MyG37

MyG37 (https://www.myg37.com/forums/)
-   G37 Sedan (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan-348/)
-   -   Are you kidding me (https://www.myg37.com/forums/g37-sedan/275200-are-you-kidding-me.html)

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 08:05 AM

Are you kidding me

5 Attachment(s)
So my wife and I were in CVS last after the gym( Getting peanuts- and tooth brushes) LOL, while we are paying a young girl comes in and says "Anyone drive a silver Infiniti?" OH god I said to myself, I said I do :icon43:. She tells us she just watched someone smash into my car and drive off:eek:. She then tells me she grabbed their plate number THANK YOU for people like this:bowdown:. Her and her boyfriend stayed the hole time and made sure they talked to the officer!!

We go outside an whole crap my they smoked the front of my car, I call the police and let them know what happened and give them the plate number of the car the hit me and drove off. 5-6 minuets late the officer arrives and states that he found the car and they are here WOW Serious props man!! The couple that was driving the other car( Honda CRV) then decides to tell the officer a story and say that the husband was driving and not the wife" Girl and her boyfriend" both say the woman driving.. Then they said they thought they hit something, didn't hit something and left anyways, They story was all over the place, so bad the officer actually go mad and asked why are you lying? :dunno:

The woman came over to us two times and tried to apologize" Sure man only cause you got caught you frigging drove off" She was telling us how she backed up and was using the back up camera and hit the car but thought she didn't. :icon11:

At the end the officer wrote a report gave me a copy for my INS and I was on my way. Props to the Framingham police A+.

Really she thought they didn't hit me, Even scrapped the passenger wheel :crying::eek3:

jomama22 04-22-2016 08:11 AM

Free bumper respray! Lol, you gotta love the intelligence of some people. I'm glad it worked, so to speak, hopefully you get it fixed up quick.

Baadnewsburr 04-22-2016 08:28 AM

some people just suck. Glad you caught them hope it gets fixed quick.

KEG97 04-22-2016 08:30 AM

Wow- stinks for you but glad karma bit the others in the rear!

VQpoppa 04-22-2016 08:34 AM

It sucks that our hard earned $$ and time put into our cars can be taken away by some idiot. Glad they caught them.

blnewt 04-22-2016 08:34 AM

Nice to hear that the good guy won this time, doesn't seem too happen often anymore.

Hopefully you'll get that looking as new ASAP.

When we got T-boned (while eating inside a restaurant) we got the "Anyone here drive a Black Infiniti?", and that bimbo tried to flee too but her car was too jacked up.

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 08:43 AM

Am still shocked they caught them, but very happy, No just need to find a good B-shop.

MetsFan 04-22-2016 09:24 AM

That sucks mam, but glad you can get it straightened out.

Here are some body shops I've heard really good things about. Source: I'm a fellow MA resident in Andover :)

D-i-c-k's in Somerville
Sublime Restorations in South Hampton NH
Sansossio Autobody in Natick
All Wheels in Beverly

Good luck!

TannerG 04-22-2016 09:27 AM

Its amazing how some people could care so little on how their actions affect other people. Im glad there was someone there who cared enough to take their time out and make sure you saw justice. Hope it all works out.

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by MetsFan (Post 4022841)
That sucks mam, but glad you can get it straightened out.

Here are some body shops I've heard really good things about. Source: I'm a fellow MA resident in Andover :)

D-i-c-k's in Somerville
Sublime Restorations in South Hampton NH
Sansossio Autobody in Natick
All Wheels in Beverly

Good luck!

Thanx man, Because Sansossio Autobody is close to home I'm going to leave work a little early today and head over there.

dragion 04-22-2016 09:42 AM

Sorry to hear about your accident, but glad that it turned out more on a positive note regarding the situation.

Idiots of Mass-hole...can't avoid them! :eek:

Good luck on the repairs.

Presto 04-22-2016 09:43 AM

Woman driver, enough said. They could drive head on into a building and still think nothing happened.

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 09:51 AM

^^^ made me laugh, true tho, Thanx dragion we cannot get away can we LOL :)

eljoker 04-22-2016 10:11 AM

That sucks man, but at least you have their info. Question tho, what is that under the paint on the fender? Is that bondo?

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 10:16 AM

I think so, I bought the car at 58k looks like it was repaired already :/ if I remember carfax said no accidents, Wrong tho either way

iCrap 04-22-2016 10:23 AM

Yeah that looks like somebody bondo'ed it before..

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 11:43 AM

So the waiting game for now. They didn't call their INS company let, and I called and filed a claim with them, No way am I paying my deductible until my INS get's it back.

F23jeff 04-22-2016 11:48 AM

Damn you have goodluck, my hit and run was way worse.

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 11:50 AM

It's about time I've had some luck with my cars, I'm always at the short end :/

Ricio1991 04-22-2016 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by ANMVQ
So the waiting game for now. They didn't call their INS company let, and I called and filed a claim with them, No way am I paying my deductible until my INS get's it back.

Yeah good job you can just call them and file a claim yourself and they will try to contact them

qmantran 04-22-2016 11:55 AM

Problems like this is why I have a high end dash cam installed in my vehicle.

What if that young girl wasn't around to get the license plates and go inside to notify you of the incident? You would have just walked out of the store and saw the damage with no witnesses or leads.

A dash cam would have recorded the entire incident and you could send the video to your insurance company for evidence.

iCrap 04-22-2016 11:57 AM

^ i have a dashcam as well. good investment.

Selym 04-22-2016 11:58 AM

Were they charged with anything?

ANMVQ 04-22-2016 12:58 PM

Been thinking about the dash cam, buddy at work has one,

I think they got cited for leaving the scene of an accident. I saw the officer had a white paper in his hand( Citation looking ) when he was talking to us before we left.

SkyG37 04-22-2016 03:08 PM

Glad to hear it worked out for you. Looks like you have an extra ~5gs to spend on a new car if you keep it. I got hit with my Honda and kept the 6gs, sold the car for 7, and bought a G haha. But anywya, glad you're alright. I would def treat that couple who helped you to a Starbucks gift card or something, but that's just me. Anyways, good luck with the insurance company. It seems to be in your favor

qmantran 04-22-2016 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by ANMVQ (Post 4022990)
Been thinking about the dash cam, buddy at work has one,

I think they got cited for leaving the scene of an accident. I saw the officer had a white paper in his hand( Citation looking ) when he was talking to us before we left.

I would recommend getting one installed as soon as possible. The longer you just "think" about getting one is just more time a random accident can occur.

I can firmly say that any time i get in my car and drive i feel a lot better knowing i have a dashcam to record all footage whether it be accidents or street racing kills :DOMO:

jfisher 04-22-2016 03:36 PM

That's crazy. The nearly identical thing happened to me. Same spot on the car and all!

Upscale Speed 04-22-2016 03:43 PM

Sorry to hear this Mike. Hope this all works out.

kennyz424 04-22-2016 04:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I'm really glad there's still good people in the world and they got the plate number for you and the police dept solved everything for you!

Something similar but far less serious happened to me as well at a CVS! The same night I got my car vinyl wrapped (notice it's dirty bc you're supposed to wait three days after the wrap is complete to wash it) I stopped in the local CVS for some stuff.

I'm at the cashier getting ready to pay and looking outside at my car in awe over how beautiful she turned out. (Keep in mind I went from pearl white to satin black so he change was literally night and day) and I see a stupid bi*ch I'm her Honda park next to my car. Low and behold reverse parks her cat into the spot rather then parking like a Nora person and as she slams her door open BAM right into my rear fender panel.

I was in a moment of shock for about 2 seconds until i see her close her door right away, which is when I began to storm out of the store but I was to late and she speeds off. I wasn't even able to get a partial plate bc she had those stupid tinted covers over her rear licence plate but I swear whenever I see that car in the area I'm confronting the driver with or without proof.

Anyways to sum it up here's the scuff that she left which erks me everytime I look at it. I'm not trying to rewrap the entire 1/4 panel just yet it takes do much time that I just don't have currently.

Attachment 134157

Attachment 134158

j50ny 04-22-2016 05:52 PM

ANMVQ-
Glad someone was able to capture the plate # and that the cops were able to find them. It's sucks that this happened, but at least there is a bright side.

It will be good as new in no time!!

grojas112 04-22-2016 05:54 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I feel your pain man. Look what happen to me today. Was changing brake pads. Wife parked behind me. Car rolled.

crookncastle 04-23-2016 04:08 AM

wow sucks to hear such bad news. at least they caught the motherfu ucck errzz. this is what happens when society values human lives over personal property. we need to revert back to the days like the wild frontier or wild west. just like in the past horse thieves were hung without a trial, judge, or jury. we need to be able to have the right to shoot worthless trash. some low lives pieces of garbage needs to be eradicated, over 7 billion people on this planet no one is going to miss walking pieces of sshh itt.

kennyz424 04-23-2016 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by crookncastle (Post 4023310)
wow sucks to hear such bad news. at least they caught the motherfu ucck errzz. this is what happens when society values human lives over personal property. we need to revert back to the days like the wild frontier or wild west. just like in the past horse thieves were hung without a trial, judge, or jury. we need to be able to have the right to shoot worthless trash. some low lives pieces of garbage needs to be eradicated, over 7 billion people on this planet no one is going to miss walking pieces of sshh itt.

Damn... someone not have their coffee this morning or looking at the time of the post maybe one to many Irish coffees? It's a car man... you're talking about murder over a dent... Take it down a notch man... :dunno:

TheLocNar 04-23-2016 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by crookncastle (Post 4023310)

Um. No. Just. No.

crookncastle 04-24-2016 12:10 AM

its attitude like yours that allow human garbage to exist. i admit accidents do happen, but in this event the lowlife piece of human sshi tt drove away and left damages on the personal property of the poster. luckily there was a witness. i don't have a problem with having damages so as long it gets taken care of. now if there was no witness the original poster would have had incurred damages that he would have to pay out of pocket for. have sympathy for the guy who incurred damage on his/her car, not for the garbage that committed a crime by fleeing the scene of an accident.

Originally Posted by kennyz424 (Post 4023383)
Damn... someone not have their coffee this morning or looking at the time of the post maybe one to many Irish coffees? It's a car man... you're talking about murder over a dent... Take it down a notch man... :dunno:

kennyz424 04-24-2016 02:58 AM

Originally Posted by crookncastle (Post 4023553)
its attitude like yours that allow human garbage to exist. i admit accidents do happen, but in this event the lowlife piece of human sshi tt drove away and left damages on the personal property of the poster. luckily there was a witness. i don't have a problem with having damages so as long it gets taken care of. now if there was no witness the original poster would have had incurred damages that he would have to pay out of pocket for. have sympathy for the guy who incurred damage on his/her car, not for the garbage that committed a crime by fleeing the scene of an accident.

Read page 2 post #29 ... you don't see me going all Neo-Nazi. :bowrofl: Attitude like mine that allows human garbage to exist? Listen I'm all for making someone bite a curb if they do something so stupid as a hit and run bc they are pieces of sh it, that we do agree on. All I implied is you took it to another level. Take it easyyyyyyyyyyyy we on the same side. :33::33:

ANMVQ 04-26-2016 09:52 AM

So today I still had no word from their INS company I called them and was told they hadn't talked to their insured yet :/ and no liability had been taking yet. Look I know they have to go through steps, but your insured hit me went home, Police brought them back, made a report and cited them for leaving. What are you waiting for?

kennyz424 04-26-2016 09:57 AM

Worst part of insurance is the waiting game man. What insurance do you have? There's so many companies that get the claim settled right away. I believe Geico is one of them.

Falker11 04-26-2016 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by ANMVQ (Post 4024355)
So today I still had no word from their INS company I called them and was told they hadn't talked to their insured yet :/ and no liability had been taking yet. Look I know they have to go through steps, but your insured hit me went home, Police brought them back, made a report and cited them for leaving. What are you waiting for?

Such BS. But given the police report hopefully things start moving along for you.
Do you think getting your inns involved could help to put pressure on their inns company? Just a thought.

ANMVQ 04-26-2016 10:55 AM

I have progressive, and they wanted me to pay my Dect,$1000 then get refunded when the get the funds from the other INS. I know the car probably wouldn't be fix before the claim is settled but I have had bad luck lately

They have liberty Mutual BTW

DiamondPPF 04-26-2016 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by ANMVQ (Post 4022846)
Thanx man, Because Sansossio Autobody is close to home I'm going to leave work a little early today and head over there.

I'm new to the forum (looking for a g37) and also from MA. I've personally had work done by Sansossio and he does great work! I also highly recommend Pierce Collision in Natick. They did an excellent job on my moms Audi and my friends Toyota.

stealthee 04-26-2016 04:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
At least the damage is small and they got the people. I had my own drama of a hit and run this weekend, except a little more severe.

To make an extremely long story short as possible. Heard big BOOM in middle of night. Run downstairs, find car slammed into my porch with driver trying to free car. Try to stop driver. Driver runs on foot with me in chase (barefoot in the rain down the street). When driver ducks behind a house I decide to let the cops get him.

Cops show up, take report, ask me to look at photo on their screen. Few minutes later car is reported "stolen", cops leave to investigate. Hour or so later cops call me to tell me the driver was arrested for DUI.

I have a ton of pics, but this is the result

Attachment 134106

Attachment 134107

iCrap 04-26-2016 04:48 PM

RIP front porch. At least the actual house didn't get hit... that'd be bad.

Drunk driver ran into a tree in my yard a few years ago. also tried to drive away. Some people are so dumb.

stealthee 04-26-2016 08:50 PM

Yeah, honestly from the sound I heard (sounded like an explosion), I thought I was going to find a car in my living room when I came downstairs.

ANMVQ 04-27-2016 08:30 AM

stealthee- Gees man WOW, People are dumb :/

But question can someone explain to me how my INS can ask for the dect? I have never had to pay that before when someone else crashed into me. They would just chase the other INS for the $$. Sounds to me like me like BS.

I had the tire rub on the wheel well again on the way home last night( HWY bump)

iCrap 04-27-2016 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by ANMVQ (Post 4024801)
stealthee- Gees man WOW, People are dumb :/

But question can someone explain to me how my INS can ask for the dect? I have never had to pay that before when someone else crashed into me. They would just chase the other INS for the $$. Sounds to me like me like BS.

I had the tire rub on the wheel well again on the way home last night( HWY bump)

Did you call your insurance and go through them? Or did you call the other guy's insurance?

If you go through yours they usually do make you pay the deductible, and then they try to get it from the other guys ins. (which i think dosen't always happen)

If you just go right through the other guy's insurance (which you should) thhen you don't pay anything.

ANMVQ 04-27-2016 08:57 AM

That's what I thought. Thanx man, I really want to go through the others but they are dragging their feet. It's been almost a week and they still haven't talked to the people who hit me :/. An being anal about my car I can't stand driving it banged up , LOL .. I just want it fixed.

Bocian 04-27-2016 09:04 AM

I had a hit and run happen to me a few years back, sadly no one got the plate since it was in the middle of the night. Had to go through my own insurance. I also got t-boned at the end of last year, ended up going through my own insurance (state farm) instead of waiting for Geico. It's been almost 5 months, the fault was his and my insurance has been trying to get my deductible back, still waiting...
OP, this is a good opportunity to for a 2010+ conversion :BOUNCE:
Either way, hope you get everything sorted out
And I'd get that case girl a gift card or something, good promotes more good

ANMVQ 04-27-2016 09:16 AM

Thanx Bocain, Are you kidding me 5 months, So your still waiting to get your deductible back, that's craziness.

Yea I got her address a few days ago and will be sending her a gift card from a local restaurant for her and her boyfriend :)

2010+ conversion, Would be nice but don't think they be enough cash for it.

ANMVQ 04-27-2016 01:37 PM

So spoke the INS today they accept fault,The rep was actually very nice :).

But now I need a place to fix it. Both places a thought about are not talking cars till may 9th:/

ANMVQ 05-03-2016 07:12 AM

So update car is going to Imperial auto llc in Wilmington MA tomorrow. They wil lbe starting the repairs on Thursday, Hopefully I get it back before the 13th,( have a wedding to go to) and don't want to be in a rental :/. Anyone know this place here? YELP was really good

G37Xtreme 05-03-2016 08:16 AM

I was involved in a hit-and-run that totaled my 1998 Toyota Corolla (my first ever NEW car).

Some Angels nearby got the tag as it sped off. I am thankful.

Falker11 05-03-2016 08:43 AM

Good luck with the repairs
what was the $$ estimate?

ANMVQ 05-03-2016 10:01 AM

I don't have a estimate yet :/. They still haven't looked at the car. I was supposed to drive to a drive in appraisal on Friday but got swapped at work, so asked about a local shop that is preferred by them and came up with Imperial

ChinkyChoy 05-03-2016 12:52 PM

I had to pay the deductible $500 because the woman who hit me didn't have insurance (she stopped paying a month before the accident so the insurance company terminated her) I took her to a small claims court which she failed to show so I won. It only took the city about 4-5 months to collect the money and tell me to get the check. She also lied to the cop and gave them the non valid insurance card and her drivers license which had the wrong address so trying to summon her to court was a pain in the a$$. I called the local PD who assigned a detective to the case and managed to track her down so I can summon her. They were extremely helpful and quick! while he was there they issued her another citation for not having insurance LOL

kennyz424 05-03-2016 02:19 PM

Damn that's what happens when you drive uninsured! Sounds like she got a good screwing lolol

Ricio1991 05-03-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by ChinkyChoy
I had to pay the deductible $500 because the woman who hit me didn't have insurance (she stopped paying a month before the accident so the insurance company terminated her) I took her to a small claims court which she failed to show so I won. It only took the city about 4-5 months to collect the money and tell me to get the check. She also lied to the cop and gave them the non valid insurance card and her drivers license which had the wrong address so trying to summon her to court was a pain in the a$$. I called the local PD who assigned a detective to the case and managed to track her down so I can summon her. They were extremely helpful and quick! while he was there they issued her another citation for not having insurance LOL

Same thing happened to me I actually got in a big wreck and flipped with my Pontiac and the driver was drunk and uninsured but at the time she presented expired insurance come to find out she was uninsured like two days after the accident when Geico calls me so since she was drunk they asked me if I wanted to press charges so i went after restitution and she's paying me 100 a month and owes kbb value for my car.

stealthee 05-03-2016 04:20 PM

My landlord is still waiting on insurance info and the police report. They said as long as the driver had insurance they are going to let their insurance repair/replace the porch. If he didn't have insurance then they have a contractor they will put on it. If the contractor is busy my one uncle does stuff like this and I will see if he is available.

I hope it's taken care of soon. Mowing around the extraneous supports they have supporting the roof and using the back door are getting old fast.

ANMVQ 05-03-2016 04:35 PM

Talk about no INS, I got hit 3 years ago in my G37X coupe by a guy making an illegal uturn( on my street 3 houses away) on my way to work with the wife, guy had no license, NO INS, and didn't speak English well. Police made NO report they pretty much did nothing but harass me about my cars drop and tints( Legal BTW) I had to pay my dec $1000 to get the car fixed, whole thing was a FN nightmare as the first place I went to gave me back the car with the passenger fender BROWN!! Color was obsidian black :/

stealthee 05-03-2016 06:28 PM

And stuff like that, boys and girls, is why I carry only a $250 deductible. The "savings" of a higher deductible just isn't worth it.

ChinkyChoy 05-03-2016 06:41 PM

Also i managed to get a brand new ARK CBE because the mufflers "may" have been damaged so they replaced the mufflers and gave me the old mufflers along with the new piping and i sold that :D