G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Old 05-14-2018, 07:56 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
I’m surprised they couldn’t get front camber closer to spec. It’s usually the rear that’s the issue

Last edited by Lego_Maniac; 05-15-2018 at 06:04 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 05-14-2018, 09:05 PM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Received 584 Likes on 391 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I’m surprised they couldn’t get front camber closer to spec. It’s usually the rear that’s the iws
Nah, Im the same way, -2.2 on both fronts, and dialed the rear in from -2.8 to -1.9. My front is still -2.2 and its absolutely fine. In fact, because of the caster, much grippier during turns. My Yokohama Advan Sports from last year were worn almost completely evenly. 1mm difference between the inside and outside tread after 40k km. I would try to dial the rear in though. Car wasnt putting down 100% power to the ground because of the camber at full throttle (note this is at almost -3° though). Barely noticeable, but overtime costs you in gas and tires.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:03 AM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
So I had the alignment done at another Firestone that supposedly had the specific lift needed for lowered cars. A mechanic from one of the Firestones directed me to this specific one to have it done and I guess it worked out. I still agree with Rochester though on the profiling.
I still don;t get this ....I think you were definitely profiled...any alignment shop that I've ever been "too low" for has just put a couple of pieces of wood in font of the ramps to get me up and we were good to go...
Old 05-18-2018, 12:08 AM
Saltman
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts
My super duper project to prepare for import alliance Alabama in July.
1) Action camera mount from pvc piping on headrest.
2) Custom vinyl wrap highlights
3) Airlift V2 install
Got a few more things to do and finish but that install was a beast. I'll never be doing it myself again that's for sure.

Old 05-18-2018, 12:17 AM
mvx
Registered Member

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Nice! How do you like the air lift?
Old 05-18-2018, 06:23 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,563 Likes on 3,421 Posts
Originally Posted by Saltman
I think I like that Partridge Family wrap over the glove box. It works in a creative sort of way, and the colors are in keeping with your car. Pretty cool stuff, OP. But then you went and put the same wrap on the shifter trim, and that ruins the look. IMO, the shifter trim would look better in the same wrap as your center console.

Not to focus on the least expensive project, but that's what I'm thinking off the top of my head. Either way, damn impressive hobby, Saltman.

Last edited by Rochester; 05-18-2018 at 06:30 AM.
Old 05-18-2018, 08:31 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Was able to get this installed yesterday very fun install was able to get in without removing bumper which was nice. Might grab 2 filters and make it a dual but this shall do for now.
Old 05-18-2018, 09:12 AM
Saltman
Registered Member

Received 80 Likes on 29 Posts
Originally Posted by mvx
Nice! How do you like the air lift?
Hated the install. Rides nice. Still need to do some adjusting though.

Originally Posted by Rochester
I think I like that Partridge Family wrap over the glove box. It works in a creative sort of way, and the colors are in keeping with your car. Pretty cool stuff, OP. But then you went and put the same wrap on the shifter trim, and that ruins the look. IMO, the shifter trim would look better in the same wrap as your center console.

Not to focus on the least expensive project, but that's what I'm thinking off the top of my head. Either way, damn impressive hobby, Saltman.
I see your point. I had the shifter trim in the same wrap as console and was testing little highlighted areas. Didn't want to overdue it. I may swap it back and just leave the glove box. We'll see....
Old 05-18-2018, 10:11 AM
Scottvdken

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DollHouz

Was able to get this installed yesterday very fun install was able to get in without removing bumper which was nice. Might grab 2 filters and make it a dual but this shall do for now.
What CAI is this that you were able to install without removing the bumper?
Old 05-18-2018, 10:15 AM
DollHouz
Young, Dumb and Stung

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scottvdken
What CAI is this that you were able to install without removing the bumper?
The takeda attack but i will say it wasn't easy my hands are scraped up a bit but well worth it in my opinion.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:30 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Yeah, the Takeda can be installed just by removing the plastic cover thats over the radiator. There is no cutting involved. I've helped my buddy install his, and Ill say wear long sleeves and use work gloves or youll get scratched to hell.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:40 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
Yeah, the Takeda can be installed just by removing the plastic cover thats over the radiator. There is no cutting involved. I've helped my buddy install his, and Ill say wear long sleeves and use work gloves or youll get scratched to hell.
I still cut the support beam, otherwise the rubber couplings were all crushed and distorted
Old 05-18-2018, 10:44 AM
hexotic
DIY Cheapskate/Mod

Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
I still cut the support beam, otherwise the rubber couplings were all crushed and distorted
Did you unbolt those plastic ducts from the OEM intake? Had 0 issues with the couplers crumpling once we took those off. Although thinking back, I guess it did become an oval shape instead of a circle shape.
Old 05-18-2018, 10:50 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by hexotic
Did you unbolt those plastic ducts from the OEM intake? Had 0 issues with the couplers crumpling once we took those off. Although thinking back, I guess it did become an oval shape instead of a circle shape.
Yes, I removed them. Seemed like there would be a restriction. IDK, it was easy enough to dremel off the support with a cutting wheel, then clean up with a grinding stone, file and sand paper.

Although saying that sounds more complicated than it was
Old 05-18-2018, 11:10 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,563 Likes on 3,421 Posts
Originally Posted by DollHouz
The takeda attack but i will say it wasn't easy my hands are scraped up a bit but well worth it in my opinion.
Did you enlarge the inlets, or just shove the rubber elbows in there? And did you get the splash shield?

I've never removed my front bumper, but was under the impression that to do a solid job with the Takeda, it helps to remove the bumper. (And that with the Stillen Gen3, you have to remove it.) I've always though that someday I would transition from the R2C to the Takeda, but the whole bumper thing keeps walking me back from the project.
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (05-18-2018)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?