Received 4,940 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Nice OEM Rays there Carpenter, quality wheel & quality fit!^^^
Old 06-22-2018, 05:55 PM
-ZS-Carpenter
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by blnewt
Nice OEM Rays there Carpenter, quality wheel & quality fit!^^^
got a good deal on them local, nice powder coating and they fit the sedan almost perfectly.
Old 06-22-2018, 10:50 PM
JustROLLIN
Registered Member

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts
Love those wheels. Nicely done. I wanted a set, but everything I found was $1k plus. Far too much, so I ended up settling on a set of M45S wheels and tires for $500. Jealous man.
Old 06-23-2018, 06:35 AM
-ZS-Carpenter
Registered Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by JustROLLIN
Love those wheels. Nicely done. I wanted a set, but everything I found was $1k plus. Far too much, so I ended up settling on a set of M45S wheels and tires for $500. Jealous man.
I got them for $400 and he gave me a matching front he claims is bent or wont balance. I'm going to see if it's repairable and if not it will make cool wall art in the garage
Old 06-23-2018, 10:18 AM
EcstaticG37XS
Registered Member

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts
Originally Posted by defektion
I just replaced my struts/shocks on all four corners on my X with KYB Excel G's. Needless to say, the job took longer than expected as this was my first time doing it on any of my vehicles but with a little patience and perseverance, I got it done.
How is the ride with the KYB's? same as stock or stiffer?

I'm debating on whether to get these KYB's and swift springs or coilovers.
Old 06-23-2018, 01:59 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Received 48 Likes on 30 Posts
Guys, I had a quick question. Does Tein still make the street basis Z for the G37 Sedan? And if so, are they still around the price point of 450-550$? Everytime I google for it, I see a bunch companies selling them for $650+. Also, they don't seem to be listed on the Tein Website anymore when you search for coilovers for a G37 Sedan . Weird.

The only company I see thats $495 is ConceptZ but they are not an authorized dealer according to Tein, meaning if I ever do warranty work, it creates a longer and harder process versus purchasing from an actual authorized dealer.

Only reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into buying these over the swift springs because if I ordered the swift springs, I would most likely need new shocks as I am at 87k on my current ones. And purchasing some Konis would increase my price with the swift to about 1000$+.

Thanks guys.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:08 PM
VibrantSedan13
Registered Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by SkyG37
Guys, I had a quick question. Does Tein still make the street basis Z for the G37 Sedan? And if so, are they still around the price point of 450-550$? Everytime I google for it, I see a bunch companies selling them for $650+. Also, they don't seem to be listed on the Tein Website anymore when you search for coilovers for a G37 Sedan . Weird.

The only company I see thats $495 is ConceptZ but they are not an authorized dealer according to Tein, meaning if I ever do warranty work, it creates a longer and harder process versus purchasing from an actual authorized dealer.

Only reason I'm asking is because I'm looking into buying these over the swift springs because if I ordered the swift springs, I would most likely need new shocks as I am at 87k on my current ones. And purchasing some Konis would increase my price with the swift to about 1000$+.

Thanks guys.

I just purchased mine from b2autodesigns. They were 525 shipped. I also looked on the tein website, and it wasnt there. Maybe they are about to discontinue them
Old 06-23-2018, 02:20 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

They still make them, never listed for the sedan though, the coupe part# also works for sedan.

Here's one trusted vendor
https://thmotorsports.com/10455475-t...4aAt5oEALw_wcB

And a google for other sites, the top ones listed are reputable, others at your own risk
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...HeaTBp0Q6SQIXw
Old 06-23-2018, 02:22 PM
presidentsdad
Registered Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Added a couple of enhancements

(Finally) added my 4DSC stickers and a new one that I came across on Instagram the other day.

(No idea why the pix are rotated, when I view them on my PC they are upright. When you click on them they are upright, but not in the actual post. Sigh....
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_0876.jpg   What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_0902.jpg  
Old 06-23-2018, 02:22 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by VibrantSedan13
I just purchased mine from b2autodesigns. They were 525 shipped. I also looked on the tein website, and it wasnt there. Maybe they are about to discontinue them
Im not sure if they are going to discontinue them because I called them about a week ago. They said they were out of stock and were going to get a shipment in in about a week or so. I'm going to give a call on Monday and see what's up.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:24 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
The price gap isn’t as big when you factor in the camber kit or whatever you need to get the rear alignment dialed in, especially if you’re paying a shop to do it. IMO Konis are the better shock.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:29 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by blnewt
They still make them, never listed for the sedan though, the coupe part# also works for sedan.

Here's one trusted vendor
https://thmotorsports.com/10455475-t...4aAt5oEALw_wcB

And a google for other sites, the top ones listed are reputable, others at your own risk
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...HeaTBp0Q6SQIXw
Alright thanks for the info. So from my understanding, the coupe / sedan RWD both use the same coilover system ? I will probably use the TH since you recommend them, and I will purchase it once my car is out the shop (it got hit ).

And then I remember you mentioned I would need at MINIMUM, rear control arm / camber. Do you have any recommendations for those? I'm assuming SPC, but are these the correct ones? https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...s-p-10766.html

Sorry, I've never worked on suspension on my vehicles before. Only exhausts / bolt ons
Old 06-23-2018, 02:36 PM
SkyG37
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
The price gap isn’t as big when you factor in the camber kit or whatever you need to get the rear alignment dialed in, especially if you’re paying a shop to do it. IMO Konis are the better shock.
I agree from my reading that Konis are the better shock for sure. From my reading, the Tein Street Basis Z is literally the entry point coilover. I heard it is doable on the street, but not so doable on the track (which makes sense). I heard the ride can be bouncy (on newer roads / over speed bumps), but I feel like my sport suspension is ALREADY bouncy.

The thing with Koni + Swift setup is that it would cost me $300 for the swift plus $1000+ for the Konis. A local shop quoted me $250 for installing just the coilover setup so I'm assuming an extra $100-150 for the installation of the rear camber arms. This would put me at about $1500-$1600 for the Swift + Konis. This doesn't include the price of the SPC Rear Camber Arms as well which would add an extra $150?

On the other hand, the Tein Street Basis Z would cost me $525 + installation (~$350-400) + SPC $150 puts me at around $1000 for everything installed.

So I'm assuming the price difference is about ~$500. The only reason I am going for the cheaper setup is because I heard decently good things about the Tein Street Basis Z and I am just trying to eliminate the ugly wheel gap (or reduce it) so my car flows better with my Motordyne Exhaust (4x4 with a MD exhaust looks kinda funny). I was going to keep the stock 18" sport wheels and buy a spacer for the front, at least for now.

Thanks for the advice. I'll definately keep reading up. I saw 4DRZ has a thread going regarding the difference between a few different suspension systems, so I'll continue to read that.
Old 06-23-2018, 02:45 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Originally Posted by SkyG37
Alright thanks for the info. So from my understanding, the coupe / sedan RWD both use the same coilover system ? I will probably use the TH since you recommend them, and I will purchase it once my car is out the shop (it got hit ).

And then I remember you mentioned I would need at MINIMUM, rear control arm / camber. Do you have any recommendations for those? I'm assuming SPC, but are these the correct ones? https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...s-p-10766.html

Sorry, I've never worked on suspension on my vehicles before. Only exhausts / bolt ons
Not familiar w/ the Z1 camber arms, you will also need toe bolt kit (this involves elongating toe slot for more range). I use the SPC set, you will need 2 of these
https://www.google.com/shopping/prod...HYWPAqgQ6SQIXQ

Good luck deciding which suspension products to choose, many good options for sure, enough to keep you up at night or at least a few head-spins

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?