Body Interior Exterior Lighting

Replacing stock fog lights with LED

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2017, 01:52 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by G_Luv
Send me a link then, if you're finding them cheaper somewhere.
Amazon Amazon

If you'd rather, you can get even cheaper H11 bulbs at your local Advance Auto Store, or Walmart for that matter.

Retrofit, for instance, sells an Infiniti kit for $170.
Retrofit's kit is an integrated LED system, like DD's above. Beautiful lights. Well worth the cost, IMO.

so this is mostly a cosmetic thing.
Then simply drop in new LED bulbs. They won't have any fog-functionality, but will look nice, and cost virtually nothing.

so i need to factor in labor as well.
Dude. Unless you're a 300 pound amputee...
Old 05-23-2017, 02:02 PM
G_Luv

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
https://www.amazon.com/HaloPro-Ultra...t+bulb+halogen

If you'd rather, you can get even cheaper H11 bulbs at your local Advance Auto Store, or Walmart for that matter.

Retrofit's kit is an integrated LED system, like DD's above. Beautiful lights. Well worth the cost, IMO.

Then simply drop in new LED bulbs. They won't have any fog-functionality, but will look nice, and cost virtually nothing.

Dude. Unless you're a 300 pound amputee...
Thanks. Aside from your last little response. You having a tough day today or something?

I travel for work, last thing I want to do when I'm home is park myself under my car. I have better things to do.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:04 PM
G_Luv

Originally Posted by MaQG37
It's a 1 hour install for beginner's.
I'll check out YouTube to see if there's any DIYs, but like I told the other guy my time at home is valuable and I'd rather not waste it lying down under my car.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:12 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I travel for work, last thing I want to do when I'm home is park myself under my car. I have better things to do.
Oh hey, I'm sorry to hear that. The last thing I would ever want to do is be away from home because of work.

Thanks. Aside from your last little response. You having a tough day today or something?
You're welcome! I'm having an uncomplicated, entertaining day.

Buy the kit... it will really add a touch of upgraded class to your sedan.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:17 PM
G_Luv

Oh hey, I'm sorry to hear that. The last thing I would ever want to do is be away from home because of work.

You're welcome! I'm having an uncomplicated, entertaining day.

Buy the kit... it will really add a touch of upgraded class to your sedan.
I'm leaning towards the kit, and I MIGHT even try DIY if I can find a good guide (after getting shamed here, lol). While I don't anticipate needing to use the fogs often, I also don't want to make them useless altogether simply for the sake of a cosmetic upgrade.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:19 PM
Rochester
Administrator

I'm leaning towards the kit, and I MIGHT even try DIY if I can find a good guide (after getting shamed here, lol). While I don't anticipate needing to use the fogs often, I also don't want to make them useless altogether simply for the sake of a cosmetic upgrade.
There you go!

Welcome to the forum, G_Luv.
Old 05-23-2017, 02:32 PM
G_Luv

There you go!

Welcome to the forum, G_Luv.
Thanks. I just got the G a few months ago (upgraded from an Altima) and it's the first car I've owned where I've felt compelled to trick it out a little bit. I put in OEM wood trim last week, I'm putting a light tint on the windows this Friday, probably 50%, although I may go with ceramic. Fog lights are next!

I assume that retrofitsource kit includes bulbs, yes?

Also, if there are DIY guides for the fogs on this site, I'd love to see a link!
Old 05-24-2017, 09:23 AM
G_Luv

Originally Posted by Goonz
Do you have a sport front bumper or a regular bumper? An alternative would be LED fog lights that replace the entire stock housing and fit OEM, look OEM and match the HID headlights very well. I had them on my previous coupe and they sell it for the sedan as well from The Retrofit Source, see below.
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/co...to-xb-led.html
Goonz-
Those morimoto housings seem to use non-removable LEDs. What happens if the LED goes, do I need to buy another housing?
Old 05-25-2017, 02:54 PM
Ra_BiiGGa

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
I have drop in LED bulbs in my car now.. although it doesn't match headlight color 100% its pretty darn close and it gets the job done as far as cosmetic appearance.. functionality non existent tho..
who ever uses fog lights anyway.. ive never driven and said "oh man I cant see lemme turn on these fogs" IMO they barely even help in a fog...
either way if your just trying to get rid of those yellow fogs then try your luck on some led bulbs...

should be >$50 and 1hr
Old 05-25-2017, 03:25 PM
NealP
Premier Member

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts

These are the bulbs I put in my G and they look great! Only $40/pair. Less if you can find a promo code. Also replaced city lights with leds and HID bulbs to match.

https://www.diodedynamics.com/store/...t/view/id/5604

Last edited by NealP; 05-25-2017 at 04:37 PM. Reason: Added photo
Old 05-26-2017, 01:09 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Goonz-
Those morimoto housings seem to use non-removable LEDs. What happens if the LED goes, do I need to buy another housing?
I don't think they will ever go out unless your wiring craps the bed. But in the event they do, I'm sure a company such as retrofit source will accommodate you in some way. I'm not sure what the warranty is on them but I'm quite confident this won't be an issue. I would just double check to make sure you're getting the correct housing for your application. The coupe fogs have a slanted lens to them, refer to this thread for further info;
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-miss-out.html
Old 05-26-2017, 02:49 PM
SoccerFlash5

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would just change out the bulb to an LED one, that's what I did with mine (Diode Dynamics XML2) ultra bright as hell and it matches the same exact 6000k color of my Diode Dynamics HID low beams. Unless you really want a different color hue for the fogs. Everything stayed stock besides the bulbs.
Old 05-28-2017, 04:46 PM
G_Luv

Originally Posted by Goonz
I don't think they will ever go out unless your wiring craps the bed. But in the event they do, I'm sure a company such as retrofit source will accommodate you in some way. I'm not sure what the warranty is on them but I'm quite confident this won't be an issue. I would just double check to make sure you're getting the correct housing for your application. The coupe fogs have a slanted lens to them, refer to this thread for further info;
https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sed...-miss-out.html
Yeah, I checked and the Morimotos have a 10 year warranty. I ended up ordering the fitted Morimoto LEDs, they're compatible with the non-sport bumper '10-'15 G sedans. Gonna install them next week after I finish moving. Aesthetics are great and all, but still having some functionality is always nice.
Old 05-28-2017, 07:43 PM
Goonz
Premier Member

Received 60 Likes on 54 Posts
Yeah, I checked and the Morimotos have a 10 year warranty. I ended up ordering the fitted Morimoto LEDs, they're compatible with the non-sport bumper '10-'15 G sedans. Gonna install them next week after I finish moving. Aesthetics are great and all, but still having some functionality is always nice.
Thats fantastic! Post pis when you install, good luck and enjoy!
Old 06-02-2017, 12:18 PM
G_Luv

I installed the Morimoto LEDs yesterday, here's some pics:

The color hue matches the HID headlights almost perfectly, and the cutoff and brightness is so much better than the stock fogs there's basically no comparison. These were a perfect plug and play for the G, only caveat is due to the wiring the fogs turn off when the hi beams are turned on. Seems a little unusual, but not a big deal.