G37 Sedan

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2018, 11:38 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 505 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
I instructed a young man with a heavily leaned on S2000 at the track event yesterday. A really nice handling car with loads of power. It was set up quite nicely without a tendency to spin. He had soft tires on it which had lots of grip and allowed him to catch the car the few times he overcooked turns. Makes me think I might have to locate a used Cosworth supercharger for my Miata.
Don’t you have a Viper? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
Old 05-12-2018, 11:41 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
I instructed a young man with a heavily leaned on S2000 at the track event yesterday. A really nice handling car with loads of power. It was set up quite nicely without a tendency to spin. He had soft tires on it which had lots of grip and allowed him to catch the car the few times he overcooked turns. Makes me think I might have to locate a used Cosworth supercharger for my Miata.
I need to figure that out, badly. Mine is totally stock and is incredibly tailhappy. I have to be very careful with it.
Old 05-13-2018, 08:42 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Thanks....

I only pressed the ignition once.

I’ll try your technique next time I detail the interior. Every time I do this the battery dies
You're very welcome, Lego. Give it a try anyway, so you're solid on the technique when you need it. After a few shots, you'll find it's less of a jolt if you pop the clutch in 2nd gear.

I also have a side-load garage. Shared driveway with the neighbor, actually. Wide pavement between the houses, that splits into a fat "T", with two 2-car garages that face each other. It's not so bad, as long as we each keep our cars in our respective garages.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:31 AM
SomeName
Registered Member

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Replaced the lower radiator hose clamp. I noticed it was seeping last fall before hibernation. There was crust on the hose (it pays to remove the whole cover during oil changes), and my overflow tank was really low. Topped it off with prestone Honda/Nissan coolant. It's even the same shade of blue.
​​​​​​And I finally saved up enough amazon bonus dollars for a pair of kn air filters. Will get those in 2 days.
Old 05-13-2018, 11:39 AM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Don’t you have a Viper? Or am I confusing you with someone else?
Yes, I have a Viper. It will not see the track except maybe in parade laps. The Miata is my throw-away toy.
Old 05-14-2018, 09:54 AM
markyo0o

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Same old, same old. The supplemental heat exchanger hardly helped. The 7AT was never intended for the track.

Besides the balky trans, I was seriously overdriving the Michelin PSS. The coil-overs certainly helped stability.
The 90+ degree heat we've had recently in Houston probably didn't help either lol.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:04 AM
r2dmax

Received 71 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by SheLLz
Attempted to get an alignment done at firestone today for the lifetime warranty after having swift springs installed and they said it was too low for their lift??? I have the front sports lip as well but still first time I've heard that one. Not any lower than the swift drops I've seen on here. Guess I'll head to the dealership or check out a place called euro tune, which they recommended.
Originally Posted by Ricio1991
Really? I'm on Swift's I never had any issue with Firestone or any other aligment place
Firestone wouldn't align my 330ci the other day after I had tires on. Said it was too low. It has factory sport suspension
Old 05-14-2018, 11:10 AM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,573 Likes on 3,424 Posts
I blame management at individual Firestone shops, profiling which customers are more likely to take advantage of their lifetime alignment promotion. While certainly not a corporate policy, behavior like this rots from the head down.

If you find a shop you trust, it's a valuable thing. Even if it's just for mounting tires, or processing an alignment.
Old 05-14-2018, 11:13 AM
r2dmax

I definitely agree. I had a good alignment shop but he got old and sold the business. I say that to say I'm back at square one looking for a good one that I like
Old 05-14-2018, 11:32 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by Rochester
I blame management at individual Firestone shops, profiling which customers are more likely to take advantage of their lifetime alignment promotion. While certainly not a corporate policy, behavior like this rots from the head down.

If you find a shop you trust, it's a valuable thing. Even if it's just for mounting tires, or processing an alignment.
+1

Any of the chain shops really just has the lowest common denominator doing tire and fluid changes. Minus a few exceptions, there is virtually no pride in their work, and they're just putting in their 8 hour shift.

Originally Posted by r2dmax
I definitely agree. I had a good alignment shop but he got old and sold the business. I say that to say I'm back at square one looking for a good one that I like

They're in Monroe. If they can do a GT3 they can handle a G37

https://www.zuffenhaus.us/eurowerks/

Old 05-14-2018, 11:44 AM
r2dmax

A Porsche shop in Monroe... I'm sure they do good work. Thnaks for the heads up. I might be too lazy to drive all the way out there... lol! I might as well go to SOHO Motorsports (from what I've heard) unless you know them to be sheisty
Old 05-14-2018, 11:50 AM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Originally Posted by r2dmax
A Porsche shop in Monroe... I'm sure they do good work. Thnaks for the heads up. I might be too lazy to drive all the way out there... lol! I might as well go to SOHO Motorsports (from what I've heard) unless you know them to be sheisty
It's who aligned my car, and they did a great job. Paint indexed everything so I can visually see if anything changed, took their time so that both sides were equal vs most shops that just get the settings into the acceptable range.

I don't have any feedback on SOHO, but I imagine they would be fine. They're both off 74
Old 05-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Entcee
Premier Member

Received 123 Likes on 80 Posts
SOHO is an awesome shop, so don't hesitate to go there.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:11 PM
SheLLz
Registered Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
So I had the alignment done at another Firestone that supposedly had the specific lift needed for lowered cars. A mechanic from one of the Firestones directed me to this specific one to have it done and I guess it worked out. I still agree with Rochester though on the profiling.

So now I can enjoy the new Swifts (finally) and new wheels/tires... But.... Is my camber ok at - 2.2?

Uploaded the pic on my phone for the first time... Hopefully the resolution is resized.
Old 05-14-2018, 06:57 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
It should be okay. Monitor inner shoulder wear, if observed start with less front toe-in.
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (05-15-2018)

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?