Sponsored by:

Vibrant Resonators

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2016, 05:25 PM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Received 357 Likes on 249 Posts
Vibrant Resonators

Ok so before the lynching, yes Ive searched for days now and have read various threads but still some have mixed feels and responses.

I have Stillen CBE paired with Stillen HFC's and im having rasp from 2500-37/3800k range.

Stillen is 2.25" for thise that care.

Im looking at getting the 12" 2.25 Vibrant Resonators and want to hear from any of you who have personally installed them in the past or have heard cars with them. Whats your feedback on them? Issues? Did it eliminate rasp? Increase/decrease exhuast note?
Old 10-28-2016, 07:55 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

wow nobody has these installed?
Old 10-28-2016, 08:39 AM
Bravo at
Premier Member

Received 38 Likes on 34 Posts
Thinking of the same here. 18" resonators to replace the resonators on Tanabe mid-pipe. I'm a vet. The drone gets me sometimes, let alone all the ringing in my ears.

Advice: look at the diameter of the Vibrant resonators and check for heat shield clearance. A quality exhaust shop can knock out the work in no time.

Berk HFCs with full Tanabe exhaust.
Old 10-28-2016, 08:43 AM
Nitro15
Registered Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I don't think replacing your resonators will help with eliminating the rasp your experiencing. I'm not an expert but nearly every exhaust review I've read on here seems to say that non-oem high flow cats are the cause of rasp in most setups. Did you install both the high flow cats and exhaust at the same time?
Old 10-28-2016, 09:23 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Originally Posted by Daddy Fat Sacs
Ok so before the lynching, yes Ive searched for days now and have read various threads but still some have mixed feels and responses.

I have Stillen CBE paired with Stillen HFC's and im having rasp from 2500-37/3800k range.

Stillen is 2.25" for thise that care.

Im looking at getting the 12" 2.25 Vibrant Resonators and want to hear from any of you who have personally installed them in the past or have heard cars with them. Whats your feedback on them? Issues? Did it eliminate rasp? Increase/decrease exhuast note?[
It's really hard to compare someone else's exhaust setup to our Stillen and use it as a direct comparison. If I were you, I'd try the Vibrant Ultra Quiet bottle resonator which I believe is an 18''. It's just going to be trial and error.

On the flip side, you can make the exhaust quieter and still have rasp.
The following users liked this post:
Bravo at (10-30-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:15 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Nitro15
I don't think replacing your resonators will help with eliminating the rasp your experiencing. I'm not an expert but nearly every exhaust review I've read on here seems to say that non-oem high flow cats are the cause of rasp in most setups. Did you install both the high flow cats and exhaust at the same time?
Not all HFC's cause rasp, it all depends on diameter as well as what its paired with in my experience.

I've had my Stllen exhaust for years now, no rasp, I have also had Motordyne art pipes, RFIHFC, Top Speed TP, and now the Stillen HFC's have been on for about a month give or take. All previous setups had rasp, some worse than others.

Originally Posted by MaQG37
It's really hard to compare someone else's exhaust setup to our Stillen and use it as a direct comparison. If I were you, I'd try the Vibrant Ultra Quiet bottle resonator which I believe is an 18''. It's just going to be trial and error.

On the flip side, you can make the exhaust quieter and still have rasp.
I looked at the ultra quite, but thats not what i'm looking to do. By no means do I want my exhaust quieter....the sound and gurgle I get when downshifting is orgasmic.

The cats have brought the exhaust to life that much more and when I control the throttle...its amazing. Its when i'm getting hard on the pedal or WOT is when the rasp screams.

Was hoping to have some who've actually installed them provide feedback. I've read where it made the rasp go away completely and exhaust note/decibel stayed the same and then I've read where it made the exhaust quieter...again has to all go back on exhaust components and which size resonators. The more I type this out, the more I'm in agreement its just going to be trial and error by myself.

I think the 18" may be too long, as there not alot of places these can be stuck in.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:21 AM
MaQG37
Registered Member

Received 208 Likes on 166 Posts
Not all HFC's cause rasp, it all depends on diameter as well as what its paired with in my experience.

I've had my Stllen exhaust for years now, no rasp, I have also had Motordyne art pipes, RFIHFC, Top Speed TP, and now the Stillen HFC's have been on for about a month give or take. All previous setups had rasp, some worse than others.

I looked at the ultra quite, but thats not what i'm looking to do. By no means do I want my exhaust quieter....the sound and gurgle I get when downshifting is orgasmic.

The cats have brought the exhaust to life that much more and when I control the throttle...its amazing. Its when i'm getting hard on the pedal or WOT is when the rasp screams.

Was hoping to have some who've actually installed them provide feedback. I've read where it made the rasp go away completely and exhaust note/decibel stayed the same and then I've read where it made the exhaust quieter...again has to all go back on exhaust components and which size resonators. The more I type this out, the more I'm in agreement its just going to be trial and error by myself.

I think the 18" may be too long, as there not alot of places these can be stuck in.

The people who installed the resonators and had the rasp go away have a different catback. Different exhaust diameter, resonator length, resonator brand, muffler brand, and the diameter of the HFC/Test pipe. There is so many different variables, you see where I am going with this?

Keep me updated man, I'm interested to see your outcome. I love the raw volume of the RTP's, but cutting down the rasp would be cool too.
Old 10-28-2016, 10:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Nitro15
I'm not an expert but nearly every exhaust review I've read on here seems to say that non-oem high flow cats are the cause of rasp in most setups.
...which is why some people go with the resonated cats from Fast Intentions.

I had my exhaust configured with 18" resonators on 2.5" pipes.

The plan all along was to modulate the fck out of the exhaust resonance, not to muffle it. Years later, I've been exceedingly happy with the results.

Bravo at (10-30-2016)
Old 10-28-2016, 10:59 AM
Daddy Fat Sacs
Registered Member

John, already had RFIHFC, still rasp...and correct me if I'm wrong but thought all the FI sedan cbe came in 2.25"? It was one of the reasons why I picked FI to pair up with my Stillen. All coupe come in 2.5"

As for the 18" resonators...the Stillen has them built in as well...I never measured them..but almost certain they are 12". I'm actually talking about adding another resonator on in between the Y and mufflers...or maybe replacing the Stillen ones with some 18"
Old 10-28-2016, 11:04 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
John, already had RFIHFC, still rasp...and correct me if I'm wrong but thought all the FI sedan cbe came in 2.25"? It was one of the reasons why I picked FI to pair up with my Stillen. All coupe come in 2.5"
2.5" pipes for the sedan configuration is a $100 upgrade option. Not really sure how the price increase is justified on their end, but I was able to rationalize it on my end, so that's what I did.

All I can say is there's nothing about my exhaust that I would apply the word "rasp". That might be me, though, and an inherent inability to identify sounds the same way as people who can hear stereo. (I'm deaf in one ear.)
Old 10-28-2016, 12:00 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
i have the 12" - 2.25" vibrant resonators. i added them to reduce rasp/drone. they did eliminate rasp, but i do have drone at times. being a 6MT, that is easy enough to adjust for me.

if i had to do it again i'd go 18" resonators just for a bit more suppression. for the first couple weeks the sounds was 100% perfect. once the resonators burned in the slight bit of drone returned to a lesser degree. like i said above, i can change gears if it bothers me.

Last edited by canucklehead; 10-28-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Bravo at (10-30-2016)
Old 10-29-2016, 05:41 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Why not install a Magnaflow Resonated X-Pipe? From what I've read, that's one of the best things for reducing rasp.

This is my dilemma with my future exhaust setup, because I have Berk's HFC.
Old 10-29-2016, 06:23 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
I had 12" vibrants paired with tanabes with no drone or rasp. Really woke up those quiet tanabes.
I live in Ca so i don't have any HFC.
I did a muffler delete with the vibrants and that was pure hell !! Loud AF.
Hope this helps some.
Maybe stillen resonators suck and vibrants will help.
Bravo at (10-30-2016)
Old 10-30-2016, 01:13 PM
PNW_IPL
Registered Member

Received 543 Likes on 435 Posts
there are two versions.
they both are excellent in doing what they should .
the first is a bottle style it's job is to cut rasp and clean up sound. depending on the length the longer the better the job.
the second is their ultra quiet version and acts as a mini muffler it cuts rasp cleans up sound and quiets the exhaust. really solid resonator. I've used both for different setups and they do an excellent job
Old 10-31-2016, 09:28 AM
James Harden
Registered Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by guy from norcal
I had 12" vibrants paired with tanabes with no drone or rasp. Really woke up those quiet tanabes.
This is great to hear and is also what has been said a lot on here. I have the tanabes and want to wake them up a bit.