G37 Sedan

The Sedan Exhaust Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 04:42 PM
Banshee
Registered Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I tried taking video of my exhaust. It must be a $#!tty camera because all you can hear is white noise and the sound of birds and tires on the road. I'll give it another go with my friends DSR another day.

edit: You can hear the exhaust, but it's such a low decibel that the camera just pops and sort of doesn't catch it. Difficult to explain I suppose.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:22 PM
EquinoxVoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm looking into buying some kinetix hfcs for my 2013 g37 sedan, i found some on ebay but it doesn't have the g37 sedan on the list of compatible models, would it be compatible though? Here's the link https://www.ebay.com/itm/360531468610
Old 04-21-2017, 07:24 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
Yes it will fit
Old 04-21-2017, 07:26 PM
EquinoxVoid

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 4doorfury
Yes it will fit
Thank you
Old 04-22-2017, 12:15 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Received 335 Likes on 261 Posts
So I think it's time to get a new y-pipe, mine has gotten pretty banged up from being lowered. Any suggestions on anything aftermarket, or should I stick with OEM? Are the coupe ones any different from the sedan, and if so, would it be worth swapping over for a little extra oomph?

So far my exhaust is completely stock except for Vibrant resonators on the midpipe and the Tanabe axleback.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:00 PM
iCrap
Registered Member

Received 607 Likes on 452 Posts
There would be no performance gain for swapping it, so i'd just stick with OEM. Personally, i'd even leave the banged up one in... unless it's got a hole in it.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:12 PM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by iCrap
There would be no performance gain for swapping it, so i'd just stick with OEM. Personally, i'd even leave the banged up one in... unless it's got a hole in it.
The flex sections are pretty frayed, and I'm not sure but I think I hear some rasp or what could be a leak. Might be coming from that but I can't tell.
Old 04-22-2017, 08:16 PM
4doorfury

Received 75 Likes on 58 Posts
The 2007-08 hr had the largest ID OEM y pipe I could find. It is exactly 2". The rest are just under 2" unless you get the 370z sport exhaust or whatever it's called y pipe
Old 04-23-2017, 11:18 AM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Originally Posted by the93owner
So I think it's time to get a new y-pipe, mine has gotten pretty banged up from being lowered. Any suggestions on anything aftermarket, or should I stick with OEM? Are the coupe ones any different from the sedan, and if so, would it be worth swapping over for a little extra oomph?

So far my exhaust is completely stock except for Vibrant resonators on the midpipe and the Tanabe axleback.
As far as extra oomph I swaped the oem for a ebay Y pipe 2.5". There is no difference in sound or performance. But it is shiny And you can't beat $106 price tag.
Old 04-23-2017, 07:18 PM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Now that I've had the ark grip exhaust on for a few months I must say I can't imagine a better exhaust system for this car. Not to say they couldn't exist, but until I try others myself I'll remain highly skeptical there is better out there. I have heard a few axle backs and they were a huge let down.

Though I'll say the stillen gen 3 has probably done as much if not more for the sound and performance for my car. I'm not sure if it's just the intake, or the fact that I have both together, but now the car feels/sounds like an actual sports car (to me).

These only two bolt on mods I have so far have me wanting more. Almost wish I would have bought the high flow cats now too.
The following users liked this post:
GofToronto (06-02-2019)
Old 04-23-2017, 08:59 PM
guy from norcal
Registered Member

Received 352 Likes on 316 Posts
Very nice supra.The ark exhaust is a thing of beauty.
Old 04-24-2017, 03:39 AM
Furlow

Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom
Now that I've had the ark grip exhaust on for a few months I must say I can't imagine a better exhaust system for this car. Not to say they couldn't exist, but until I try others myself I'll remain highly skeptical there is better out there. I have heard a few axle backs and they were a huge let down.

Though I'll say the stillen gen 3 has probably done as much if not more for the sound and performance for my car. I'm not sure if it's just the intake, or the fact that I have both together, but now the car feels/sounds like an actual sports car (to me).

These only two bolt on mods I have so far have me wanting more. Almost wish I would have bought the high flow cats now too.
I'm considering upgrading to the Stillen Gen 3 (I have the 2) but I'm concerned about rain/water. Do you have the splash guard installed? Is that really enough to stop any water from getting in?
Old 04-24-2017, 04:24 AM
the93owner
Registered Member

Originally Posted by guy from norcal
As far as extra oomph I swaped the oem for a ebay Y pipe 2.5". There is no difference in sound or performance. But it is shiny And you can't beat $106 price tag.
Hmm, I'd consider that. No hints of rasp coming from the mismatched diameters from the y-pipe to the midpipe?
Old 04-24-2017, 09:21 AM
SupraOfDoom
Registered Member

Received 231 Likes on 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Furlow
I'm considering upgrading to the Stillen Gen 3 (I have the 2) but I'm concerned about rain/water. Do you have the splash guard installed? Is that really enough to stop any water from getting in?
Yeah I do have the splash guard installed. I haven't had it long enough to comment much on long term results, but I've drove it home in the rain a couple times already without issue. Still a bit paranoid about it.
Old 04-24-2017, 09:23 AM
ZahyMatar
Registered Member

Received 339 Likes on 233 Posts
Originally Posted by SupraOfDoom

​​​​​​
My biggest grips with the Ark was that it hands way too low in the rear. Other than that, I think it sounds awesome.

Quick Reply: The Sedan Exhaust Thread