What did you do to your Sedan today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:42 PM
Baadnewsburr
Super Moderator

Received 319 Likes on 276 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Yup

I'll have the bottom cover off and the car up, which should give better access. Might as well try the belt too
honestly you don't even need to get the bottom off... or to even lift the car...

its so easy and goes something like this:

1. pop off 10mm bolts holding the rad overflow reservoir on and move it to the side;
2. insert breaker bar into appropriate hole and yank to the side;
3. insert allan key to hold off tension;
4. wiggle wiggle
5. wiggle wiggle wiggle
6. wiggle
7. put the breaker bar back in the hole and yank a bit to release the allen key
8.remove the Allen key
9. bolt the rad reservoir back on

the specialized breaker bar is isn't strictly necessary, but in my case I only have one small breaker bar that would fit...if you have to buy one anyways, its about the same price as a breaker bar with a small head and takes the job from 15 minutes to 10 minutes as its longer and provides more room to work with ymmv...
Old 02-14-2018, 01:54 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Hashim
honestly you don't even need to get the bottom off... or to even lift the car...

its so easy and goes something like this:

1. pop off 10mm bolts holding the rad overflow reservoir on and move it to the side;
2. insert breaker bar into appropriate hole and yank to the side;
3. insert allan key to hold off tension;
4. wiggle wiggle
5. wiggle wiggle wiggle
6. wiggle
7. put the breaker bar back in the hole and yank a bit to release the allen key
8.remove the Allen key
9. bolt the rad reservoir back on

the specialized breaker bar is isn't strictly necessary, but in my case I only have one small breaker bar that would fit...if you have to buy one anyways, its about the same price as a breaker bar with a small head and takes the job from 15 minutes to 10 minutes as its longer and provides more room to work with ymmv...
Thanks!

I'm going to have the car up and the bottom tray off anyway for new sway bar bushings and end links. Figure it wont hurt to have bottom access if needed.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:17 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
Lets expand this a bit, nice shot there VVVV
The following 2 users liked this post by blnewt:
370GTAWD (02-15-2018), r2dmax (02-15-2018)
Old 02-14-2018, 05:13 PM
Knightjs
Registered Member

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Lego_Maniac
Dropped the car off to have the steering rack replaced.
Do you "know" it needed replacing? Local Nissan dealership reported mine needed replacing a few weeks ago during an oil change. I asked around and was told it's rare for ours to go out. I was there today for a few things and I told them to give everything a lookover while there. This time no mention of it. By the way, what we're you quoted? Told me @$2600!
Old 02-14-2018, 06:50 PM
Lego_Maniac
Registered Member

Received 506 Likes on 435 Posts
Originally Posted by Knightjs
Do you "know" it needed replacing? Local Nissan dealership reported mine needed replacing a few weeks ago during an oil change. I asked around and was told it's rare for ours to go out. I was there today for a few things and I told them to give everything a lookover while there. This time no mention of it. By the way, what we're you quoted? Told me @$2600!
I “know” it was seeping fluid and was covered under warranty.

Did it need replaced? IDK

Would I have paid $2600 to have it replaced? Nope
Old 02-14-2018, 07:15 PM
Rochester
Administrator

Received 4,574 Likes on 3,425 Posts
Mine's been weeping PS fluid for years, yet the fluid reservoir is fine.

No more warranty. Oh well.
Old 02-15-2018, 11:45 AM
370GTAWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blnewt
Thank You! Took this picture with a DSLR camera I was disappointed when it appeared so small on here.
Old 02-15-2018, 12:42 PM
370GTAWD

Originally Posted by blnewt
Here's another shot at a different angle...maybe you can expand this one as well
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-180213_0053.jpg  
Old 02-15-2018, 06:10 PM
NH G37xS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 370GTAWD
Here's another shot at a different angle...maybe you can expand this one as well
Are those the base 18 inch coupe wheels? I don't think I've seen a sedan with those rims...any chance we can get a side shot?
Old 02-15-2018, 06:30 PM
370GTAWD

Originally Posted by NH G37xS
Are those the base 18 inch coupe wheels? I don't think I've seen a sedan with those rims...any chance we can get a side shot?
Why yes they are! I bought them second hand about a month after I got the car because I couldn't stand the base 37x wheels and I wanted a rim that could support a more high performance tire. The x's need a square stance so I went with the 18" Enkei's from the coupe on Dunlop Sport Maxx A/S tires that came with them, will be replacing them with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ when the time comes. Here is the side shot I have, not nearly as glamorous as the other photos and taken before I changed out the exhaust. I'd love to get rid of some of that wheel gap but I really don't want to compromise the ride quality since I travel and commute a lot.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_0741.jpg  
Old 02-15-2018, 06:53 PM
NH G37xS

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Why yes they are! I bought them second hand about a month after I got the car because I couldn't stand the base 37x wheels and I wanted a rim that could support a more high performance tire. The x's need a square stance so I went with the 18" Enkei's from the coupe on Dunlop Sport Maxx A/S tires that came with them, will be replacing them with Michelin Pilot Sport AS 3+ when the time comes. Here is the side shot I have, not nearly as glamorous as the other photos and taken before I changed out the exhaust. I'd love to get rid of some of that wheel gap but I really don't want to compromise the ride quality since I travel and commute a lot.
I'm in the same exact boat...I've got a '13x sedan and looking for an OEM 18 inch setup and I think I may try to track down a set of these. Looks great! I was originally going to look for a set of the twin spoke sport wheels from the 07-08 sport sedan but I actually like your setup more. Not a huge fan of the 17 inch x sedan wheels either.

And I agree, closing up the wheel gap would look nice but IMO not worth the cost, extra maintenance, and decrese in ride quality. I drive about 2500 miles/month and couldn't agree with you more.
Old 02-15-2018, 09:23 PM
Nico-derm
Premier Member

Received 75 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by Rochester
Finally bought some wheel chocks. Did some internet comparison shopping, and selected Race Ramps. They're made of super hard, thick rubber. Very impressive.

+1 Have them at home
Old 02-15-2018, 10:05 PM
blnewt
Movin On!

Received 4,941 Likes on 4,174 Posts
While I'm at it might as well expand the last one too

Old 02-16-2018, 12:04 AM
RxRyanM
Registered Member

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts
Managed to hit a dead something on the road and popped my lower grille loose (again)

But no broken bumper, no weird noises upon accel/decel, low/medium speed, sweeping/tight turns, and no overheating. So I think I'm good? I hope. Could've been a lot worse, I supposed. I could've been lowered and had the sport lip on, so I guess I dodged that bullet.
Old 02-16-2018, 12:06 AM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
Originally Posted by RxRyanM
Managed to hit a dead something on the road and popped my lower grille loose (again)

But no broken bumper, no weird noises upon accel/decel, low/medium speed, sweeping/tight turns, and no overheating. So I think I'm good? I hope. Could've been a lot worse, I supposed. I could've been lowered and had the sport lip on, so I guess I dodged that bullet.

I ran over an already dead deer in my lowered car at night a few months back. The sound that made was absolutely horrible. Luckily literally 0 damage though

Quick Reply: What did you do to your Sedan today?