G37 Sedan

Of all the modifications you have made to your sedan, which is your favorite?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2018, 11:48 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
best so far?

370z Nismo S-tune rear sway bar. Removes all the nasty understeer from the X.
Old 01-08-2019, 03:26 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Received 697 Likes on 499 Posts
I may have to update this to the Bell Raceworks rear subframe brace. If not the best mod so far, it has got to be the best bang for the buck for the drivetrain/suspension. Much more info. on page 66 of my build thread: https://www.myg37.com/forums/build-t...ml#post4227086

Old 01-18-2019, 06:46 AM
doctorg37xs
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. I hesitated for 6+ months on purchasing them and in retrospect, I'm not sure why I did. Huge improvement in handling over stock on my awd g37 sedan!
Old 01-19-2019, 10:49 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by doctorg37xs
Hotchkis front and rear sway bars. I hesitated for 6+ months on purchasing them and in retrospect, I'm not sure why I did. Huge improvement in handling over stock on my awd g37 sedan!
Just keep an eye on the front endlinks, especially if you do track days. Those bars put a lot of force on the endlinks. I already killed my stock and aftermarket Moog endlinks after a few track days. Hoping my SPL endlinks with spherical bearings hold up a bit better.
Old 01-19-2019, 01:34 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by 4DRZ
Just keep an eye on the front endlinks, especially if you do track days. Those bars put a lot of force on the endlinks. I already killed my stock and aftermarket Moog endlinks after a few track days. Hoping my SPL endlinks with spherical bearings hold up a bit better.
second this. Installed my hotchkis rsb maybe a week ago and one of the endlinks snapped. Granted they werent in the best condition and were the originals from 2008.

definitely my best upgrade to date were the sways.
Old 01-19-2019, 03:10 PM
doctorg37xs
Registered Member

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the tips. What are common signs of failing/failed endlinks?

Originally Posted by PNW_IPL
second this. Installed my hotchkis rsb maybe a week ago and one of the endlinks snapped. Granted they werent in the best condition and were the originals from 2008.

definitely my best upgrade to date were the sways.
Old 01-20-2019, 04:41 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by doctorg37xs
Thanks for the tips. What are common signs of failing/failed endlinks?
Noise. You will hear a clicking/clunking sound out of the front.
Old 01-21-2019, 01:30 PM
zaz
Registered Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Noise. You will hear a clicking/clunking sound out of the front.
Hey buddy, little off topic but quick question regarding this.
Mine only makes a clicking/clunking sound whenever I shift inputs. So for example, if I stop accelerating (let off throttle) and the car begins to decelerate it will make the sound. Or if I'm stopped and I start moving. Or start moving in reverse.
So in a 3-point turn example, it'll make a clunking sound when the first point is complete and I switch into reverse and start moving, and once again when I start moving forward from a stop and complete the turn. Does this sound like end-links? Car is at almost 160k km, I have the 370z rear sway with OEM X front sway, as far as I know PO did not change end-links and I've had the car since 108k.
Thanks in advance.
Old 01-21-2019, 02:40 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Please limit this thread to discussion of favorite mods. There are plenty of threads talking about the various clunks one can experience with the G. Try the search feature or post in the appropriate forum (Tech/Brakes & Suspension in this case).
Old 01-21-2019, 05:14 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by zaz
Hey buddy, little off topic but quick question regarding this.
Mine only makes a clicking/clunking sound whenever I shift inputs. So for example, if I stop accelerating (let off throttle) and the car begins to decelerate it will make the sound. Or if I'm stopped and I start moving. Or start moving in reverse.
So in a 3-point turn example, it'll make a clunking sound when the first point is complete and I switch into reverse and start moving, and once again when I start moving forward from a stop and complete the turn. Does this sound like end-links? Car is at almost 160k km, I have the 370z rear sway with OEM X front sway, as far as I know PO did not change end-links and I've had the car since 108k.
Thanks in advance.
So your favorite mod is starting to create problems? (Trying to get it back on track slartibart ) I usually heard it going over bumps, but you could be right. I cannot remember if we isolated it with the car on the ground or on the lift, but once you isolate it, the problem will be obvious.

Now back to your regularly scheduled awesome upgrades list. I still think it is between the Sparco R600 seat and the Bell Raceworks rear differential brace for me. This varies based on if my seat airbag light comes on or if the rear differential brace starts causing issues. I hope that the differential brace will end my wheel hop issue. I should find out in the spring.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:30 PM
g37socal
Registered Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
1. 4.08 gears
2. Takeda Cold Air Intake
3. Tune - I did an ecutek tuned by Seb
4. Quaife LSD I did this since the gears were going in.

Im a 7at. To me the car is a blast to drive. I’m head to head with a 340i. Actually these are my only mods.

Old 01-22-2019, 10:07 AM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by g37socal
1. 4.08 gears
2. Takeda Cold Air Intake
3. Tune - I did an ecutek tuned by Seb
4. Quaife LSD I did this since the gears were going in.

Im a 7at. To me the car is a blast to drive. I’m head to head with a 340i. Actually these are my only mods.

What do you like about the LSD? I went back and forth on doing this when I did gears and ultimately decided that my tires were sticky enough with the factory LSD that I could not notice any slipping on track.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:24 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
What do you like about the LSD? I went back and forth on doing this when I did gears and ultimately decided that my tires were sticky enough with the factory LSD that I could not notice any slipping on track.
7at doesn’t get a factory LSD. If you are paying for it, might as well toss in the one-and-done quaife. The rear lsd keeps the traction control from backing off your throttle as quickly or as often.
Old 01-26-2019, 12:31 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Corprin
7at doesn’t get a factory LSD.
The RWD Sport Package had VLSD regardless of transmission.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/models/2...ifications.php

Old 01-26-2019, 04:34 PM
4DRZ
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
The RWD Sport Package had VLSD regardless of transmission.

http://www.infinitihelp.com/models/2...ifications.php

So he spent a lot of money on a LSD and his car already had one. Oh that sucks!

Quick Reply: Of all the modifications you have made to your sedan, which is your favorite?