Notices
Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Black headlights

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2017, 04:12 AM
Capone801

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Black headlights

Anyone know where I can buy headlights with the black housing for a 2013 G37x (sedan)? Also, is there a difference between the headlights for the coupe vs the sedan?
Old 06-24-2017, 07:46 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Capone801
Anyone know where I can buy headlights with the black housing for a 2013 G37x (sedan)? Also, is there a difference between the headlights for the coupe vs the sedan?
You cannot buy black housings for the G37. You will have to paint a set of existing OEM headlights by yourself or through a business. Currently, there isn't a set of aftermarket headlights for the G37 sedan.

The headlights for the coupe and sedan are completely different.
Old 07-02-2017, 07:27 PM
miaku1840ss

I have not had any luck getting stand alone housing for this
Old 07-05-2017, 12:19 PM
Spoonierme

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Like MaQG37 mentioned, you have to either have a shop paint it for you or do it yourself. There are some DYI online that explains how to do this, which is nothing more than, preheat oven, put lights in oven to soften glue, pry clear casing from headlight, paint, reheat to warm glue up again, place the clear lens/case back together with the headlight, hold in place for a few hours.
Old 07-14-2017, 09:43 PM
Capone801

Originally Posted by MaQG37
You cannot buy black housings for the G37. You will have to paint a set of existing OEM headlights by yourself or through a business. Currently, there isn't a set of aftermarket headlights for the G37 sedan.

The headlights for the coupe and sedan are completely different.
Thank you. Does anyone know of somebody selling an OEM set of headlights that they have painted black? I have seen a few DIYs on this process of painting the housings, but i am not sure I am confident enough to do it myself.
Old 07-15-2017, 05:27 AM
Ihtbealexxx

Received 47 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by Capone801
Thank you. Does anyone know of somebody selling an OEM set of headlights that they have painted black? I have seen a few DIYs on this process of painting the housings, but i am not sure I am confident enough to do it myself.
There's a few shops that you can ship your headlights out to that will do it for you if you want a flawless job. If you're on the east coast, I'd personally recommend Oneighty in NYC. They're a 20 minute drive from where I live and did a spectacular job on my lights.

Their prices tend to be a bit high for some people, but they've established quite a reputation based on the quality of their work plus their customer service is excellent. Got my lights done there and love how it transformed the look of my front end.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:48 PM
DirtyHarry

I will legit buy black halo headlights from someone if there are some sellers