G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Old 08-10-2018, 09:33 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
In the meantime, blast your dipstick handle with black paint. Since it's a rubber textured surface, use a paint for plastics maybe. It won't look as nice as ZeeToyz's cover, but will still look better in black than yellow.

Four Stillen logos, huh? That seems like overkill. Maybe roll those couplers over so the logo is out of sight, and keep the stickers on your mid-pipes. Or ditch the red stickers too. Or do nothing... just thinking out loud. Your car, Entcee.
I really want to remove the huge Stillen stickers, just hoping the finish underneath is flawless. I will also be rotating the couplers... and not sure when, but plan to get 6 more (yikes) P2M clamps so the entire intake will have P2M.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:22 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Entcee
Thanks! I know how picky you can be so it means a lot

I really did not come up with the idea, so sure!! I am getting some laser cut, maybe the forum would let me do a group buy. Could offer plain, brushed, etched, logo etched, etc..
I was gonna ask how'd you get such a clean cut, but then thought about all the ways, and laser didn't come to mind. I'm down to buy one but I think this weekend I'm going to try cutting and sanding doubt it will come out as clean as yours, but I've got nothing to do this weekend :P.
Old 08-10-2018, 10:34 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Originally Posted by DollHouz
I was gonna ask how'd you get such a clean cut, but then thought about all the ways, and laser didn't come to mind. I'm down to buy one but I think this weekend I'm going to try cutting and sanding doubt it will come out as clean as yours, but I've got nothing to do this weekend :P.
This one was just cut with a Dremel using a paper template. Patience and a steady hand helped, but it is not perfect. The laser cut ones will be perfect!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:36 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

This one was just cut with a Dremel using a paper template. Oh, patience and a steady hand helped but it is not perfect. The laser cut ones will be perfect!
I was gonna use a nibbler but i like the dremel idea better im gonna take a whack this weekend, but keep my eyes out for the laser cut ones!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:45 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

I was gonna use a nibbler but i like the dremel idea better im gonna take a whack this weekend, but keep my eyes out for the laser cut ones!
It's .55mm stainless and went through 3 cutting wheels. The laser cut ones will be 1mm thick. Post the results of your weekend project when completed!
Old 08-10-2018, 10:56 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

It's .55mm stainless and went through 3 cutting wheels. The laser cut ones will be 1mm thick. Post the results of your weekend project when completed!
Will do, brainstorming some logos as we speak :P.

Also if you go through to a laser cutter and they need autocad drawings for it let me know, I do it for a living so I'll give whatever they need. ( i believe the laser cutters can still use autocad renders)
Old 08-10-2018, 11:06 AM
Entcee
Premier Member

Will do, brainstorming some logos as we speak :P.

Also if you go through to a laser cutter and they need autocad drawings for it let me know, I do it for a living so I'll give whatever they need. ( i believe the laser cutters can still use autocad renders)
They can, but they also take vector art, and I have a vector eps of the design, but I really appreciate the offer!
Old 08-10-2018, 11:08 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

They can, but they also take vector art, and I have a vector eps of the design, but I really appreciate the offer!
Ok and no problem
Old 08-10-2018, 11:35 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
I'm going off on a tangent here, but since you're laser cutting, here is an idea I've used before that looks sick. Basically its a 3 layer stack. 2 metal plates and one coloured lexan to match your bay. You do the logo cutout on the first plate and the lexan. Optional to make the design in the lexan a bit smaller so you end up with a nice coloured step. Also, if using a high end laser cutter that can cut at an angle, a nice bevel in the lexan looks dope too. Then the last plate is just the base plate. If youre really crazy, you can wire some LEDs inside this sandwich and have it light up when the car is running lol.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:01 PM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Originally Posted by hexotic
I'm going off on a tangent here, but since you're laser cutting, here is an idea I've used before that looks sick. Basically its a 3 layer stack. 2 metal plates and one coloured lexan to match your bay. You do the logo cutout on the first plate and the lexan. Optional to make the design in the lexan a bit smaller so you end up with a nice coloured step. Also, if using a high end laser cutter that can cut at an angle, a nice bevel in the lexan looks dope too. Then the last plate is just the base plate. If youre really crazy, you can wire some LEDs inside this sandwich and have it light up when the car is running lol.
In all honesty this sounds cool (definitely will be a bit much to a few people) but if done right could be really awesome looking.
Old 08-10-2018, 12:05 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
I really like that idea! I think it would look really nice!
Old 08-11-2018, 07:09 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 587 Likes on 392 Posts
Just a little from me today. Wrapped the tubes in heat reflective tape as well. Still unsure if this will do anything, but we'll see. Phone's focus still weirdly stuck bottom left.
next, I have to fix those battery and brake fluid covers. Haven't done the final metallic coat on them.

The following users liked this post:
blnewt (08-12-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 02:19 PM
canucklehead

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts
welp, i spent a few hours under and inside my car 'de-modding' it for potential sale (booo...). i pulled off the eibach sways, replaced the tire/wheel combo to stock (my others didn't have TPMS and no buyer wants to see the dash indicator light), pulled out the premium floor mats & trunk mat, re+re'd the carsmo ***** for the stock plastic ones. everything back to stock. i decided to leave the midnight grille, front chin lip, trunk lip, illuminated kickplates - too much of a pain to re+re those.

if i change vehicles, and depending on how i sell the G37 in the event of a change, i may include a few things from above. if i trade-in, everything will be sold separately since it will not help the valuation. if i sell privately, i may sweeten the deal with some accessories, etc. but until i test drive the car i am eyeing (genesis g70), everything is subject to change.

even if i don't sell i wanted to go back to stock S sways, and i can easily replace the loose accessory bits to dress the car back up. the parking lot i use for work and my garage approach have goofy approach angles and i almost always lift wheels and spin, which i'm tired of. i loved that mod more than most, but the S sways are not horrible now that i'm back on them. i'm sure i'll take a lashing for this change on here, but maybe i'm getting old and don't care anymore...
Old 08-13-2018, 02:34 PM
VQ37VHR13
Registered Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Got those rays on now. I just need to find some time to drop her now. I'll probably end up powdercoating the wheels too.
Old 08-13-2018, 02:47 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by canucklehead
welp, i spent a few hours under and inside my car 'de-modding' it for potential sale (booo...). i pulled off the eibach sways, replaced the tire/wheel combo to stock (my others didn't have TPMS and no buyer wants to see the dash indicator light), pulled out the premium floor mats & trunk mat, re+re'd the carsmo ***** for the stock plastic ones. everything back to stock. i decided to leave the midnight grille, front chin lip, trunk lip, illuminated kickplates - too much of a pain to re+re those.

if i change vehicles, and depending on how i sell the G37 in the event of a change, i may include a few things from above. if i trade-in, everything will be sold separately since it will not help the valuation. if i sell privately, i may sweeten the deal with some accessories, etc. but until i test drive the car i am eyeing (genesis g70), everything is subject to change.

even if i don't sell i wanted to go back to stock S sways, and i can easily replace the loose accessory bits to dress the car back up. the parking lot i use for work and my garage approach have goofy approach angles and i almost always lift wheels and spin, which i'm tired of. i loved that mod more than most, but the S sways are not horrible now that i'm back on them. i'm sure i'll take a lashing for this change on here, but maybe i'm getting old and don't care anymore...
Wow, we're going to be down a couple 6MT sedans soon. Good luck.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?