Audio, Video & Electronics Post questions, reviews, and other general info about the G's Nav, sound system, satellite radio or aftermarket stereos

USB photos on Nav Screen?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Question USB photos on Nav Screen?

Hey, Forum

Is there a way to plug in a USB with photos, and have them as background options on the stock Nav display? I have a 2013 6mt G37 Sedan.

In the center console is a USB slot. I've tried plugging in a USB but it displays a message. Can't remember what the message says exactly but it is something to the effect of "USB can't be read" or "improper format"...something like that.

I don't know if this is the right sub-forum for this, if it needs to be moved thanks.

Best,
Banshee
Old 10-21-2017, 11:30 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Reading files off a usb is strange in our cars. I managed to play some movies from a USB, but file formats are hit and miss. Your parking brake needs to be engaged for it to work. You cant change the background image in the nav unfortunately. Only option is to upgrade to an Android based head unit.

Maybe someone can correct me, but unfortunately Nissan is really far behind with their nav units.
Old 10-22-2017, 02:35 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
i have a thumb drive with about 5 movies and 80 songs and each time i plug it in, it will ask, do you want to use source for media or audio ..or something like that, but you can only do either- play movies or play songs...i have not been able to view pics on it and dont think its possible....
Old 10-22-2017, 08:04 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Can I just upgrade the existing software to Android or does this all require new hardware?
Old 10-22-2017, 09:16 PM
G37sPhoton
Registered Member

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts
doubt it but I have not really read into something like that, check this link out and see if some idea pops up...https://www.myg37.com/forums/audio-v...37-screen.html