gas gauge level not working

Notices
G37 Sedan

Old 08-11-2018, 02:15 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Quick Update: some of you know that I was having a lot of problem when the gas gauge was not reading the gas level properly for the longest time the level was stuck at 3/4 no matter what, I brought the car to 2 infiniti they said paid $150 for diagnostic
the first one said to change the sending unit and fuel pump,
the second shop said they do not know the problem and are waiting for infiniti to send some for the fix and a lot of infiniti are having the same problem
I brought it to another local shop on Thursday and they did test the wiring and continuity, they even change the sending unit and fuel pump that I had bought on ebay and at the scrap but nothing. the mechanic had a software that he pays 200 a month and looked again and saw something called A/C amp. He said if we can get this part we can try if it work it work if not we will do more test. Unbelievably I took one from the 2010 g37x at Kenny u pull from Montreal couple of months ago, brought it to the shop at 5 AM and I took apart the center of the dash and connected the A/C amp and we started to do some test.

1- We took 2 other sending unit and fuel pump
2- both level from the sending unit and fuel pump were on empty
3- We turn the key to ON and the gas gauge on the cluster showed empty
4- We turned the car off
5- We took both level from the sending unit and fuel pump we raise to half a tank
6- We turned the key back to ON and the gas gauge showed half a tank and the mechanic was happy he said there you go it worked.
7-He said that sometime even experience mechanic would of never find that problem
8- He said to keep him up to date when the gas gauge goes under half
I think the problem has been solved my gas level has been going down and now it is under half a tank
So If you change the sending unit and fuel pump and still are having the same issue where the gas level will not read past 3/4 of a tank no matter what you do, the way to fix it is to change the Climate Body Control Amplifier Controller Module BCM
its behind the radio removal and installation took 15 min top and everything would go back to normal.
hope you guys could pass it on to the other driver.

I praise that those mechanics, Infiniti should of known how to fix this issues especially when I paid $150 to have the car diagnose. not cool from them.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flipmode007 For This Useful Post:
slartibartfast (08-11-2018), tite_tite (08-11-2018)