Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What’s next? Need recommendations

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2019, 08:00 PM
Kstebbins02
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I have a 2011 Infiniti g37xs equipped with Berk HFC, Top Speed y-back exhaust, and a Takeda long tube Intake. Plan on doing a UpRev tune at the end of the month. Before I tune it what else would be worth doing?

Last edited by Rochester; 03-19-2019 at 08:04 AM. Reason: type-o and stuff
Old 03-19-2019, 07:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Cleaned up.

Saywat... obviously it was a type-o. Don't be obtuse.
Slarti... please don't provoke the noobs with Grammar **** crankiness. But if you do, at least help, too.
Kstebbins02... next time you go off on a moderator will be the last time, capiche? This isn't a democracy, son.

Cats, catback and long tube-intake... those are the pre-tune basic bolt-ons. Go for it, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.

Last edited by Rochester; 03-19-2019 at 08:29 AM.
Old 03-19-2019, 09:38 AM
Kstebbins02
Registered Member

Well my apologies. Did not know he was a moderator just wanted some help and ideas. Would you recommend doing headers or are they not worth doing. Also if you have a preference for which coil overs you’d go with
Old 03-19-2019, 09:46 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by Kstebbins02
Well my apologies. Did not know he was a moderator just wanted some help and ideas. Would you recommend doing headers or are they not worth doing. Also if you have a preference for which coil overs you’d go with

Thanks. We're good.

Moderator screen names are blue, and there's a little "staff" badge under them.

My recommendation? Well, you already have headers as your OEM exhaust manifolds. There are aftermarket headers out there that will net you more top-end HP, particularly tuned. But I'm not personally interested. I've always thought you look to the curve for bragging rights, but driving fun is under the curve. Take that with a grain of salt, because there are all kinds of valid opinions on the same topic.

I can't advise about CO's for the AWD Sedan, but you know it's been discussed ad nauseum. If all you're looking for is a mild drop and a slightly more sensitive ride, Swift Springs will get you there without a lot of fuss.
Old 03-19-2019, 12:27 PM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Cleaned up.

Saywat... obviously it was a type-o. Don't be obtuse.
Slarti... please don't provoke the noobs with Grammar **** crankiness. But if you do, at least help, too.
Kstebbins02... next time you go off on a moderator will be the last time, capiche? This isn't a democracy, son.

Cats, catback and long tube-intake... those are the pre-tune basic bolt-ons. Go for it, I'm sure you'll be happy with the results.
Though I have nothing to add to this thread, it's obvious my absence has caused me to miss a heated post off! Rochester laying the hammer down I see.

I haven't gotten to the power mods yet, but I will definitely agree that if you're looking for the most drivable mods, Rochester is correct. Headers are nice to say you have unless you are doing some serious power addition such as forced induction.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:04 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
I was in the same position as you and since I don't plan on going with a turbo/supercharger the only other additions I was considering were headers (although I've read they are a bitch with AWD and most won't work) and manifold (Z1 or Motordyne) but the benefits didn't outweigh the cost IMHO so that's up to you. I stuck with CAI, HFC, and catback then got a tune and I'm happy with the result.
Old 03-19-2019, 01:13 PM
Kstebbins02
Registered Member

I thank you all who have responded. I know most of this have been discussed throughout the forums and I don’t post much but I do look around and it seems a lot of people have preferences to their own set up and modifications. Lots of reading and threads to go through
Old 03-19-2019, 06:08 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
For coil-overs, look in the Tech/Suspension & Brakes forum. There is a stickied thread with a short list of the available AWD coil-overs. In a general sense, higher price = higher quality. I have never laid eyes on them, but the Feals draw my eye as they're made in Canadia. I think there is a set for for sale in the site's Classifieds forum

Last edited by slartibartfast; 03-20-2019 at 01:08 AM.
Old 03-22-2019, 03:04 PM
saywat?
Registered Member

Received 276 Likes on 238 Posts
never knew that was a place called ontario, california. but feal seems interesting that they get parts from taiwan and custom hand assemble for customers?

Old 03-22-2019, 04:08 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by saywat?
never knew that was a place called ontario, california. but feal seems interesting that they get parts from taiwan and custom hand assemble for customers?

NASIOC

how I don’t miss the Subaru world.
Old 03-22-2019, 06:42 PM
ninja_please80
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Corprin

NASIOC

how I don’t miss the Subaru world.
Long time nasioc member here and i couldn't agree with you more. The level of **** rage and arrogance on that site is something to behold. lol
Old 03-22-2019, 07:25 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by ninja_please80
Long time nasioc member here and i couldn't agree with you more. The level of **** rage and arrogance on that site is something to behold. lol
**** rage? Wow.