G37 Sedan

G37 Journey Sedan

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2018, 02:41 PM
KoalaFied

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G37 Journey Sedan

Is there not a market for G37 Sedans? My dad has a G37 Sedan he's been trying to get off his hands for a while now and he rarely gets a call for it and when he does the offers just crack him up. It has really low miles but it's salvaged due to a minor accident. Could that be the culprit? Are people really that afraid of salvage?
Old 06-26-2018, 03:01 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
The cars are a dime a dozen, especially the base Journey. Why bother with a salvage title when there are an abundance of low mileage well maintained examples to choose from?
Old 06-26-2018, 03:24 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
In my personal experience, I would never purchase a salvaged vehicle, especially if it has been modded in anyway (not saying yours is). But also, price is a big factor as most people think they can an AMAZING deal when a car is salvaged. Location also relates to the price as in the Bay Area (CA), you can buy a salvaged G37 anywhere from 5-10 grand. Theres a salvaged 2013 G37 with 35k miles going for $10,500 to give an example.
Old 06-26-2018, 09:44 PM
Epiphany
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 207 Posts
If the only offers he's getting crack him up, he's probably asking way too much. A super common car that's not worth much anymore to begin with that's also a salvage title...
The following users liked this post:
AARONHL (06-27-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 PM
KoalaFied

Originally Posted by SkyG37
In my personal experience, I would never purchase a salvaged vehicle, especially if it has been modded in anyway (not saying yours is). But also, price is a big factor as most people think they can an AMAZING deal when a car is salvaged. Location also relates to the price as in the Bay Area (CA), you can buy a salvaged G37 anywhere from 5-10 grand. Theres a salvaged 2013 G37 with 35k miles going for $10,500 to give an example.
The G37 we have has under 30k miles and we would love to get an offer like that lol
Old 06-26-2018, 10:02 PM
KoalaFied

[QUOTE=Epiphany;4204322]If the only offers he's getting crack him up, he's probably asking way too much. A super common car that's not worth much anymore to begin with that's also a salvage title...[/QUOTE

$6k is nowhere near a fair price for the car considering it has less than 30k miles and is in excellent condition
Old 06-26-2018, 10:04 PM
KoalaFied

Originally Posted by SkyG37
All we ever work with/buy are salvage vehicles. Can you give me some insight as to why people are so afraid of salvage? I've come across countless cars that run and look way worse than most salvage cars out there.
Old 06-27-2018, 08:40 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by KoalaFied

$6k is nowhere near a fair price for the car considering it has less than 30k miles and is in excellent condition
Kinda funny to hear excellent condition and salvage title in the same sentence

How much is he asking for it, and what model? Is it a S or 6mt?
Old 06-27-2018, 08:47 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,572 Likes on 3,423 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac

Agreed. It doesn't feel fair to the seller, but if a car has a salvage title, it destroys resale opportunity. It's just a fact of automotive life, man.

The 6MT is a S by default, and the Journey (see title) can't be a 6MT... you know that, Lego. He could have a Journey Sport. Blah blah blah, just teasing you, man.

Salvage titles are great buys for people who want to keep their car for 10 years or more. But they're lousy constraints on someone expecting equity in their car. Bummer for the OP.
The following 2 users liked this post by Rochester:
Daddy Fat Sacs (06-27-2018), Slowg37x (06-27-2018)
Old 06-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester

The 6MT is a S by default, and the Journey (see title) can't be a 6MT... you know that, Lego. He could have a Journey Sport. Blah blah blah, just teasing you, man.
My knowledge of the model variances outside the 6mt is pretty weak

With the exception of the Journey Sport and 6MT, these are incredibly common cars, with horrible resale. Factor in a salvage title, and you can probably shave the price in half.

Plus, you're looking for a cash buyer at that point as well, because nobody is going to finance a 5+ year old salvage title. Tough position to be in for a seller.
Old 06-27-2018, 09:56 AM
Rochester
Administrator

My knowledge of the model variances outside the 6mt is pretty weak
Probably because of its rarity, but it's not uncommon for people to miss that the 6MT was classified as a separate sub-model. There were 3:
  • Journey
  • AWD
  • 6MT

Insofar as badges go:
  • G37 - Journey
  • G37S - Journey w/Sport Package
  • G37x - AWD
  • G37xS - AWD w/Sport Appearance Package
  • G37S - 6MT

Last edited by Rochester; 06-27-2018 at 11:57 AM.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:01 PM
KoalaFied

I know it does sound funny but my dad has been fixing cars for over 20 years and has customers that have waited over a year just to have him fix the car because he's the only one they trusted. I know it sounds like I'm trying to upsell haha but the truth is the truth. Also, the car had no frame damage and only the passenger doors were replaced. We literally replaced them with color matched doors and that was it. No paint or bodywork was done on the car whatsoever. It has no issues that we know of. And as for selling salvage cars, this isn't the first one we tried selling. But it is by far the one with the least calls for.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:32 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

So.....how much is he asking?
Old 06-27-2018, 01:45 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Originally Posted by KoalaFied
I know it does sound funny but my dad has been fixing cars for over 20 years and has customers that have waited over a year just to have him fix the car because he's the only one they trusted. I know it sounds like I'm trying to upsell haha but the truth is the truth. Also, the car had no frame damage and only the passenger doors were replaced. We literally replaced them with color matched doors and that was it. No paint or bodywork was done on the car whatsoever. It has no issues that we know of. And as for selling salvage cars, this isn't the first one we tried selling. But it is by far the one with the least calls for.
See, that's a good story. The kind of story that could sell the car. Try adding an entry in the FS section of this forum. Put it up on AutoTrader and explain the salvage title. Put the effort into the sale.

Or sell it to Lego for parts.
Old 06-27-2018, 01:53 PM
KoalaFied

Originally Posted by Rochester
See, that's a good story. The kind of story that could sell the car. Try adding an entry in the FS section of this forum. Put it up on AutoTrader and explain the salvage title. Put the effort into the sale.

Or sell it to Lego for parts.
Yeah you're right. I'm gonna clean up the car and put it up in the forums and see what happens. Who knows, I might get lucky haha. Thanks for the tips man!

Quick Reply: G37 Journey Sedan