Old 08-14-2017, 03:08 PM   #3451
saywat?

so feal is a canadian brand?
saywat? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 03:43 PM   #3452
c1utchh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake85 View Post
Had the new Feal 441 coilovers installed yesterday as well as SPC front control arms and 5mm spacers all around. Rear control arms will be installed tomorrow. Its too low right now and im not a big fan of the "tucked" look so it will be raised up about a half an inch tomorrow as well. Havent had any time to push the car properly so Im going to do that today and ill report back. The short amount of time driving it home from the shop revealed a much higher level of composure over road imperfections when going straight or cornering. It soaks bumps up very nicely. Way more of a refined ride compared to the stock struts and shocks with the Swifts on there. Selling the Swifts as well if anyone is interested.
Looking very proper Jake, always good to see the variations of height with our wheel style. It looks almost as tucked as mine. I'm still considering what sort of MM spacers to go for the front to make the fat tire appearance stand out more.
c1utchh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 05:31 PM   #3453
LssThanThree

Installed Whiteline's polyurethane differential bushings. The car now shifts much smoother and the 1-2 gear change jerkiness is almost completely gone.
It finally feels smooth while accelerating which was something that was driving me crazy.
LssThanThree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2017, 11:49 PM   #3454
Jake85

Quote:
Originally Posted by c1utchh View Post
Looking very proper Jake, always good to see the variations of height with our wheel style. It looks almost as tucked as mine. I'm still considering what sort of MM spacers to go for the front to make the fat tire appearance stand out more.
Thanks man. Your car looks great by the way. I am going to go with a slightly fatter tire next time, somewhere between mine and yours. Looks like you could do a 10mm since your front tires are only 245.
Jake85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 05:36 PM   #3455
2GoRNot2G
Premier Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake85 View Post
Thank you. Yeah I think I could have safely gone with 10mm based on my calculations but I wanted to play it safe this first go round. My mechanic buddy didn't have time to do the rear control arms. There is too much camber there in those pictures since it hasn't had a new alignment yet. The camber is creating that tucked look which is only exaggerated by how low it is. Once it's aligned and the camber is lessened the top of the wheel will sit more flush thus eliminating some of that side gap. I'll reasses the need for the bigger spacers at the end of the day today once the car is all squared properly with rear control arms installed, new alignment and raising the car up about a half inch. I'm scraping things so easily and it's sketching me out big time. It wasn't suppose to be set that low.

Sounds like you've got a solid plan of action... I agree that you should definitely make sure you've got the rear camber set and the ride height where you want it before going any thicker on the spacers.
2GoRNot2G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 02:22 PM   #3456
doublea88

Wrapped my center console in vinyl in a darker grey! Not a pro at wrapping but happy with the way it looks. Will attempt to finish the door sills with them on the car, don't really feel like taking apart the door for that.
Attached Thumbnails
What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_7577.jpg  
doublea88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #3457
guy from norcal

Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea88 View Post
Wrapped my center console in vinyl in a darker grey! Not a pro at wrapping but happy with the way it looks. Will attempt to finish the door sills with them on the car, don't really feel like taking apart the door for that.
Nice. Really makes the carsmo ***** pop.
guy from norcal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 04:25 PM   #3458
blnewt
Modr8r & DIY cheapsk8

Thanked 4,200 Times in 3,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublea88 View Post
Nice color choice there, looks like a good job. Removing the door panels isn't hard, I'd go that route vs. wrapping w/ them on the panel. That wrap color would also look great on the lower console piece, I'd do that too
blnewt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 05:01 PM   #3459
doublea88

Yup love the color and actually did the lower console too. The hardest part were the 1-6 numbers and having to wrap behind them. Will attempt to remove the drivers side door as I will need to because of the seat memory buttons.
Attached Thumbnails
What did you do to your Sedan today?-img_7574.jpg  
doublea88 is offline   Reply With Quote