Help!! Cosco strut bar missing one nut

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2017, 11:09 PM
mdanish4
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Help!! Cosco strut bar missing one nut

Hello, I have cusco strut bar installed and I lost one the nuts came with the bar.. Can anyone of you tell me where can I buy the same exact nut? Picture for reference. Thank you.
Attached Thumbnails Help!! Cosco strut bar missing one nut-20170620_134520.jpg   Help!! Cosco strut bar missing one nut-screenshot_20170621-231723.png  

Last edited by mdanish4; 06-21-2017 at 11:17 PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 09:15 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by mdanish4
Hello, I have cusco strut bar installed and I lost one the nuts came with the bar.. Can anyone of you tell me where can I buy the same exact nut? Picture for reference. Thank you.
Those look like the same nuts that come with the GT-Spec strut bar.. when I bought mine from a member on here he decided it was no big deal that that it was missing when he gave it to me .... anyhoo...the only place I could find it was by ordering a "hardware kit" from the manufacturer which came with a full set of replacement nuts" for about $35.00

TL/DR: I have 4 or 5 extras if anyone on here or you can verify its the same nut I'll send you one for what it costs to ship....keep in mind I'm in Canada (I don't think this will make a difference for something this small but, FYI)....PM me your address...if you want it...
Old 06-22-2017, 09:18 AM
mdanish4
Registered Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
TL/DR: I have 4 or 5 extras if anyone on here or you can verify its the same nut I'll send you one for what it costs to ship....keep in mind I'm in Canada (I don't think this will make a difference for something this small but, FYI)....PM me your address...if you want it...
Hello. Appreciate the offer and the response. Sending you a PM.
Old 06-22-2017, 05:56 PM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
My strut bar didn't come with nuts and the OEM nuts are super soft and ended up getting stripped. Getting those off was another story.. but long story short I ended up replacing all 6 strut tower nuts with generic ones from home depot or lowes. I just took the stock nut in and used their sizing tool to find what thread it was, off the top of my head it was M6 or something? not too sure.
Old 06-22-2017, 07:53 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
I was thinking of going generic when i lost mine and maybe it would be fine but the way the sleeve is built onto the nut I was worried that it creates too much play around the studs and Id be worried about the resulting stress on them...I'm gonna send OP one of my spares... so hopefully that sorts him out
Old 06-26-2017, 04:24 AM
takeapieandrun
Registered Member

Received 58 Likes on 50 Posts
Yeah I made sure to get flange nuts so they seat onto the body properly. Perhaps you could use standard ones but I wouldn't be confident with those.