G37 Sedan

G37X splash shield on RWD G?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2019, 03:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by mjnoles1
It seems from your picture, that they are not all the same screws/bolts? Some look a little different in your picture, as in some look longer then others, some look black while others look silver, and some look like a screw top while others look like a bolt top?

Care to advise the differences, and where each go?
You're right, there are two different length bolts. I've always thought that was odd, too. I'm sure there's a reason, but it all seems very interchangeable. At least, I've never had a problem in the countless times I've removed the under-tray.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:06 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
^^^
Every time I change the oil, I also soak the bolts with penetrating oil, so they aren't completely frozen with rust the next time I need to pull the shroud. It might seem like overkill, but really it's no extra effort at all, and makes enough of a difference to keep doing it.

i don’t remove the splash shield for oil changes. Just need to open the little door for access.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:08 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Corprin
i don’t remove the splash shield for oil changes. Just need to open the little door for access.
It's not like I have a choice... not every tray has the little access door.
Old 02-23-2019, 04:23 PM
Corprin

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
It's not like I have a choice... not every tray has the little access door.
That is just silly, some do some don’t. I was so happy when I slipped under there the first time. Granted I had to make a tray funnel to keep my filter from puking all over the place, and it will never be as good as my Tacoma’s filter location. So that and a fumoto valve make oil changes too easy... easier than getting the car up onto ramps with the percariously positioned 2x8s.

Also absolutely LOVE the rad of air filter change in this car.

I might have to look at the aluminum tray. Probably will take errant ice chunks on the road better.