G37 Sedan

New Member saying hi and some Questions

Old 05-19-2018, 04:39 PM
G37_Zero.exe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The replies have been amazing, thanks a lot guys. You are awesome!

I think the gasket is a bit of a turn off for the 2011 and older models. After reading this, I did some more research on the 3.7L motor and it does appear to be less reliable than the VQ3.5DE, but only in its first few years.

I think with that said, I am definitely looking for a 2012 G37. But if all else fails, and I can only find a good price on a 2011 or older, I'll haggle the price more aggressively to save money for the gasket replacement =p

As for tuning.. I'm definitely gonna tune it.
My last fun car was a 2002 Lincoln LS V8. I had several tunes for it (using an Xcal 2), Magnaflow cat back, and custom air intake with lifetime AEM / nitrous ported. Drove it to 291k kms, sold it with the zero mechanical failures. (had a lot of electrical tho lol)

So i'll definitely make the G37 a fun car again.

Again thanks for the answers everyone =)
Old 05-19-2018, 07:48 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by G37_Zero.exe
The replies have been amazing, thanks a lot guys. You are awesome!

I think the gasket is a bit of a turn off for the 2011 and older models. After reading this, I did some more research on the 3.7L motor and it does appear to be less reliable than the VQ3.5DE, but only in its first few years.

I think with that said, I am definitely looking for a 2012 G37. But if all else fails, and I can only find a good price on a 2011 or older, I'll haggle the price more aggressively to save money for the gasket replacement =p

As for tuning.. I'm definitely gonna tune it.
My last fun car was a 2002 Lincoln LS V8. I had several tunes for it (using an Xcal 2), Magnaflow cat back, and custom air intake with lifetime AEM / nitrous ported. Drove it to 291k kms, sold it with the zero mechanical failures. (had a lot of electrical tho lol)

So i'll definitely make the G37 a fun car again.

Again thanks for the answers everyone =)
Good luck in your search, ideally a 2012 G37"S" would be a good find, the S pkg adds a lot of good features and the 2012 won't have the gasket issue. If it means to increase your budget a bit it would be money well spent if you plan on keeping this G for a while.
Welcome to the site and let us know what you find.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:59 PM
ezbme
Registered Member

Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by staskz
as far as 7AT being indecisive or weird at times i would agree, but i just recently did a tune with EcuTEk and it took care of that issue, the throttle response is much snappier and car doesnt lag anymore, mind you the car has 100K miles on it but feels better than when i bought it with 60K. so there are things you can do if you are willing
Damn I want this, but I would rather do it after a cold air intake and Cat Back Exhaust