General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2011, 01:59 PM
Black Betty
Lexus Defector

Received 2,087 Likes on 1,267 Posts
I think some of you guys are wrong. OP stated that he is out of warranty, so Infiniti will not fix it for free. Since he is paying out of pocket, Nissan will do the same work cheaper than an Infiniti dealer (about $20-25/hr cheaper). They techs have the same training. I have used both Infiniti and Nissan dealerships to do work to my car. It depends on the individual dealership as to who will "treat you better". For me it's been a Nissan dealership hands down. I pass by an Infiniti dealer with techs that seem to have limited knowledge or give a damn and go to a Nissan dealership where they treat me and my car just fine and do the same work for $25/hour less. Our team (all Infinitis) is sponsored by a Nissan dealership becasue none of the local Infiniti dealers would even consider it becasue they aren't into anything aftermarket. Our Nissan sponsor can get us any part we want (OEM or aftermarket), give us a good price, do quality work with certified master technicians, and have a passion for our cars. If you're paying $25/hour more for out of warranty service becasue the sign out front says Infiniti and not Nissan when the techs are trained the same, you must be made of money.
Old 12-09-2017, 03:15 PM
fret66

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Run Around

Originally Posted by g37stexasusa
ITB10-010b

I live away from Infiniti Dealer where I bought my 2008 G37S Coupe.

For last 2 months(I drive a short distance to commute), my battery ran out 6 to 8 times.

I changed my battery new one(even though it was fine), but it didn't solve. I changed that battery again to another one because diagnostic test for battery came out low. But over the christmas weekend it happened again, I called "jump start service" twice(friday and today).

Today I dropped my car at local Nissan dealership. In the evening a guy called me and told me a technician checked out and they didn't find a battery drain. They asked to leave a car one more day so they can find it.

So I asked them a cost if I request change of VCV and reprograming of ECM without finding abnormality. He told me the cost will be around 375~400$.

Hope my car doesn't start tomorrrow morning so they can find something.

My driving habit hasn't changed. With my previous car(mercedes c300), I didn't have this issue at all and I was happy.

I changed to G37S(I was really attracted to) but now I am thinking maybe my idea was wrong. I should have sticked to Mercedes model.

I called the dealership where I bought, and I talked with a service guy, he told me he hasn't heard of this battery drain of VCV in G37S.

I have to believe him, that dealership is in muti-million city, and no experience of this issue??.

Are cases I saw in the internet all happending in a different part of the world?

On the way back to my work after leave my care there, a driver, he said,"Are you the same guy living there?", I told him no and asked him why?

He told me weeks ago, he drove a guy driving G37S with battery problem, too. He thought I am that guy. He also said lots of other cars(nissan) coming to a service with battery issue. He is never gonna buy nissan/infiniti.

Maybe he's right. I am not going to buy another infiniti for now. Really disappointing.

Even a tech at infiniti in big town, he said he hasn't known this issue.

Q1 ; Are they able to find out battery drin from VCV by a diagnostic test? How do they find out?

Q2 ; Does it ususally cost 375~400$ if I pay out of pocket?
(My warranty recently out and I have a private extended warranty)
The guys over at Nissan/Infiniti are giving you the runaround.
I had the same issue with my 2008 g37s. After several attempts and diagnostic charges the dealers found nothing.
I called the Nissan Corporation and explained my issue. My warrantee had expired by this time.
I asked the woman on the phone to look under these types of forums for herself so she could see just ho many complaints have been reported.
When she did she was surprised for herself! She ended up giving me a file number then I made an appointment and the dealer replaced the vcv valve under (good faith) which was supposed to fix the issue.
Here it is 2017 and yet again i'm buying another battery! For those of you who believe a bigger more powerful battery is the fix I say don't waste your money. The problem is somewhere in the vehicle.
I believe this is a recall issue and am surprised no one has done so. I have seen the logs and I know for a fact the dealer is aware of this problem.
Will I ever buy another Infiniti? A resounding HELL NO!!! I drive my Hyundai around with NO PROBLEMS what's so ever!