G37 Sedan

Bad luck keep on coming FML

Old 06-13-2018, 11:20 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Received 48 Likes on 35 Posts
Bad luck keep on coming FML

So I was driving on the highway and out of sudden I saw something run underneath my car and I heard this big bang,

so I turned around and head home as I was driving my steering wheel was so stiff that i could barely turn left or right. so when I parked the car went inside took the flash light and this is what I saw the power steering fluid gone and empty. the cover under the car half of it is gone.

how much stuff Am i missing and what would be the cost?
Attached Thumbnails Bad luck keep on coming FML-thuambnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbnaisl.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumsbnail.jpg  

Last edited by flipmode007; 06-13-2018 at 11:29 PM. Reason: add pic
Old 06-13-2018, 11:44 PM
tite_tite
Registered Member

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Whoa.. that's some crazy stuff.. This is the 1st..

got some pic fr my ride.. did your whole side fell off?? Tough man.. hope all is well
The following users liked this post:
flipmode007 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:15 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
No way to tell, but if it is a power steering rack leak, it won't be a cheap fix. I suspect since you drove on it without any fluid, you might have damaged the pump too.

Do you have comprehensive coverage in your insurance? I would just use insurance if I were you. Comprehensive claims do not increase your rates and they cover collision with an animal. You will not be at fault in this case.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure what the insurance coverages are in Canada. What I said is for US insurance.

Last edited by mathnerd88; 06-14-2018 at 12:20 AM.
flipmode007 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 12:41 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

took some more pics of the passenger side and seems like the plastic cover is gone too
Attached Thumbnails Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumsbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thuvmbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thvumbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thusmbnail.jpg  

Last edited by flipmode007; 06-14-2018 at 12:56 AM.
Old 06-14-2018, 12:48 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by mathnerd88
No way to tell, but if it is a power steering rack leak, it won't be a cheap fix. I suspect since you drove on it without any fluid, you might have damaged the pump too.

Do you have comprehensive coverage in your insurance? I would just use insurance if I were you. Comprehensive claims do not increase your rates and they cover collision with an animal. You will not be at fault in this case.

EDIT: Sorry, I'm not sure what the insurance coverage are in Canada. What I said is for US insurance.

I already made a claim last year during the winter time because some guy hit me on the passenger side, I was going to make another claim because the kid in the neighborhood threw a knife at it and scratch the paint and they said I would have to pay a 500 deductible. so I may have to pay that 500 to get all fix now
Old 06-14-2018, 01:23 AM
mathnerd88
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by flipmode007
I already made a claim last year during the winter time because some guy hit me on the passenger side, I was going to make another claim because the kid in the neighborhood threw a knife at it and scratch the paint and they said I would have to pay a 500 deductible. so I may have to pay that 500 to get all fix now
The guy hitting you on passenger side would be considered a collision under your policy, but the knife incident and this one should both be covered under comprehensive. Again, I don't know what Canada insurance policies are, but in the US, those comprehensive claims shouldn't raise your rate.
flipmode007 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 01:30 AM
G37xS-Life
Registered Member

Received 28 Likes on 26 Posts
So I was driving on the highway and out of sudden I saw something run underneath my car and I heard this big bang,

so I turned around and head home as I was driving my steering wheel was so stiff that i could barely turn left or right. so when I parked the car went inside took the flash light and this is what I saw the power steering fluid gone and empty. the cover under the car half of it is gone.

how much stuff Am i missing and what would be the cost?
Look on the bright side, you are safe and made it home alive. As bad as it seems, it could have been worse.

I had a similar incident a while back. The difference was a cinder block fell from a pick up truck in front of me and it went right under my car. I had no room to move out of the way due to vehicles to my left and right. The cinder block dented my entire Z-speed aluminum shroud, but protected my engine, oil pan and everything else. Once past the engine, the cinder block proceeded to hit my exhaust and bent it a little. I would suggest that you get an aluminum engine undershroud once everything is fixed and resolved.
flipmode007 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 02:05 AM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Seems like ZSpeedperformance on here still sell them, I will contact them after everything is done with the car. I took more pics under the car and voila windshield reservoir is leaking front bumper is cracked.
Attached Thumbnails Bad luck keep on coming FML-4.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-t.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-th1umbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-th4umbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbn2ail.jpg  

Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbn33ail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbn333ail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbnail.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thumbnail.jpge.jpg   Bad luck keep on coming FML-thuwmbnail.jpg  

Last edited by flipmode007; 06-14-2018 at 01:51 PM.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:02 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
take pictures of the power steering lines and the rack...your pics just show the reservoir and the top of one of the lines... you may have busted a return line to the rack if its just a busted line may not be that bad
Old 06-14-2018, 09:03 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

...the kid in the neighborhood threw a knife at it....
seriously? wtf?
Old 06-14-2018, 01:51 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Those pictures dont show anything, u r gonna have to get under the car. The thing you ran over prob ripped the wheel well splash shield and power steering lines off. Jack up the car and take better pictures from underneath
Old 06-14-2018, 01:53 PM
AARONHL
Registered Member

Received 57 Likes on 54 Posts
Now do you believe me when I told ya to forget about the knife scratch, there are bigger things to worry about.....
flipmode007 (06-14-2018)
Old 06-14-2018, 01:57 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

the one picture of the sway bar kinda looks like it shows the hardlines in the back with some PS fluid ..its too hard to tell if it punctured or jsut obscured cause the picutre is focused on the saybar...the rest though are really random pictures of the car and don't show the PS lines...

also not enough pictures/perspective of the rack but what does show doesn't show any impact to the rack or even tearing of the boots (the seeping on the rack could be old or jsut from the burst line)...if I were to wild guess, I'd still say its jsut broken lines and maybe an inner tie rod...

what did you hit anyways?
Old 06-14-2018, 02:05 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by Hashim
seriously? wtf?
yes it did happen I was so mad cuz i saw t happen in front of me lol and I have it on video, I made a post regarding this issue and last year the repair would of costed me 1200 but some of the member here reasoned with me to cool down cuz I was so going to sue them.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:06 PM
flipmode007
Premier Member

Originally Posted by AARONHL
Now do you believe me when I told ya to forget about the knife scratch, there are bigger things to worry about.....

I have to admit, Yes you were riight

Originally Posted by Hashim
the one picture of the sway bar kinda looks like it shows the hardlines in the back with some PS fluid ..its too hard to tell if it punctured or jsut obscured cause the picutre is focused on the saybar...the rest though are really random pictures of the car and don't show the PS lines...

also not enough pictures/perspective of the rack but what does show doesn't show any impact to the rack or even tearing of the boots (the seeping on the rack could be old or jsut from the burst line)...if I were to wild guess, I'd still say its jsut broken lines and maybe an inner tie rod...

what did you hit anyways?

It was dark on the highway but I think it may have been a raccoon by the look at the dent. There's a lot of raccoon in this city that roam at night.

Last edited by flipmode007; 06-14-2018 at 02:13 PM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Bad luck keep on coming FML