G37 Sedan

Slight Vibration at idle then gone

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2017, 11:06 PM
PDattaTV
Registered Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Slight Vibration at idle then gone

Hi guys! When I drive my car and I come to A stop, sometimes I can feel a slight vibration throughout my seats. After maybe a second or less after stopping, the vibration goes away and the idle is smooth. What could be the problem?
Old 07-18-2017, 01:41 PM
Alcaponed

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
I am having a similar issue, and I noticed the RPMs drop slightly once in a while when stopped. Keep an eye on your tach to see if that's the issue. I don't know the answer but I would love if someone more knowledgeable than I could chime in
Old 07-18-2017, 04:38 PM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Does the vibration stop if you put the car in neutral?
Old 07-20-2017, 01:12 PM
Alcaponed

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
For me yes, it stops when I shift into neutral. If I let go of the brake when the RPM drop is occurring, the car jerks when I try to accelerate.
Old 07-20-2017, 09:07 PM
Victory
Registered Member

Received 153 Likes on 122 Posts
Dirty throttle body is the general culprit on these cars.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:37 AM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Alcaponed
For me yes, it stops when I shift into neutral. If I let go of the brake when the RPM drop is occurring, the car jerks when I try to accelerate.
If it goes away when you put the car in neutral, then that tells me that something's up in the transmission and torque converter. I don't want to incite a panic because yes trannies are expensive.

Try getting your local oil change place to do a transmission flush. Normally I'm not a fan of "flushing" as I think a normal drain and fill is usually sufficient, but they do need to empty out that torque converter of the old fluid to get the full benefit of the new fluid. Hopefully that would make it go away. I think I've paid my local place like $120 to do it. It doesn't take them long at all.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:45 AM
Victory
Registered Member

Transmission flushes arent indicated on these cars. The 3x drain and fill will get the fluid out of the torque converter just fine.

i dont know how you can get a full transmission fluid change for $120 when a case of matic-s costs more than that
Old 07-21-2017, 09:51 AM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Victory
Transmission flushes arent indicated on these cars. The 3x drain and fill will get the fluid out of the torque converter just fine.

i dont know how you can get a full transmission fluid change for $120 when a case of matic-s costs more than that
Haven't had to do it for the G yet, but I just recently had them do it for the wife's old CX-7.

I wonder how much they would charge if you brought your own Matic-S fluid.
Old 07-21-2017, 09:54 AM
Victory
Registered Member

Originally Posted by emerilnut
Haven't had to do it for the G yet, but I just recently had them do it for the wife's old CX-7.

I wonder how much they would charge if you brought your own Matic-S fluid.
i wouldn't get a flush from an oil change shop period.

either way, clean your throttle bodies first. The reason the vibration goes away in neutral is because the idle spead climbs when there is no load on the engine

dealer cost for the proper procedure including fluid is $250-300