G37 Sedan
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pic thread for the other vehicle(s) currently in your garage

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2017, 12:44 PM
G37_4DR

Received 39 Likes on 28 Posts
CR-Vs are nice. We were looking at both these and TOYOTA Highlanders during our used-car search. In the end, we ended up going with the larger Highlander, but that was only because a cream puff popped up on CL and I jumped on it.
Old 07-18-2017, 01:53 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Received 46 Likes on 30 Posts
We're kind of a ford family it seems.
Have a 2006 F350 Powerstroke. Doesn't fit in the garage though. It's the much maligned 6.0 liter but I love it. Never had any problems. It sits at about 117k right now. Has the egr deleted with a full exhaust and a programmer. It's giggle inducingly quick and it'll pull about anything.

Pulling my buddies boat up to Vancouver island on a fishing trip a couple weeks back:

From the other thread the wife recently got a 2017 mustang GT. Don't actually have any pics of it in the driveway yet I don't think, just the ones from picking it up.

For fun days we have a 1990 LX 5.0 with a 5spd. It's lowered with all the frame stiffeners welded in. It has about every bolt on you could imagine without swapping the heads. Came that way from the previous hobbyist. Has 3.73 gears and is a handful on the couple occasions I've driven it when wet out. Really fun little car. Crazy how much mustangs have grown in size ...
The long term plan is to build it all the way up. 347 stroker with aluminum heads. Keeping it efi though. No real time frame for that to happen but it's the goal. It sits a lot now.

The following users liked this post:
G37_4DR (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 02:02 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
That new mustang sure does take a pretty photo.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:06 PM
G37_4DR

Originally Posted by Rochester
That new mustang sure does take a pretty photo.
Agreed. Congrats on the car.
Old 07-18-2017, 03:07 PM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
I, for one, want the Raptor in the background. DROOL
Old 07-18-2017, 03:29 PM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Originally Posted by emerilnut
I, for one, want the Raptor in the background. DROOL
They're definitely sweet, but at $73k it seems a little steep for what you're getting...
Old 07-18-2017, 03:39 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
(not sure what happened with the camera exposure in the photo)

we went with the Toyota Highlander to replace the wife's CRV for the family truckster. she loved the CRV she had for ~ 8 years (which was a 5MT manual '06!) but it was time to make a change. we couldn't find anything reasonable with a manual option (Nissan X-Terra was about it) so we were forced to go slushbox, which opened up lots of options.

we bought new this time for the first time. usually buy ~1-2 year old lightly used vehicles to save depreciation while still getting a near-new car under warranty. but the HL's hold onto value so well it made no sense to buy a 3 year old model with 60k kms for essentially the same price as new. had to wait 5 months for the HL to arrive (you'd think Canada was on a different planet), but the deal worked out since i knew the fleet manager so we walked away happy with the deal. at the time nobody was offering anything off MSRP up here, it was nuts. we did much better than that.

if the newer CX-9 was out we may have gone that route, but the '16 model was hideous. either way, the HL has been great (and dull) and does everything we ask of it. lots of space and more than enough power for road trips. my main complaint is that i rarely get to drive the G37 on any fun road trips. the car seats do fit, but not all the gear that accompanies small kids. i guess slapping the HL into 'sport' mode will have to suffice...

garage was being painted so cars caught some rays to avoid paint platter.
Attached Thumbnails Pic thread for the other vehicle(s) currently in your garage-20170715_135555.jpg  
G37_4DR (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 04:37 PM
emerilnut
Registered Member

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by NW_6MT
They're definitely sweet, but at $73k it seems a little steep for what you're getting...
Yes, totally ridiculous, but GAWD what a truck.
Old 07-18-2017, 08:48 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
From the other thread the wife recently got a 2017 mustang GT. Don't actually have any pics of it in the driveway yet I don't think, just the ones from picking it up.
That's a pretty sweet wife's car Auto or manual?

If I can hold out until my 3 and 6 year olds are big enough, maybe I can somehow work a Mustang GT and booster seats

For fun days we have a 1990 LX 5.0 with a 5spd. It's lowered with all the frame stiffeners welded in. It has about every bolt on you could imagine without swapping the heads. Came that way from the previous hobbyist. Has 3.73 gears and is a handful on the couple occasions I've driven it when wet out. Really fun little car. Crazy how much mustangs have grown in size ...
As a high school kid during that generation, I've always been fond of the fox bodys. My friend had a bolt on 91 GT that seemed so fast for the time, but sooooo slow now. His dad still has 2 91 GTs, a 5-spd hatch, and an auto 'vert. I bet they don't have 40,000 miles combined.

My spousal unit has an Explorer Sport. Considering we started out comparing the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, I'd say a 365 horsepower AWD SUV was far beyond the best outcome I could have imagined

It took about a month before we got a Livernois tune. The claim is 59 HP and 82 TQ at the peak, with max gains under the curve around 100 hp/tq. And I was hoping to compromise on the SE Sienna

G37_4DR (07-18-2017)
Old 07-18-2017, 08:57 PM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
.... The claim is 59 HP and 82 TQ at the peak, with max gains under the curve around 100 hp/tq. And I was hoping to compromise on the SE Sienna
those claims are true... buddy of mine saw just a tad bit under for hp and torque but temps that day was in the 90s...
compromise on the sienna would have been a mistake but I guess you would have never known
Old 07-18-2017, 09:09 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by micafd3s
those claims are true... buddy of mine saw just a tad bit under for hp and torque but temps that day was in the 90s...
compromise on the sienna would have been a mistake but I guess you would have never known
It was the SE Sienna. That's the sporty one

Considering my wife can't drive MT, and has no issue with me having a MT, I feel like I have limited input into her vehicular choices
Old 07-18-2017, 09:14 PM
micafd3s

Received 114 Likes on 102 Posts

its a beauty... nice color choice.. cant wait for the gt500 to come out..
considering the prices gt350 are goin for these days.. doubt ill able to afford it
Old 07-18-2017, 09:26 PM
G37_4DR

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
My spousal unit has an Explorer Sport...

The current gen Ford Explorers are sweet. My wife and I rented one in Orange County during a weekend getaway and received a complementary upgrade on our car rental through Costco. That thing was awesome. We kept saying how much we wanted one, but alas, the used prices were still higher than we wanted to spend.
Old 07-19-2017, 12:58 AM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Her new mustang is a 6 speed (she previously had a 2012 6spd GT and a 2006 5spd GT before that). It's actually her 5th mustang, counting the 1990. Her first car was a 2000 convertible v6 auto. She's never looked back. Honestly if it wasn't for her I'd never own a ford car (other than a 69 Mach 1 or boss 429...). Love their trucks but I'm partial to imported cars.
The fox body is cool for what it is. Not really fast, but quick and tons of fun. I was always a fan too. Glad that I own one now. When researching to purchase I was surprised that they were originally only listed as 225 horse. This one came with a lot of receipts and documentation for all the work done (dating back to '91). Really glad I found this one in particular. It's a 2 owner car and it's helpful to have the history. Included was a dyno slip showing 217 at the rear wheels with the current rear end gear so it's definitely a notch over stock.
Only thing I've done in the last 15 months of ownership is an off road H-pipe and general tune up stuff (plugs, wires, distributor, fluids). It's been fun in the 1500 miles we've put on it. And it just sounds like sex:-). It's fun getting compliments pulling up to the grocery store, gas station, or random patio bar too. They definitely have a following. For the money, it's tough to beat. I'm into it just under $5k.

Now back to Infiniti chat...
Old 07-19-2017, 12:59 AM
NW_6MT
Registered Member

Originally Posted by emerilnut
Yes, totally ridiculous, but GAWD what a truck.
For the same money we coulda bought two of my wife's car and a stillen supercharger kit for my G.
Just think about that for a minute...