MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Buying a used 2010 G37x, Need Advice! (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/282107-buying-a-used-2010-g37x-need-advice.html)

RemmysG37 04-11-2017 07:24 PM

Buying a used 2010 G37x, Need Advice!

Hello everyone, I want some help deciding on a used 2010-2011 G37x/xS (Auto). Im located in Calgary, AB, Canada. They go between 15-20k with under 70k miles or 13-16k CAD if im lucky.

Used to own a 2008 G35xS 4 years ago but had to get rid of it due to college. Now im again leaning towards the G37x because its just a timeless design and too much bang for your buck with rock solid reliability and my previous car proved all that except the G37x is a better vehicle in regards to the 35xS.

The reason im asking here today even after my own research/experience is because my previous G35xS had a jerky transmission (Automatic) and I took good care of the vehicle and it was still under warranty.

I was wondering if this issue is a long term problem or just a jerky transmission? For me its a livable situation even if it is like that since its such a great buy in other aspects. Other than are there any other places to look for, all cars come with car proof and previous history, I dont purchase cars without that anyways.

Thank you!

Crypnoticism 04-16-2017 09:18 AM

I do believe there is a software update that came out this year for the transmission that addresses any of the jerky gear changes you can get. I grabbed a 10 last week, mine feels great thus far, but i am getting a tranny flush next week. Hopefully it goes well lol

Anyways, i prowled craiglist, cargurus, edmonds etc etc for weeks before i pulled the trigger. You really just need to check out each potential buy in person before getting worked up mentally. i was disappointed a few times, The feel, and look is always different in person, and obviously service records, more the better. Mine had 52 records on history which was awesome. Also find a reputable 3rd party mechanic that has experience with infiniti. Just being a car mechanic doesn't make you infiniti knowledgeable. I brought mine to a guy who worked the auctions for 15 years, and had a lot of infiniti work under his belt for a inspection before the purchase. After that it's really up to fate, and gut instinct. Listen to them as they are running. So much can be found just by a engine noise.

Also being in Canada i would think rust is something to look for. I'm in the Boston area so it was a concern for me as well.
I do believe the corrosion warranty runs out at the 7 year marker.

Also check the boots on the steering assembly for any leakage. It is a known issue on some. I replaced mine before i drove off the lot as it showed the first stage of a seal leak. There's no L+R rack and pinion on this car, it's a all in one unit. It's a pricey fix due to labor hours 4-5 hours for most, but the part carries a decent core charge, and probably needs to be ordered.