Engine, Drivetrain & Forced-Induction
Have Technical Questions or Done Modifications to the G37? Find out the answer in here!

G37x knocking noise?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 09:34 PM
justinc7100

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
G37x knocking noise?

Hey guys, for the last year my car has been making a sort of desiel pulsating sound that I can only hear from the cabin. When I went to the dealer they told me it was the fuel damper and after much research, I belived that. It is about a year later and I am starting to worry it is not the fuel damper. I have the funds to fix it but I have been incredibly busy and honestly kind of forgot about it untill now. The sound is much louder when the engine is warmed up and has been driven. The sound is heard at engine idle, either drive or park. When I accelerate the pitch increases with the throttle if the car has been driven for a bit. Ive been to the dealer a few times and evetytime they said it was the damper. They went into the engine bay with a stethoscope and determined it was the damper, but I just wanna make sure as I am having a lot of anxiety atm about it lol. Here is the video. Apart from the sound, the car runs fine. I put 93 in and hange the oil every 3k and am currently at 125k miles. Thank you immensly for taking the time to answer. Here is the link to the video.

Thanks!!