What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time? - Page 105 - MyG37

Go Back  MyG37 > G-Spot > G37 Sedan
Reload this Page >

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Notices
G37 Sedan

What vehicle will be a worthy replacement for your sedan when it is time?

Old 01-19-2019, 11:47 AM
4DRZ

Originally Posted by Rochester View Post
Agreed. Coming from the Maxima, I've always had a lot of respect for the Acura TL. Never got to drive the SH-AWD 6MT, and always wanted to.
I had high hopes for that car too, until I drove it. You didn't miss anything. That car was garbage- heavy, underpowered, and ugly.
Old 01-19-2019, 02:37 PM
STownSaint

Originally Posted by canucklehead View Post

i still find that what Infiniti did with the G37S 6MT Sedan trim packaging was the best execution. they knew that executive enthusiasts would pay for a top trim (read: higher margins for Nissan) when paired with a 6MT. the 6MT package came 'loaded' which was perfect out of the box in its day. like having the cake and eating it too.
Dang, never thought of it that way, but totally agree. The G37 6MT was low volume for sure, but they padded that by making all of them fully-loaded. Great execution indeed.

Also interesting term, "executive enthusiasts." Folks that are willing to spend more, but old enough to know what a stick shift is, and prefer it. Obviously cars with manuals are quickly fading away, but I wonder how quickly the folks that want to drive them will follow suit. Clearly plenty of stalwarts on the forums.

I assume most kids born after 2000 or so have very little to no interest in a manual transmission.
The Following User Says Thank You to STownSaint For This Useful Post:
canucklehead (01-19-2019)
Old Yesterday, 09:51 PM
Ignadot

Lexus LS430

I know it is completely two different ideologies, but has anybody thought about getting a Lexus LS after driving Gs? Its gonna be a little downgrade for me cause I will only have enough money for 04-06 LS430 after my 09 G37x was totaled, but I just took a spin on one of them at the closet dealer and I kinda loved it! What do u think? Is it worht it?
Old Today, 11:22 AM
zaz

Originally Posted by Ignadot View Post
I know it is completely two different ideologies, but has anybody thought about getting a Lexus LS after driving G’s? It’s gonna be a little downgrade for me cause I will only have enough money for 04-06 LS430 after my ‘09 G37x was totaled, but I just took a spin on one of them at the closet dealer and I kinda loved it! What do u think? Is it worht it?
Why not look at an older GS300? You could find one relatively cheap, aim for the early 2000s models. Might be a better option, you could find one with a 2JZ-GE or GTE (supra motor, I think this is JDM only? Regardless the 2JZ-GE has a ton of potential for mods) and have a ton of fun with it, gives you a great platform to mod/grow. Swap in a MT, boost it to 600whp, enjoy.

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.