General Tech Questions Scheduled maintenance, Tune-ups Oil changes, service bulletins and other FAQs for the G37

DIY Auto Transmission Fluid change??? Can't find

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2019, 01:22 PM
Kuro G37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Fire0nIc3
No the dealer didn't tell me that. Everyone knows that technically speaking the lifetime is considered 10 years/120K miles. This whole lifetime maintenance free transmission fluid thing is nothing new. BMW has been using this scam for years too and now Infiniti is. Do you really think transmission fluid will last the lifetime of the car? No ofcoarse not. Nothing is made to last forever.

You don't have to listen to me though. By the time your nearing like 90K to 100K miles and your tranny starts slipping and breaking down, don't be wondering why it's doing that lol. By that time it will be too late and you won't be able to change the transmission fluid at all because the transmission will lock up.

I can tell you right now though that a transmission fluid change is like $330. Nissan Matic S fluid costs like $12 a quart. I'd say have it changed like at 50K miles.
I don't know if you're still on here, but by answering the previous poster's question with "Everyone knows..." is NOT actually answering their question. You didn't provide a source, not that I'm saying you're wrong, but you didn't give an adequate response in my opinion. If you quote a trusted site or honest mechanic saying that, that's far more believable. Too many people claim that second hand info about car maintenance or whatever it is, is fact when they have no source of knowledge to back that claim up.

Anyway, I would think that never having to change transmission fluid does sound skeptical, and having it changed eventually should be on your future to-do list. Another thing I dont agree with you so adamantly stating, is how your tranny is going to start slipping and ****ting out by 90k or 100k miles, because that's BS. I'm at 116,000 miles in my G37x, never had the tranny oil swapped out and I have 0 transmission problems. Just felt I were making several overly bold claims, as if they were facts.
Old 06-16-2019, 01:26 PM
Kuro G37
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Eddie Ex
Couldnt be more nicely put.
And thx
Exactly right, and I set his condescending *** straight in the previous comment to this.