Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Airbag light flashing, can’t reset pulled code b1015

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2019, 11:51 PM
Mpotros

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Airbag light flashing, can’t reset pulled code b1015

2012 g37x: This happened after my battery died and I tried to jump start the car unsuccessfully. Had the battery replaced under battery warranty at pep boys and then I notice the airbag light is flashing. 1 long, 7 short. I took the car back to pepboys the next day and they ran the codes on it and got a current code for b1015. Anyone else have a similar expierence or know of this issue? I tried to reset using the on off 3x procedure and pep boys tried as well unsuccessfully.

I tried searching these forums with no luck.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:56 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Google knows everythng.
Old 02-20-2019, 11:59 PM
Mpotros

Have researched on google, all I see is the reset procedure . But like I said that didn’t work to reset this and it pulled a code
Old 02-21-2019, 12:02 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Old 02-21-2019, 12:30 AM
Mpotros

Thanks . What’s interesting is all 3 links point to a different issue even though it’s the same code. (Ignoring 2nd link as my issue is not related to air conditioning). But how can the same code have 3 different meanings depending on the site ?

First link points to faulty diagnostic sensor unit. Which maybe the case if it shorted or something when trying to jump start the car? Is that’s even possible ...

The last link points to check battery interrupt wiring and fuses, which would make more sense b/c my issue did start after the car sat with a drained battery for a couple days until I could get it jumped, and the airbag light seemed to start right after the car got jumped and the battery was replaced . I don’t have any idea where the battery interrupt is , but maybe that’s a place to start
Old 02-21-2019, 09:38 AM
Mpotros

If anyone has had this issue before after a battery swap or at all, would appreciate feedback on how it was resolved . I’m also stumped that the obd links above give a few different reasons, don’t the obd codes usually point to a specific issue?
Old 02-21-2019, 12:30 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Mpotros
If anyone has had this issue before after a battery swap or at all, would appreciate feedback on how it was resolved . I’m also stumped that the obd links above give a few different reasons, don’t the obd codes usually point to a specific issue?
Not really, OBD2 codes just give a predetermined code as an output from a sensor reading, most manufacturers try to have it correspond to a likely cause and some different sensors operate with different levels of independence from other systems so sometimes its easier to to find a likely cause, but the reality is that most systems and sensors can be affected by a number of factors and it depends o nthe overall circumstances...its kindof like a medical diagnosis where you can have a symptom like sneezing but it could be from allergies or a virus or infection or autoimmune deficiency etc.
Old 02-21-2019, 03:39 PM
qmantran
Registered Member

Received 181 Likes on 141 Posts
Thanks . What’s interesting is all 3 links point to a different issue even though it’s the same code. (Ignoring 2nd link as my issue is not related to air conditioning). But how can the same code have 3 different meanings depending on the site ?

First link points to faulty diagnostic sensor unit. Which maybe the case if it shorted or something when trying to jump start the car? Is that’s even possible ...

The last link points to check battery interrupt wiring and fuses, which would make more sense b/c my issue did start after the car sat with a drained battery for a couple days until I could get it jumped, and the airbag light seemed to start right after the car got jumped and the battery was replaced . I don’t have any idea where the battery interrupt is , but maybe that’s a place to start

Because one website lists a generic code description whereas the other one is manufacturer specific nissan description.

Go with the manufacturer specific code description.
Old 07-08-2019, 02:00 PM
Nik'sG37X

Same problem

Hello, I have this exact same issue with my airbag light flashing after a jump start and not being able to be reset with the on/off method. Do you have any updates on what you found to be the issue?
Old 07-17-2019, 03:40 PM
Mpotros

Originally Posted by Nik'sG37X
Hello, I have this exact same issue with my airbag light flashing after a jump start and not being able to be reset with the on/off method. Do you have any updates on what you found to be the issue?
No haven't found a fix yet. Called infiniti they said 125$ to diagnose but would go towards the fix. I just kind of ignored it now that i dont even notice it. but yes still an issue..
I read somewhere that possibly the airbag module under the driver seat would need to be replaced which is something like $700 so that kind of scared me off of having it diagnosed.
Old 07-17-2019, 10:50 PM
billynguyen80s
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Your airbags control module under the arm rest will need to be taken off and send out to reset. You don't need a new one. That was what happened w my 2011 g37x w airbags light blinking 7/1 after a jump start. Sorry guys, my first post here. Lmk if I missed anything
The following users liked this post:
Mpotros (07-17-2019)
Old 07-17-2019, 11:41 PM
Mpotros

Originally Posted by billynguyen80s
Your airbags control module under the arm rest will need to be taken off and send out to reset. You don't need a new one. That was what happened w my 2011 g37x w airbags light blinking 7/1 after a jump start. Sorry guys, my first post here. Lmk if I missed anything
Thanks for the feedback! Any idea what that ended up costing you?
Old 07-18-2019, 07:58 AM
billynguyen80s
Registered Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would say under 400$ give or take. That's including bringing my car to the stealer just to be sure( cost me 150) and sending the unit out for 2 days return service .
Old 07-20-2019, 03:42 PM
Mpotros

Originally Posted by billynguyen80s
I would say under 400$ give or take. That's including bringing my car to the stealer just to be sure( cost me 150) and sending the unit out for 2 days return service .
Paid the 135 diagnosis fee only to be quoted $1425 for the airbag module replacement. Apparently the part is 1200$. It’s a tiny little module. I called Infiniti customer care to see if they’ll help cover some of the cost. Car is 2012 with only 60k miles on it. Case is with a regional manager so we’ll see, but I’m not very hopeful.
Old 07-22-2019, 11:06 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Paid the 135 diagnosis fee only to be quoted $1425 for the airbag module replacement. Apparently the part is 1200$. It’s a tiny little module. I called Infiniti customer care to see if they’ll help cover some of the cost. Car is 2012 with only 60k miles on it. Case is with a regional manager so we’ll see, but I’m not very hopeful.
You probably don't have to buy a new srs module. You can probably just send it out to a third party company and get it reprogrammed/reset.

Quick Reply: Airbag light flashing, can’t reset pulled code b1015