Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible to relocate resonators?

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2018, 09:31 PM
Walter.ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Possible to relocate resonators?

I'm planning on installing a pair of exhaust cut outs on my sedan to have the option to switch my exhaust between stock vs. straight pipe from the cat back.

However looking at the exhaust I'm not sure there's much space to weld it on before the resonators as I'd like. So I'm faced with two options.

1. Remove the resonators, and install the cutouts there, while leaving the mufflers intact.

Or

2. Relocate the resonators further back closer to the mufflers, leaving more pipe room to weld in the cutouts.

I'd like to keep as much of the stock exhaust intact, mainly cause I don't want to be screaming all the time in before police pull me over for illegal exhaust or somethisomething.

I've heard a resonator delete before and didn't sound too bad, but I'd like the option to keep it quiet as much as possible.

Here's a picture of the sedan exhaust, so tell me what you think about my second option, if it's possible.

Old 07-27-2018, 11:37 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
You also have to look under the car to see if anything gets in the way of your relocated resonators. For example, there is a light-weight cross brace spanning the tunnel. Of course, you could ditch it like I did when I had the ARK Grip installed.
Old 07-28-2018, 12:17 AM
Walter.ace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
You also have to look under the car to see if anything gets in the way of your relocated resonators. For example, there is a light-weight cross brace spanning the tunnel. Of course, you could ditch it like I did when I had the ARK Grip installed.
Yeah I found this picture

By the looks of it the resonators may(?) Fit further back, hopefully they don't hit the rear axle or something, and I'd think the cut outs would fit perfectly where the cut out for the resonators were.