as well as get a key for my wheel locks. Previous owner didn't have one. So I bought a new wheel lock set.

Ordering parts online is much cheaper.

J2S2M 03-20-2013 08:35 PM

IIRC if they're the trims for 09+ G's, then they are actually the revised ones.

Also for OP, the install for this is cake. I am a noob when it comes to DIY's but I followed the DIY carefully and it took me less than an hour the first time around. I've had to remove my steering wheel couple of times since, and now only takes me like 15 minutes tops.

Don't let the dealership charge you for something you can easily do yourself. GL :)

08G37SBLUE 03-20-2013 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by J2S2M (Post 3603550)
IIRC if they're the trims for 09+ G's, then they are actually the revised ones.

Also for OP, the install for this is cake. I am a noob when it comes to DIY's but I followed the DIY carefully and it took me less than an hour the first time around. I've had to remove my steering wheel couple of times since, and now only takes me like 15 minutes tops.

Don't let the dealership charge you for something you can easily do yourself. GL :)

Well I hope there different then what I have now. The guy said they were. Seems like they would only have the new ones.

Trust me I thought about it. I have done stuff like this before. Not steering wheel tho.

I would be pissed off if somehow airbag went off, or stripped the bolts/screws, steering wheel not lined up, broke a clip. Just to much possible things can happen. I rather not chance it and let the dealership be responsible for it. Most things I would do myself.

XIS 05-06-2013 03:35 PM

a very easy mod.

also, the new bezels are different. My original bezel was painted black over a greyish plastic. The new bezels appear to be black plastic with no paint. I wrapped the new one in carbon fiber and have an extra one to wrap and sell to a lucky individual that doesn't want to mess with wrapping it.

Gooniej12 05-06-2013 11:27 PM

I had the steering while bezel trim replaced and the dealer charged me 1 hour of labor. I was nervous with the air bag, so i elected to go to the stealership. I bought the piece separately from a vendor on one of these g35/37 sites.

Habsfan85 05-07-2013 07:30 AM

I also purchased the newer trim online from Orderinfinitiparts. Bought 2 just in case I want to replace it again later or wrap one. I think the total with shipping was like 22 bucks. Credit to a member of another forum for finding the Part # below:

Part #: Nissan 48463-JK07A LIDSTEERING,RH - Black (both cruise-control and Navi/Bluetooth hole)

I also went the dealership route and they charged me one hour at the Warranty rate of $88 an hour. Looks a million times better than the older "painted" rubbery trim that peels so easily. The trim I bought is absolutely the revised trim with he hard, plastic coating.

Hope that helps!