Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2018, 12:21 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Man you guys are harsh. We were all young once (assuming the OP is younger) and we all have different thoughts on what looks "cool". If everyone didn't have opinions and different tastes we'd all be driving around beige Camrys. Kudos to this guy trying to be different. At least he didn't "cucumber" to trying to make his car look like every other G on this forum. Maybe a little more time researching tire/wheel specs may have helped too unless that is the outcome he was looking for.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:32 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
Man you guys are harsh. We were all young once (assuming the OP is younger) and we all have different thoughts on what looks "cool". If everyone didn't have opinions and different tastes we'd all be driving around beige Camrys. Kudos to this guy trying to be different. At least he didn't "cucumber" to trying to make his car look like every other G on this forum. Maybe a little more time researching tire/wheel specs may have helped too unless that is the outcome he was looking for.
When did wrinkled fenders ever look “cool”?
Old 02-20-2018, 12:34 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
HOepfully the new member takes all this in good nature and isnt dishearted by our critiques but:

I second the issue with the fender pull, but do admire the 305s out back, perhaps some more negative camber to make them fit and put the fenders back to normal.

I also don't get the 225s up front. 255's will fit great probably could get 275s up front too especially if fender pulling is on the table (but probably wont have to go this far).

I am also super curious about the RWD to AWD. Good if you lose the approx 200 lbs of the transfer case, front axles and driveshaft and don't need it, but not sure what the point was given the skinny front tires. the car seems to be set up as a drag car and awd would have helped with launches.

Not a fan of the wrap on the window trim. but really is personal taste if the owner likes it I guess.

And the grill... I could see it working if you want to go for that neon spotlight on the box look (Like with some subwoofer or NOS installs a la original fast and furious asthetic) but it looks messy with the CAIs not lined up and wires dangling everywhere...maybe clean it up and give us another picture...is it iridium coasted to go with the wrap?
Old 02-20-2018, 12:36 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
Well, not my cup of tea but it's his car to do with as he wishes. The fenders need addressing RIGHT NOW so he doesn't cut the tires.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:37 PM
QuinnDEskimo
Registered Member

Received 38 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
When did wrinkled fenders ever look “cool”?

You have a point there.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:41 PM
slartibartfast
Super Moderator

Received 836 Likes on 715 Posts
It's a learning exprience. I did plenty of things with cars I regret upon reflection.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:48 PM
justanotherg37

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First of all... I love the compliments and you guys are one hell of a crew!! I'm 30

With that being said I probably should have gave more detail in my end result project. I wrap this car myself it took me 3 days it's been on for over a year. I'll be rewrapping the car and actually having the black around the windows and some other adjustments, like the shark fin that I never wrapped.

I am nothing but ordinary I am all about being different and I didn't want to have twenties in the front and the back so I want a size smaller. I went with the big massive rim and tire for the back for the sole purpose it's badass. Even though I need traction I probably could have cut it down a notch but whatever lol. The fenders are garbage I also hate them but it's also temporary because I have my Fender Flares that I have to install and wrap.

Luxury car.... used to be. I can go drive my Mercedes C63 if I want some luxury time. My g37 is a weekend project car just as my 240SX with the rb25 motor in my garage.

If you guys have suggestions for me please by all means let me know!!

Thanks

After putting my cold air intake in I love how it look and I didn't want to put my grill back on and hide it so I made a plexiglass Grill and I've had no problems with overheating or lack of air flow.
Old 02-20-2018, 12:50 PM
justanotherg37

Also I'm upgrading the front tires from 225, to 255
Old 02-20-2018, 12:55 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by slartibartfast
It's a learning exprience. I did plenty of things with cars I regret upon reflection.
Yup.

Come to think of it, I did some things with smoked plexiglass on my brand new '83 Firebird... 35 years ago. (Color me 19 years old.) In my defense, I didn't have an online forum community available that would have properly swatted me on the nose.

Honestly, the wrap is an appealing color. And the grille is so crazy out there that you almost have to appreciate the effort. But the fenders... no, not the fenders. I'm no expert, but pretty sure you don't roll fenders with a baseball bat.

Originally Posted by QuinnDEskimo
At least he didn't "cucumber" to trying to make his car look like every other G on this forum.
Haha! At least that.
The following users liked this post:
QuinnDEskimo (02-20-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 01:04 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
We're getting a lot of mileage out of Rochester's "cucumber"
Old 02-20-2018, 01:09 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
We're getting a lot of mileage out of Rochester's "cucumber"

That's what she said.

Last edited by Rochester; 02-20-2018 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-20-2018, 01:53 PM
future62

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts
the93owner we need a full photoshoot

Damn I need to go wash my car now. Makes me wish I had a different color than black
Old 02-20-2018, 02:02 PM
RMB5190
Super Moderator

Received 500 Likes on 429 Posts
Originally Posted by justanotherg37

Luxury car.... used to be. I can go drive my Mercedes C63 if I want some luxury time. My g37 is a weekend project car just as my 240SX with the rb25 motor in my garage.

Gonna need to see some pictures of these. Yes, it's a G forum but those^ need to be shared.
The following users liked this post:
r2dmax (02-21-2018)
Old 02-20-2018, 02:56 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Originally Posted by justanotherg37
First of all... I love the compliments and you guys are one hell of a crew!! I'm 30

With that being said I probably should have gave more detail in my end result project. I wrap this car myself it took me 3 days it's been on for over a year. I'll be rewrapping the car and actually having the black around the windows and some other adjustments, like the shark fin that I never wrapped.

I am nothing but ordinary I am all about being different and I didn't want to have twenties in the front and the back so I want a size smaller. I went with the big massive rim and tire for the back for the sole purpose it's badass. Even though I need traction I probably could have cut it down a notch but whatever lol. The fenders are garbage I also hate them but it's also temporary because I have my Fender Flares that I have to install and wrap.

If you guys have suggestions for me please by all means let me know!!

Thanks

After putting my cold air intake in I love how it look and I didn't want to put my grill back on and hide it so I made a plexiglass Grill and I've had no problems with overheating or lack of air flow.
Kudos for being able to roll with the punches, and you seem to be keenly aware of the issues that you're dealing with. Hopefully with some fresh fenders and a few tweaks you can get this just the way you want
BTW, any details on the AWD to RWD transformation??
Old 02-20-2018, 03:25 PM
justanotherg37

This was originally a 2009 g37xs. After starting to upgrade the car I started running into issues with the front axles. Now this could have came from me racing or doing stupid stuff. I broke both front axles twice. Not cheap. After the second time I decided I'm just going to go rwd and go weight reduction. The process was very easy I just removed both axles got a retune. My Dash flashes awd because I don't use it. But I'm glad I did. I can go back to awd at any time!!

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?