Sponsored by:

Just bought a car

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2016, 09:28 AM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Just bought a car

Hey guys. I just purchased 2010 G37. Is there any way to tell what package or what specific model it is? I think it's Journey with premium package, but not sure.

Also, from what I understand, if there is no Navigation Package on it, bluetooth streaming will not work, is that correct? If so, did anybody come out with mod to make it work?

INFI G37 BASE/S

Also let me know what you think about condition of the car, thanks
Old 07-19-2016, 09:46 AM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
I'm very curious what you paid for that. Ouch.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:00 AM
ctyke

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yeah, if you don't have nav you can't do bluetooth streaming, only phone calls (which I think requires the Premium package, which seems common). You can check all the details in the VIN decoder, which is up in the tools tab here. You can play music through the USB jack in the center console, but it seems to only work with iOS devices.

As for its condition, uhhh, well, I just hope you got it on the cheap.
Old 07-19-2016, 10:12 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Welcome to the site!
Good luck with getting everything back as it should be. Hopefully you've got some good part sources that can get what you need. So I assume it is running without issue as far as the drivetrain and electronics?
Old 07-19-2016, 11:34 AM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Thanks guys. Yeah, I got it for a really good deal.

Pretty much at auction, seller's minimum price was $4900. I bid till $3100 and the seller had one day to decide to sell it to me or to just cancel the sale. To my surprise he decided to sell it.

With shipping and bunch of other fees, I paid $5200 for it. It is in Texas and will be shipped to me to FL.

I used VIN decoder and it appears it is G37 Journey with Premium package.

I figured if there are no unknown damages, replacing front and rear windows and moonroof shouldn't be expensive. Rear seat looks pretty bad, but not sure if it will need replacement.

Over here in Florida, similar G37s with that mileage go for about $13,000 and up.

BTW I was very active member at maxima.org forum and did bunch of DIY. Looking forward to make DIYs here as well
The following users liked this post:
CRiME (07-30-2016)
Old 07-19-2016, 11:43 AM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by pahanorlando
Thanks guys. Yeah, I got it for a really good deal.

Pretty much at auction, seller's minimum price was $4900. I bid till $3100 and the seller had one day to decide to sell it to me or to just cancel the sale. To my surprise he decided to sell it.

With shipping and bunch of other fees, I paid $5200 for it. It is in Texas and will be shipped to me to FL.

I used VIN decoder and it appears it is G37 Journey with Premium package.

I figured if there are no unknown damages, replacing front and rear windows and moonroof shouldn't be expensive. Rear seat looks pretty bad, but not sure if it will need replacement.

Over here in Florida, similar G37s with that mileage go for about $13,000 and up.

BTW I was very active member at maxima.org forum and did bunch of DIY. Looking forward to make DIYs here as well
Well, for that price you can afford to have a few unexpected things pop up, keep us posted on how this turns out, wishing you the best.
Old 07-19-2016, 11:49 AM
JustVinceB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by pahanorlando
Hey guys. I just purchased 2010 G37. Is there any way to tell what package or what specific model it is? I think it's Journey with premium package, but not sure.

Also, from what I understand, if there is no Navigation Package on it, bluetooth streaming will not work, is that correct? If so, did anybody come out with mod to make it work?

INFI G37 BASE/S

Also let me know what you think about condition of the car, thanks

SATX Hail Storm Come Up?? There is alot out here with damage that people are getting at steal prices if you dont mind the damage...I almost bought a 428i but stayed true and got the G coupe to replace my 4 door!
Old 07-19-2016, 11:59 AM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Originally Posted by JustVinceB
SATX Hail Storm Come Up?? There is alot out here with damage that people are getting at steal prices if you dont mind the damage...I almost bought a 428i but stayed true and got the G coupe to replace my 4 door!
Yeah, it seems like it. I noticed there are tons flooded cars and tons with hail damage.

Hail might also mess up body a bit, but I don't think it will be very noticeable and shouldn't be tough to fix couple dents.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:44 AM
JP-77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You might only have to replace the glass back and top, the front looks to be good in the pictures. back seats maybe just a good cleaning, or worse case have them reupholstered.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:13 AM
Kb Cool
Registered Member

Received 23 Likes on 23 Posts
From the auction photos it doesn't look bad. But, i doubt the insurance company would total it for broken glass only. There's probably dings everywhere. That you can't see in the pics. When you get the car delivered post some better pics.
Old 07-20-2016, 11:37 AM
kennyz424

Received 1,498 Likes on 1,271 Posts
Welcome to the forum! For the price you paid you can fix this puppy up and flip it for a couple grand as long as the title is clean. You can also fix her up and keep her as well!
Old 07-20-2016, 02:55 PM
IracknBack
Premier Member

Received 59 Likes on 51 Posts
is nobody else seeing "estimated repair damage $12k. retail value $15k"

That's a salvaged title.

That being said though, it's a salvage title I'd be fine with owning for the most part. hail is probably the safest "total loss" possible.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:11 PM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Kb Cool
From the auction photos it doesn't look bad. But, i doubt the insurance company would total it for broken glass only. There's probably dings everywhere. That you can't see in the pics. When you get the car delivered post some better pics.
Yeah, I thought about that too. It looks like the hood might have a lot of dings. Tough to see in pics.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:12 PM
pahanorlando
Registered Member

Originally Posted by IracknBack
is nobody else seeing "estimated repair damage $12k. retail value $15k"

That's a salvaged title.

That being said though, it's a salvage title I'd be fine with owning for the most part. hail is probably the safest "total loss" possible.
I am not sure how they come up with estimated repair damage, but any car I've seen there, the estimated price is not accurate at all.
Old 07-20-2016, 04:23 PM
Bocian
Registered Member

Received 29 Likes on 18 Posts
Welcome to myg37, I came over from maxima.org and my maxima was salvage bought from iaai insurance auction. Majority of the time you can get an awesome deal but I've seen some cars that people bought from auctions that came with really bad surprises but hail danage is generally safe as long as not too much water got inside but probably every panel of that car will be in need of body work. Either way I think you got a good deal. Enjoy. Check this forum and sites like car-part.com for parts, good luck

Quick Reply: Just bought a car